Monday, November 21, 2011

23 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights How Far Along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 11 inches and 15 ounces -- about the size of a papaya!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Umm.... I think I'll be keeping this number to myself! Ha! Just as I feared, I had a pretty big jump over the past 4 weeks. My OB was really nice about it though. She said if I'm staying active (haven't been going to the gym like I should) and watching what I eat, that's all I can do. There will be plenty of time to diet AFTER the baby is born. And after I'm no longer nursing her. Whatever.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. I need to expand my wardrobe, but I'm having the hardest time finding any maternity clothes that I like and feel are reasonably priced. I'm probably just being too cheap, but these are temporary clothes! Maybe there will be some good Black Friday sales ;)
Movement: The kicks are getting stronger and a lot more frequent. I can now feel her kicking from the outside. I usually feel her moving around anytime I sit down and get still for a minute. LOVE that!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I've been sleeping like a rock!
What I miss: I'm not missing anything right now :)
Cravings: The other night, I really wanted BBQ. I used to really not like BBQ until I was pregnant with Jude. I craved it like crazy then. I've liked it ever since, and I still crave it occasionally. Tonight, I had to have a veggie sub from Subway.
Symptoms: Bigger appetite than usual (thus, the weight gain) and sleepiness. I've been wanting to take more naps lately.
Best Moment This Week: Going to the doctor and hearing Alaina's heartbeat :) It was strong and in the 140's. My blood pressure was also good which was a relief!
What I Am Looking Forward To: I'm looking forward to a lot: Thanksgiving, Black Friday shopping, decorating for Christmas, and then starting to work on Jude's new room so that the nursery can become Alaina Ruth's room! Love this time of year!!

No comments: