Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week in Review: Getting Back into the Swing of Things!

It seems like it's been FOREVER since I've done a Week in Review post! I'm a little late with this one, but that's nothing new! :) Last week was good, but I feel like we spent the first part of the week recovering from our beach trip. Traveling with children is a lot more tiring, and I felt like I needed a vacation when we got home! Ha! Plus, there was a lot of laundry to get done. We are officially back in the swing of things now, thankfully! :)

Sunday: This was Mother's Day, and it was a great day! We went to church, as usual, and then Sunday School. After that, we went to my parents' house for lunch. There were a lot of people there, and it was a fun afternoon!
Aubrey had a blast playing in the doghouse. Ewww!
Jude and "Bop Bop" (My dad).

We ended up staying over there all afternoon, so that meant we didn't get our Sunday afternoon naps. Thankfully, my aunt got Jude to sleep, and he slept for a long time in his carseat. We left my parents', went home, changed clothes, and went right back to church. Night church was good, but we were all tired after a long day, so we came straight home and put the kids to bed. David and I hung out and killed a little time before going to bed ourselves.

Monday: The only thing on the agenda for the day was going to the grocery store. This was absolutely necessary, because I hadn't been since before we went to the beach, and we literally had NOTHING to eat. Aubrey woke up early, and we watched a movie until Jude woke up. As soon as he was up, we got dressed and went to Kroger. We got lots of groceries and heaed back home. I put the groceries away and put Jude down for a nap. Then I fixed lunch for Aubrey and me. Jude woke up shortly after lunch, and then it was time for Aubrey to go down. I put some food in the crockpot for dinner while Aubrey is sleeping and then I played with Jude and fed him solids.
Jude has the "pouty face" DOWN PAT. He sticks his lip out, and his chin quivers. I think it's totally fake because he never cries when he does it. Hilarious!

Jude went down for a nap right about the time Aubrey got up. He didn't take a very good nap, so we left to go meet my mom at Target. David was at karate that night, so my mom came over to our house to hang out for a while after we finished at Target. We ate dinner and watched Dancing with the Stars. I put Jude down to bed early since he didn't take a good afternoon nap. My mom left after I got Jude down. Jude had a hard time going to sleep. He cried for a little while, and I kept going to check on him, but I couldn't do a lot with Aubrey downstairs by herself. Finally David got home, and I went upstairs and rocked Jude to sleep. David put Aubrey to bed, and then he ate dinner and we talked. I watched some TV and read some of my book club book before going to bed.

Tuesday: The kids were up bright and early again and Jude had been up in the night. I'm going to need to start going to bed earlier! We got ready and went to Bible Study. I enjoyed it, as always :) I was pretty sleepy, though! We came straight home after it was over, and ate lunch. Then I put Jude down for his nap and let Aubrey play for a little while. I then put her down, and laid on the couch. I was hoping Jude would take a good nap so that I could rest for a little while, and he ended up sleeping for 2 more hours! I was able to get a good nap, and I felt much better when I woke up :) Aubrey woke up not too long after Jude, and we played and I straightened up. When David got home, I fixed some dinner for them, and Rebekkah came and picked me up for Bunco. We met my mom and we all rode together. It was so fun! I didn't win anything (OF COURSE), but I just have so much fun talking and playing :) We got home late, and I talked to David for a little while and went to bed.

Wednesday: Aubrey was up BRIGHT and EARLY. Jude was actually up before her, but I fed him and put him back in bed, and he actually went back to sleep until 9! :) We were supposed to have Jude's pictures made that morning, but our photographer called and needed to reschedule becasue she had poison ivy. After she called and I realized that we didn't have to be anywhere, I put a movie in for Aubrey and laid on the couch with her and dozed :) It was NICE! (Jude was still alseep.) After Jude woke up, we got moving. I was kind of at a loss as to what to do that day since our pictures had been rescheduled. I was kind of bored (even though there was plenty of housework I could have been doing -- haha!), so I decide to rearrange the living room furniture! It was kind of hard doing it with bothk ids awake and underfoot, but I got it into a different position. I wasn't sure that I loved it, but I left it to live with it and think about for a few days. I fixed lunch for Aubrey and put Jude down for a nap. He slept for a while, and I did some straightening up from all the rearranging. Jude woke up, and Aubrey went down. I took a shower and got ready for church that night. I put Jude down for another nap, and Aubrey woke up right after that. When David got home, I finished getting ready, and then we went to church. We ate dinner there and then my family had somewhere to go, so I taught my mom's class for her. The kids were funny and very entertaining :) After we got home from church, we put the children to bed, and hung out for a while before bed.

Thursday: We were up bright and early again. We were meeting Sarah Denley, Ann Peyton, and Graves for lunch, so I started getting ready. I put Jude down for a nap hoping he would go to sleep easily and get a good nap before we had to leave for lunch. It took him forever to go to sleep, though. He finally fell asleep, but he didn't sleep very long. I was able to get myself and Aubrey ready while he was in bed. We met at Beagle Bagel, and I'd say our first lunch out with FOUR kids was a success! :) Aubrey had been wearing panties all week, and she had her first accident in public while we were at lunch. She seemed embarrassed, so I downplayed it, and it wasn't a big deal. After lunch, we came home and I put the kids down for naps. I ended up rearranging the furniture again that afternoon, and I found an arrangement that I like better than the original one. That took a while, and by the time I finished, naptime was about over. Aubrey watched a movie when she woke up, and I fed Jude.
We just hung out after that waiting for David to get home. When he let me know he was on his way home, I started cooking dinner. We ate shortly after he got home, and then he played with the kids and we just had a nice evening at home. I was planning on going to the gym again after dinner, but I was full from dinner and tired, so I didn't go. It's hard to get motivated to go by yourself! (Rebekkah was sick all week.) We put the kids to bed, and I read and we just took it easy.

Friday: We were up early again and I immediately started getting ready to go have Jude's pictures made. Of course he woke up SO early that day (6:30), so I was worried about how the pictures would go since he would be tired. We managed to get to the photographer's house on time, and the pictures went well. Jude was tired, but we managed to get some smiles out of him :) I'll post the link tomorrow. After we were finished with that, we drove through Chick Fil A to get lunch and then came back home.
Jude went down for a nap and slept for a while. Then Jude woke up and Aubrey took a nap. While she was sleeping, I did some cleaning up and fed Jude and played with him. I put him down for a nap late that afternoon, and Aubrey woke up. I changed clothes and got ready because I had wedding rehearsal to go to that night. David was going to a men's crawfish boil at our church, so we rode together. My mom came over to keep the kids for us.
The rehearsal went well. Rebekkah is the Wedding Coordinator for our church, and I'm her assistant, so that's why I had to be there -- I wasn't in a wedding :) After it was over, David and I left and went on a date! We ate dinner at a Italian place. (David had saved some room for a second dinner -- haha.) It was so fun! I love date nights! We walked around an outdoor mall after dinner and just talked. By then, it was getting late, so we headed home. Aubrey was STILL awake when we got home. My mom said she had been in her bed for a while, but she just did not want to go to sleep. David went up and talked to her, and she FINALLY went to sleep. It was way past her bedtime, though. David and I ended up staying up way past our bedtime too!

Saturday: David got up with the kids and let me sleep in. He's the best! They came and woke me up at 9, and David went out to mow the lawn. I just played and hung out with the kids while he was outside. When he came back in, I took a shower and got ready for the wedding. David kept the kids while I went to church to help with the wedding. It was a sweet wedding, and everything went great. Rebekkah and I cleaned up a little bit and went to the reception for a minute, and then I came home. The kids were both waking up when I got home. Jude took a short nap :( We got ready and went to make several returns. After running lots of errands, we ate dinner at Cheddars and then went to Kroger. By the time we got home, poor Jude was sacked out in his carseat. I got him ready for bed, fed him, and put him down, and David got Aubrey in bed. I read some and got on the internet that evening before going to bed.

No comments: