Wednesday, October 26, 2011

19 Weeks

Yet another lovely picture taken at 11:30 PM. ;)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 6.0 inches and 8.5 ounces -- about the size of a mango! Last week at the ultrasound, her estimated weight was 9 ounces :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I found out at my appointment last week that I've gained 10 pounds so far. I'm only sharing that because that's good for me! Haha! I'm trying to eat fairly healthy and exercise regularly, and I'm not going to obsess about my weight beyond that.
Maternity Clothes: I've pretty much gone to all maternity clothes, which is a bummer since I have less than 5 shirts (I know I sound like a broken record saying that, and I'm sorry). I can wear some non-maternity shirts if they're long enough, which most of mine aren't. So, I'm just doing a lot of outfit repeating! ;) (You might notice that I'm wearing the same shirt in my picture today that I was wearing in the St. Louis pictures from Saturday. See? Outfit repeating! It is clean, though -- haha!)
Movement: Ironically, I've felt a lot more movement since my sonogram where I found out I have an anterior placenta. Now that I have a reason to not feel as much movement, I'm feeling more! I'm happy to be feeling little kicks :) I feel a little something just about everyday now, but the movement isn't as strong as I think it would be at this point without the anterior placenta. It's still so reassuring to feel movement and to know that the baby is active whether I'm feeling a ton of movement at this point or not!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! We're still working on a name :)
Sleep: Oh, sleep is great! Especially since we got back home from our trip and the kids are in their own beds in their own rooms!
What I miss: I could go for some cheese dip from a Mexican restaurant.
Cravings: I've still been eating a lot of pickles. I've been through several jars lately. Ha! I love pickles anyway, so I don't know if I'd really call that a craving. The funny part is that David detests pickles. He can't even stand the smell. So, I'm sure he's loving all the pickle eating going on in this house lately!
Symptoms: Hmmm..... I can't really think of any symptoms, which I guess is a good thing! I really could very easily just forget that I'm pregnant. Oh, I've been more broken out lately than I think I've ever been. It makes total sense that this baby is a girl, because she's definitely stolen my beauty! Haha!
Best Moment This Week: Finding out that our sweet baby is a girl, and, most importantly, that she looks perfectly healthy! It was a HUGE relief to hear that there are no red flags and that our baby has all of her organs and little arms and legs and that everything is growing right on track!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Now that we know that we're having a girl, I cannot wait to pick a name. David and I have been talking about names a lot since the sonogram, and David has one that he really likes, but I'm still thinking about it :) Hopefully we will reach a decision SOON. David keeps reminding me that there is no rush, but I just love calling our baby by name, and I get antsy to have a name right after finding out the gender. It will make her feel more like part of our family to me (and I think to the kids) when we can start using her name in conversation. I really love this part of pregnancy -- I'm showing, but I'm not HUGE yet. I'm not uncomfortable. I'm feeling little kicks. We know we're having a girl. I'm not nervous about actually having 3 kids yet because her birth still seems like a LONG way off. So, really, I'm just enjoying where we are right now :)

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

That does sound like the perfect time in your pregnancy! You're looking great!

Whitney said...

You look great! I love hearing your updates since we are right there together. I got some longer, flowy tops from Loft a few weeks ago. They were a little expensive, but they make me feel a little better since they aren't maternity. And, I tell myself I'll wear them when I'm not pregnant!