Monday, May 30, 2011

Week in Review: Preparing for Company

Once again, this post is coming to you super late. We had a busy weekend - we went to a wedding Saturday night, and then we had an overnight guest Sunday night, so this is the first chance I've had to sit down and post. So you'll have to forgive me again :) Our week was good, and it was productive since we knew we would be having company. We always get the most done when we know people are coming over! Ha.

We went to church and Sunday School, and then went to my grandmother's house with my family to eat lunch. That was fun, and we enjoyed visiting! The kids were getting tired after lunch, so we came home for naps. They both slept, but it took Jude forever to fall asleep (that's usually what happens if he doesn't get a morning nap), and we had to wake him up to go to night church :( We tried very hard to get to church on time since we've been having SUCH a hard time getting to night church on time. We did better than we have in a while! :) After church, we stood around talking for a while, and then we left and went to Scholtzsky's for dinner. When we got home, we put Aubrey and Jude to bed, and then I watched some TV and played around on the internet for a while before bed.

We had a pretty boring day at home. Aubrey did sleep a little later than she has been (7:30), so that was a nice way to start a Monday. We hung out at home, and I tried to get some stuff done around the house. I feel like Mondays should be extremely productive days, because we don't usually have anything big planned, but for some reason, it's so hard for me to get going and get a lot done on Mondays. I did do a few loads of laundry and I cleaned up our closet. I knew David had REALLY been wanting me to do that, so I made myself do it. I don't really care if closets are messy as long as you can shut the door, but David likes for them to be organized. Since we share a closet, I TRY to keep my stuff put away, but it had gotten pretty terrible. It didn't take me too long to do it once I got started, and David was very happy to see a clean closet when he got home :) Meanwhile, Aubrey and Jude played, and Jude took a good morning nap. I fixed lunch for Aubrey, and then she played some more until naptime. She went to sleep easily and took a good nap. Jude was awake during her nap (of course), but I managed to take a shower and get ready. I also made a grocery list and tried to get Jude to take a nap. He wasn't really having it, so when Aubrey work up, we went to the grocery store. It was about 5:30 when we got there, and it was CROWDED. I think I'll try to stick to going to the grocery store in the morning from now on. When we got home, I unloaded all the groceries and put them away. Then I cooked vegetable spaghetti for dinner while the kids played on the floor in the kitchen. Aubrey and I ate dinner, and I fed Jude. Then we watched Dancing with the Stars and waited for David to get home from karate. I put Jude to bed and then got ready to go to the gym. When David got home, I left to go get Rebekkah, and we went to workout. David and I talked for a while when I got home, and then I pumped and went to bed.

Aubrey was up EARLY. I don't get her out of bed until 7, and she was NOT happy when I told her it wasn't time to get up yet and made her stay in bed. I got her up at 7 and gave her breakfast and started a movie for her while I got ready for Bible Study. Jude ended up sleeping late, which made getting ready easier. When he got up, I fed him and we loaded up and went to church.
Aubrey's hair was in pigtails, and it looked SO cute, but she wouldn't really pose for a good picture.

We had a small crowd in Bible Study that day, but it was good. After it was over, Rebekkah and I and another friend and her kids went to Jason's Deli for lunch. That was fun, but it was super crowded! We stayed and talked for a while and then came home for naps. Aubrey took a good nap, but it took FOREVER to get Jude to sleep. Once again, he had missed his morning nap. I spent pretty much ALL afternoon trying to get him to go to sleep. I went up to his room multiple times and rocked him/gave him his pacifier. I even brought him downstairs for a while and let him play and then tried again. He wasn't crying; he was just talking and playing and then fussing. He FINALLY went to sleep right as Aubrey woke up. Unfortunately, she woke up in a horrible mood. She was just crying and screaming, and, after spending the whole afternoon trying to get Jude to sleep, I was having a hard time being patient. I was SO happy to see David walk through the door! It took a while, but Aubrey finally perked up. When Jude woke up, David and the kids went outside for a while, and I started dinner. David grilled some hamburgers, and I fixed sweet potato fries. Yum! After we ate, David and the kids went outside again, and I watched the Dancing with the Stars finale. By the time it was over, it was bedtime for the babies. We bathed both of them since they were filthy after playing outside and then got them to sleep, and David watched some basketball, and I got on the internet.

Wednesday: We had another lazy day at home. Aubrey woke up EARLY, but thankfully David got her up and she hung out with him until he had to get in the shower for work. So I got to sleep until 7:30. The kids and I just hung around the house all day. I folded some laundry and cleaned up my bedroom. Then I put Jude down for a nap, and he slept for a good chunk of time. I cooked some lunch for myself and Aubrey (fish and sauteed spinach), and we ate. Then I cooked some muffins for Aubrey to have for breakfast. When Jude woke up, I fed him lunch, and then I put Aubrey in bed for her nap. I took a shower and got dressed, and then I hung some clean clothes up while Jude played. I put him down for a nap that afternoon, and he went to sleep easily. It's so much nicer when he gets a morning nap, because that makes the afternoon nap SO much easier. I put on some makeup, and then Aubrey woke up. She was in an ok mood until I had to put her down to finish getting ready for church. She just wanted me to hold her and was NOT happy that I could not just sit with her. David got home shortly after that, and he was able to distract her. We all got ready for church and got there in time for dinner. We ate and then just hung out talking after supper. We stayed for a good while, and then we came home. I put Jude to bed while David put Aubrey to bed, and then I watched the end of the American Idol finale. We went to bed fairly early that night.

Aubrey slept until 8:00!!! That's the latest she has slept in FOREVER, and it was awesome! I was slightly worried about her when I woke up at 7:30, but not worried enough to keep me from dozing back off for 30 more minutes. Ha! I fixed her breakfast when she was up and then got dressed. Jude woke up at about 8:40, and I fed him and then got the kids dressed. I dropped them off at my parents' house and went to the gym. I ran on the treadmill for a while and had a good workout. Rebekkah was out of town, and I didn't want to go to the gym by myself at night, so it worked out well to just go that morning while my parents could watch the kids. When I got back to my parents' house, we talked for a while, and then the kids and I came home. Aubrey played and I fed Jude his lunch. Then I put Aubrey down for a nap, and attempted to put Jude down. You can probably guess what happened... it took him forever to go to sleep since he skipped his morning nap. While he talked and played in his bed, I did a load of laundry and cleaned our living room windows. I also put toys away and made up my bed. Jude FINALLY went to sleep, so I took a shower and got dressed. I got on the internet for a little while, and Aubrey woke up. She had slept for over 3 hours! I let her watch Cinderella when she woke up, so she was in a great mood :) I ended up waking Jude up at 6 because I didn't want him to not be tired that night. I cooked dinner, and David got home around 6:30. We ate dinner and then cleaned up the kitchen. We had a good evening just hanging out together. David fixed the toilet in our guest bedroom, and then we all went in Jude's room and hung some clothes up, and David put the pack n play away. It had been in Jude's bedroom floor since we got home from the beach. We then put the kids to bed, and David watched basketball while I read blogs.

The kids slept a little later, which was much appreciated! When we got up and going, we ate breakfast and got ready to go to Sarah Denley's house for lunch.
The kids and I ran in Corner Bakery and picked up lunch for all of us, and then we headed to SD's. We had a really fun lunch, and we were able to talk for much longer while the girls entertained themselves and played. They played really well together that day. No major fights broke out ;) We ended up staying for a long time, and by the time we left, Jude was exhausted. Poor baby fell asleep as soon as I put him in his carseat. Of course, I knew that meant nap time would be rough when we got home. I put Aubrey down first and then attempted to get Jude down. Aubrey never went to sleep, but Jude thankfully did. David got home from work early, and I just gave up on a nap for Aubrey and got her up. We just hung out that afternoon, and then Jude woke up and we got ready to go get some dinner. We met my mom and one of my brothers at a Mexican restaurant. We had a fun dinner, and after it was over, we went to Belk to get a wedding gift. We then parted ways with my mom and brother and went to Target. When we got home, we put the kids to bed and worked a little in our guest bedroom because we were having a guest Sunday night. We went to bed after we felt like we had gotten enough work done.

Saturday: We spent the day at home getting things done around the house. We cleaned the guest bathroom and hung a shower curtain. We have never really used that room, so we just needed to get it ready for someone to stay there. We also changed out the bedspread on the bed. The room still isn't beautiful, but we got it looking ok :) When Jude went down for his nap, Aubrey and I drove through Chick Fil A to pick up some lunch. David took a nap while we were gone, because he got up early with the kids that morning. He was still napping when we got home, so Aubrey and I tried to be quiet so we wouldn't disturb him. After we ate, I swept and did some cleaning around the house. David and Jude got up a little later, and then it was time for Aubrey's nap. David hung a few things on the wall while she was sleeping, and I took care of Jude.
Jude enjoyed some [VERY closely supervised] playtime with a balloon :)

I took a shower and started getting ready for a wedding we were going to that night, and we tried to get Jude to take a nap. He wouldn't go to sleep for some reason :( David got ready for the wedding, too, and my grandparents and brothers came over to watch the kids for us. My parents were going to the wedding also, so we rode together. One of my friends from WAY back was getting married, and I was so happy to be able to go to her wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding! We went to the reception after the ceremony, and there was good food and fun music :) We stayed for a while, and then we knew we needed to get home to put the kids to bed. We did stop at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Target on our way home. Jude was SO tired when we got home since he had skipped his afternoon nap. I fed him and put him right to bed. My grandparents said the kids were sweet and they had fun. After everyone left, we put Aubrey to bed, and then David went to the grocery store for me. While he was gone, I put a new mattress topper on our bed that we got at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and put our old topper on the guest bedroom bed. When David got home, we unloaded the groceries and went to bed.

We've already started this new week, and it's been fun so far! We spent the day at my parents' house for a cookout today, and the kids played HARD and were exhausted when we got home. Hopefully we'll all sleep good tonight!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I always say that I need to have people over more because that's when the house gets the most work. It apparently is the same with my car. I did some good cleaning out recently before a friend rode with me! I seem to accumulate so much in there these days.