Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week in Review: Back to Normal

We had a much more calm, uneventful week this week than last. We didn't completely avoid the doctor, though! Jude ended up with an ear infection toward the end of the week. Thankfully, that was the only trip to the doctor we had to make. It was nice to have a "boring" week!

Sunday: Aubrey and Jude still had very snotty noses, so we decided to keep them home from church. David went to church that morning, and the kids and I stayed home. I hate missing church, but we didn't want to expose anyone to our potential germs. It was stormy and rainy all day, which I LOVE. A good rainy day is my favorite. The kids and I went out on the back deck and sat under the overhang just watching the rain. It was peaceful and really nice. When we came back in, Aubrey watched a Veggie Tales movie (it seemed appropriate for a Sunday - haha), and I started fixing some beef stew for lunch. We hung out together the rest of the morning, and then I fed Jude lunch and put him down for his nap. That's the only nice thing about missing church -- Jude gets to stick to his normal schedule. Aubrey and I waited until David got home to eat. We had a nice lunch, and David told us all about church. Then, he put Aubrey down for a nap, and I took a shower and napped myself. When I got up, I got ready and went to night church. David and the kids stayed home. I enjoyed being at church, and I stopped at Newks and got dinner on my way home. David had just put Jude to bed when I got home, and I ate while he put Aubrey to bed. Then the two of us watched the second Bourne movie. We enjoyed it, and we talked for a little while before going to bed.

Monday: David had the day off since it was Labor Day. The kids woke up early, and he got up with them. When I got up, we decided to go to breakfast. It was still stormy and MUCH cooler than it had been outside, but that didn't keep us home! We went to Huddle House and had a fun time. We stopped at Target for diapers on the way home, and then it was Jude's naptime. He took a good nap, but Aubrey didn't sleep. We were going over to my parents' house that afternoon, so I took a shower and got ready while the kids were in bed. When they woke up, we bathed them, and then we headed to my parents'.
Ready to go to the grandparents' house!

My dad cooked pulled pork, and it was so good! My grandmother made several delicious desserts, and I definitely ate too much! :) Jude enjoyed some whipped cream for dessert :)

The kids had a lot of fun playing, and we hung out until close to bedtime.
We came home and got the kids in bed, and then I got on the internet for a while and went to bed.

Tuesday: My Bible Study got canceled that morning. Several of us weren't going to be there (I was nervous about putting Aubrey in the nursery because of her collar bone), and we have a pretty small group anyway. We we decided to just cancel that week. Rebekkah and I still wanted to get out, so we met at Mellow Mushroom for lunch. That was fun, but Jude was fussy and it got a little stressful toward the end. That's just the way it goes sometimes, though :) We came right home for naps after lunch. Jude took a wile to go to sleep (if I put him down even just a few minutes after noon, he has a hard time falling asleep), and Aubrey never slept at all. I straightened up the house while they were both in bed. When Jude woke up, we were going to go to the grocery store, but he was pretty grumpy, so I decided to just wait until David got home (he was on his way at that point). I left the kids with David and ran to the grocery store by myself. Much faster that way! ;) The weather was amazing that day -- it was gorgeous and COOL. It actually felt like fall!! (We don't really get fall weather here, so that was exciting. And when I say it was cool, I mean it was in the 70's. Ha!) David and the kids were outside playing when I got home, and I immediately started cooking dinner. The weather was so amazing that we decided to eat outside and enjoy it more. It was perfect!
Aubrey making a "silly face" during dinner.

We stayed outside for a while after dinner, and then I came inside and blogged. I put Jude to bed at 8, and then Rebekkah and I went to the gym. We walked on the treadmill and called it a night. I talked to David for a little while we I got home, and then I went to bed.

Wednesday: We woke up to another gorgeous day, so I decided that we would get out and enjoy it. I had to go by the post office and the library, and then we drove through CFA and got some breakfast. We then went to the park. First, I put the kids in the stroller and walked. I walked as long as Aubrey could stand seeing the playground and not actually playing. Haha. Then we played for a while. We had fun swinging and sliding. Aubrey was "pretending to be asleep" while she was swinging.

I just loved being out of the house getting fresh air with the kids, and it's something I want to do more often. We came back home for lunch, and then I gave Jude a bath. I put him down for his nap, and then I bathed Aubrey. I put her down, but, once again, she didn't sleep. I took a shower and got ready. I went in and got Aubrey dressed, and then Jude was awake. Perfect timing! I got him dressed, and then we loaded up and went to tutoring at church. That went well, and when it was over, David had the kids outside on the playground. I joined them, and we had a nice time outside until dinner time at church. We ate dinner and put the kids in the nursery. I didn't have to teach that night, because we have a special program on the first Wednesday of the month. At first, Jude wasn't feeling the nursery, and I thought I was going to have to get him out, but we calmed down. When church was over, we came home and put the kids straight to bed. Then I watched some TV and blogged before going to bed.

Thursday: We didn't have anything big on the agenda, so we had a leisurely morning. Jude didn't wake up until 9:30!! It was insane considering he was up at 6:30 the day before. Guess he needed some extra sleep! I made a grocery list, and then we headed to Kroger. Aubrey got crazy when we got to Kroger. She was just hyper and loud and energy-filled. It would have been cute if we had been home ;-/ When we finished, we came home and ate lunch. Then I put Jude down for a nap. I put him down later than usual since he had slept so late. I put Aubrey down, too, and she actually slept for the first time in what seemed like a week. Jude didn't nap long, but I pretty much expected that. Thankfully, he woke up in a SUPER sweet mood, so I didn't mind the short nap :) I was taking dinner to a sweet family from church who had a baby, so I cooked that afternoon, and Jude hung out in the kitchen with me. For once, I was pretty organized about taking a meal to someone, and I got all the food finished and packed up with time to spare. Usually I'm rushing around and running late and stressing out. Ha! My mom came over to keep the kids while I delivered the food, because I was going to be gone right in the middle of their dinner time, and David wasn't going to be home until later. Aubrey was waking up right as my mom got here, and she was in a super sweet mood, too. I left to deliver the food, and I was actually running a little early. Imagine that! I decided to pull over to a Wendy's to kill a minute. I got on the internet on my phone for a few minutes, and then it was time for me to go. When I tried to put my car in reverse, nothing happened. It did the EXACT same thing a few weeks ago, and we ended up having to have the transmission replaced! So, after spending some major $$ on the dumb car, it decided to flake out again. I was SO frustrated at that point, because now I was going to be LATE with the food! I called David, and he was on his way home, but he turned around to come rescue me. I also called my friend who just had the baby and explained the situation (I felt like such an idiot), and she offered to just come to Wendy's and get the food. She and David arrived around the same time, and we got the food passed off, and David was able to push my car back enough to put it in drive (it drives fine; it just won't reverse) so that we could get it home. Whew! By the time we got home, the kids had eaten and were just hanging out with my mom. David and I ate (I made enough of the food I was taking to our friends for us to have some, too), and then we talked to my mom for a little while before she went home. By that point, it was time to bathe the kids and get them ready for bed. After Jude was asleep, I picked Rebekkah up, and we went to the gym. When I got home, David put the carseats in his car, so that he could take my car back to the shop the next day. Ugh. We went to bed after that.

Friday: The kids slept later than expected, which was really nice, but I was planning on going to a consignment sale that morning, and we got a later start than I had hoped. We got ready and left the house by around 9. The sale was BIG. I got some good stuff for the kids' fall wardrobes. For once, I got more for Jude than I did for Aubrey. I saw Sarah Denley and Rebekkah there as well as some other friends from church. Jude was pretty fussy in the stroller. I had to keep a steady stream of goldfish headed his way ;) By the time we left, he was pretty unhappy. We had plans to meet SD and her kids for lunch, and we were running a few minutes late (the checkout line took FOREVER). Thankfully, she was running late too ;) We had a fun lunch, although Jude was pretty fussy the whole time. We finally had to call it a day and head home. When we got home, I got both kids to bed, and they both actually slept! I was so thankful, because I was sleepy and had a headache. I took a nap, too, and I felt much better when we all got up. Jude was still not real happy, but he seemed better than he had been that afternoon. When David got home, we talked and played with the kids for a little while, and then we went to dinner. We ate at a little Greek place, and Jude LOST it in the middle of dinner. He put an entire lemon slice in his mouth and was just furious when I took it out. He would NOT calm down, and David ended up having to walk outside with him because we were causing a scene. I scarfed my dinner real quick, and David came back in. Jude was still fussy, so I took Jude and Aubrey outside while David scarfed his dinner. Haha! Jude was the most happy he had been all day outside. It was early, and the weather was SO nice, so we went to a park. The kids enjoyed it, and we stayed until it was getting close to bedtime. Jude fussed on the way home, and I was pretty sure by that point that he had an ear infection. We put the kids to bed, and then David and I watched the third Bourne movie. It was late when it went off, so we went to bed. Jude woke up in the night with fever :(

Saturday: Jude still had fever when he got up that morning, so I called the after-hours clinic and got him an appointment. Thankfully, our regular pediatrician was the doctor on-call. I got ready quickly, and then Jude and I headed to the doctor. David and Aubrey stayed home to play and mow the backyard :) Jude was NOT a happy camper at the doctor's office. He cried off and on while we were waiting. Poor guy :( He did have a double ear infection, so we got a prescription for an antibiotic. I drove through Wendy's on the way home (I was starving, so I even ate in the car - haha), and then dropped Jude off at home so that he could eat lunch. I went back to get his medicine. We gave him a dose when I got home and put him to bed. He took a good nap that afternoon, and I was glad about that. David was watching the Auburn game, so Aubrey and I went shopping. She needed new church shoes that weren't white, and she had outgrown her white ones anyway. We ended up having to go to THREE stores just to find the shoes I wanted in her size. Ughh. I was determined to have them before church the next day, and we did finally find them after driving all over town. She wears a size nine now. The shoes just seem SO BIG. When we got home, Jude was still sleeping, and Aubrey had fallen asleep in the car. I opened the door for her to get a breeze (the weather was really nice) and David stayed out there with her so that she could sleep for a little while. She didn't sleep for long, but she got a little catnap :) Jude seemed to be feeling better after just one dose of his medicine, so we were really glad to see that. We ate Chinese for dinner that night, and then we went to Kroger. When we got home and put the kids to bed, David and I watched Taken. We've gotten on a movie kick lately. Haha. After the movie, we went to bed.

No comments: