Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week in Review: Happy Birthday, David!

We had a better week this week. Everyone was feeling better, and that made things SO much more fun :) Jude did get really fussy towards the end of the week, and I was worried that he had an ear infection, but we discovered that he's teething :) We seemed to take more pictures than usual this week, and if you notice that there are more of Jude than Aubrey, it's only because he's not as fast as she is. Yet ;)

We were all on the mend after our nasty colds the week before, so we were all going to church. Both of the children needed baths that morning.I put some soup in the crockpot and then we headed to church. We had communion that morning. After church, we went to Sunday School and had a small but good class. When we got home from church, we ate soup, and then David took my weekly belly picture. I put Jude to bed, and then I took a nap myself. That afternoon, I got up and got ready for night church. When church was over, we went to dinner at Newks with my family. That was fun! The kids were really tired when we got home, so we put them straight to bed. I blogged and watched some TV. We stayed up pretty late that night.

Monday: The kids and I got up and had an uneventful morning. I did some laundry, and Aubrey watched Cinderella while Jude played. Then Aubrey did some coloring and worked on a puzzle. I helped her with the puzzle, and then we ran to Corner Bakery to get some soup for lunch. I really wanted soup, and David had taken the leftover soup from the day before for lunch. While we were out, we drove through Chickfila to get some chicken nuggets for the kids. I couldn't get lunch for myself and nothing for them :) When we got home, we all ate lunch, and then I put Jude down for a nap. He went right to sleep, and I then put Aubrey in bed. I was shocked, but she actually slept! While they both napped, I got on the internet for a little while, did more laundry, took a shower and got ready, and cleaned up the house. It was nice to have all that total quiet time! :) When Jude woke up, I went upstairs and got him dressed. I was just about to go wake Aubrey up when she woke up on her own. She was in a great mood, and I told her that we were going to the circus! She was super excited! There was a little circus close to my parents' house that my mom had heard about. Since David and my dad and brothers were at karate that night, my mom and I thought it would be fun to take the kids to the circus. We picked up my mom and then headed to the circus :) Aubrey loved it. Jude was terrified :-/ The music was just a little loud for him, but my mom held him, and he was ok. This was the look on his face the majority of the night. Ha!At least he was too frozen in place to be fighting to get down the whole time ;) Aubrey sat in my lap and loved the animals and performances. My mom and I got a kick out of the fact that the people selling cotton candy and popcorn before the show ended up being the main performers in the circus. Ha! Like I said, it was a small little circus ;) My mom bought a snow cone for the kids to share, and they told us after we had already gotten it that they didn't have any spoons. Ha! The kids did ok though :)Aubrey had a great time, and it got us out of the house, so it was a success. This picture cracks me up because they both look like they're being tortured ;)

After it was over, it was getting late, and we hadn't had dinner, so we ran to McAlister's. Jude wouldn't touch anything other than Saltine crackers. Sigh. We took my mom back home, and then the kids and I headed home too. I gave Jude a banana when we got home, and then I bathed him. He was exhausted by that point, so I put him right to bed. David got home about the time I got Jude down, and he bathed Aubrey and put her to bed. When both the kids were in bed, David and I talked about our days for a little while, and then I did my Bible Study homework. David watched some TV and I got on the internet before bed.

Tuesday: The kids were up bright and early. We went ahead and started getting ready to go to Bible Study. We made it there a little earlier than usual, so I guess that's a perk to the kids getting up earlier ;) Bible Study was good, but we had a small group. We continued our John Piper study on the difference between manhood and womanhood. It led to some interesting discussion like, should women be in active combat? Interesting things to think about. Anyway, after it was over, Rebekkah and I went to lunch at Jason's Deli. It was SO crowded, but we still had fun! Jude was super picky again, and he pretty much threw everything that I offered him on the floor. Ughh. When we finished lunch, we came home for naps. Aubrey slept again (??) but Jude didn't nap well. He only slept for about an hour, and then he woke up crying. I rocked him for a while, and he went back to sleep for a little while, but not long. Bummer. David got home that afternoon, and he went to wake Aubrey up. He found her sound asleep in her closet! Haha! What in the world? Apparently she was playing and got tired, so she just went on to sleep right where she was. We got the kids ready, and we went to David's parent's house for dinner. David's birthday was the next day, so we were having a little birthday dinner for him :) The kids had fun playing out on the deck before dinner!
Funny Face!
Serious Face!
This picture is not flattering of me AT ALL, but I thought the way Aubrey was looking at David was so sweet that I had to post it anyway.

We enjoyed a great meal, and then David's mom had invited some family friends over to eat cake. We enjoyed visiting with them for a little while while we ate chocolate cake :) Jude was SO exhausted by this point thanks to his short nap. Bless his little heart -- that baby needed his bed!
"Happy Birthday to you...!"

We headed home not too long after dessert to get Jude in bed. Once the kids were asleep, I watched TV for a little while. David and I had both been really tired, so we decided to go to bed early. It's a good thing, because Jude woke up several times. David finally gave him Tylenol, and he slept great after that.

Wednesday: We had another pretty early morning. Aubrey has been getting up earlier since she's been napping again. We ate breakfast and got dressed, and then I took the kids to my parents' house so that I could go to the gym. I'm going to try to start going to the gym more in the mornings. Since getting pregnant, I've been too tired at night to really go consistently, so I think this schedule will work better for now. Plus, the gym I go to is really close to my parents' house, so it's very convenient just to drop them off there for a little while. I had a good workout, and then I ran in Cups to get a fruit and yogurt parfait. Love those things! I picked the kids up, and we came back home and played until lunchtime. Jude seemed SO tired and just sat in my lap for a while. I was getting worried that his ears might be infected. He did perk up around lunchtime, though. I gave him a bath after lunch, and then I put him down for his nap. He took forever to fall asleep. Of course he would after he had been practically falling asleep sitting up 30 minutes before. I put Aubrey in the tub after I got Jude in bed, and I let her play for a while. I finally ended up going to Jude's room, and he had a dirty diaper, so I changed him and put him back to bed. He eventually went to sleep. I put Aubrey in her room, and then I got on the computer for a while. I got so sleepy, so I decided to take a little 30 minute nap. Once I woke up, I really had to hurry to get ready to go to tutoring. I took a shower and got ready, and then I got Aubrey ready (she didn't sleep that day), and I had to wake Jude up. We went to church for tutoring, and it was a little frustrating that day. The child I was working with was being a little difficult, but it is a ministry, and this is a small way I can serve, even when it's frustrating. After that, I got the kids out of the nursery, and then we went to the gym. David (the birthday boy!) met us there, and we let the kids play. Rebekkah and I went into the church office and did some work for our Fall Festival coming up. (Really, she did all the work, and I just talked ;) By then, it was dinner time. We ate at church, and then we had a little program. We're having a special program on the first Wednesday of every month now as an outreach to the community. When it was over, we came home for bed.
Yep, definitely time for bed! This was my attempt at getting a picture of David on his birthday with the kids.

I put Jude right down, and David got Aubrey ready for bed and put her down. Then I got on the internet and David watched some TV before bed.

The kids slept a little bit later, so that was welcomed! :) When we were all up, we ate breakfast, and then we got dressed and I made a grocery list. We headed to Kroger after that. The grocery trip was a little stressful. I let Aubrey and Jude ride in the car buggy that has the car at the front of the buggy. That way they're sitting next to each other, and there's still plenty of room for groceries. Well, lately they've just been loud and I kind of get flustered. They are playing, but they're basically pulling each other over, and trying to grab everything I put in the cart, and I just can't get out of there fast enough! Ha! How am I going to grocery shop with 3??? When we finally got home, I was trying to get all of the groceries put away, and they were both underfoot and whining for lunch. Ahh, more stress! I eventually got them both fed, and they were a little happier. Of course I then had a HUGE mess to clean up. I decided that an early naptime was the plan for the day! ;) I got both kids down for naps, and Jude took a while to go to sleep. He cried and I had to go to his room several times. Aubrey played for a while, and then she went to sleep.... in her closet again! So weird! While they both slept, I took a shower, got on the internet, cleaned up the lunch mess, and watched an episode of Project Runway. When the kids woke up, we went outside to swing for a little while.
The mosquitoes were terrible, so we didn't last long. We came back inside and just played and waited for David to get home. When he did get home, we ate some chicken chili soup that I had put in the crockpot earlier. Jude was SUPER fussy, and David said he didn't know how I had dealt with him all day. That was nice to hear, even though Jude hadn't been that bad all day. David gave Jude a bath, and then I put him to bed. I think we were all happy to say goodnight ;) He had just had a rough evening, poor baby. David put Aubrey to bed, and I read some blogs until bedtime. David and I went to bed pretty early, but we talked for a while before going to sleep.

Friday: My dad was taking Aubrey (and Jude this time!) to breakfast. They were going a little earlier than usual because my dad had a lunch appointment, so I had wake both kids up. My dad and brothers came and picked them up, and I had some nice quiet time at home alone. I totally wasted it and just sat around reading blogs. Ha! They came back a little earlier than they usually do because apparently Aubrey had misbehaved :-/ They did have fun anyway, though. When they left, the kids and I just hung out at home the rest of the day.
We ate lunch, and then I put them down for naps. I took a shower, and then I was so sleepy, so I decided to take a quick nap on the couch. When Jude woke up from his nap, he was SOOO cranky. He was just fussy and unhappy. David and I had a date planned for that night, and I have to admit, I was pretty happy to be leaving him with my mom! Ha! I say that only because Jude loves my mom and my brother Joel, especially, so I knew he would probably be happier when they got here anyway. I finished getting ready as best I could with all of the fussing, and then David was home. He entertained the kids while I finished getting ready, and then my mom and brothers got here (my dad was hunting). David and I left for our hot date! ;) We had lots of fun! We ate dinner at Bonefish Grill. It was so good! Then we had a little time to kill so we ran in Wal-Mart (totally random) before heading to the movie theater. We saw Courageous, and it was a great movie. I literally started crying during the first 5 minutes of the movie and never stopped. Ha! I was pretty emotional ;) My mom did text me right as the movie was starting to let me know that she had seen that Jude has a molar breaking through! I was happy to know that he's teething and most likely does not have an ear infection. Anyway, after the movie, David and I went to Barnes and Noble and I got some hot chocolate and we just browsed. I went ahead and got my book club book for this month so maybe I won't be reading it the day of ;) When we got home, the kids were sleeping, and my mom said they had been fine. After they left, we went to bed.

Saturday: I woke up to a quiet, empty house. I called David and he had taken the kids to the park so I could sleep. How sweet is he?! They came home after I called (they had been there a while already), and they told me about how much fun they had had. David is such a sweet daddy :) David went outside to do some work in the yard, and I stayed in with Aubrey and Jude. Aubrey went outside with David for a little while, and I fed Jude lunch. David and Aubrey came inside then, and we all ate lunch. It was then Jude's naptime, so I put him down. David put Aubrey down when she finished lunch, and I took a shower and got ready. I then went to Target. I met my mom and grandmother there, and we shopped at Target for a while. When I left, I drove through Bop's for a chocolate malt. Yum! Then I stopped at a Farmer's Market and got some Mums. When I got home, both kids were awake and they were outside playing. We bathed them and then David took a shower and got ready. We then went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom. We had a pretty quick dinner, because David wanted to watch the Auburn game. Sadly, it was a disappointing game. I put Jude to bed, and then David put Aubrey to bed. While he watched the game, I cooked and assembled some lasagna to bake the next day for lunch. Then I read a lot of my book club book. It's pretty interesting, so I think I'll definitely finish this one early! We went to bed after the game was over.


Ashley said...

Such cute pictures of you and Jude!

Courtney said...

Love the pictures of you with Jude. That circus sounds like the same one I took my niece and nephew. The performers sold tickets, and then did three or four different performances.