Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week in Review: Easter Week

We had another good week! I spent more time at home than I usually do, but that is sometimes good because I get more done around the house and Jude takes better naps :) We had an extra night at home because Wednesday night church was canceled since we were having church on Thursday night for Maundy Thursday. More family time at night is ALWAYS a good thing around here! :)

Sunday: We got up and got ready for church and Sunday School. That was good, and, when we got home, we had tilapia for lunch. I was going to a meeting at church that afternoon, so I set my alarm for 3:30 so that I could leave at 4. David came into our room at 3:57 and said, "Weren't you supposed to leave at 4?" (I was still asleep!) Oops!! Apparently I had turned the alarm off instead of hitting snooze :/ I threw some clothes on and rushed out the door, and I was only a few minutes late. It was a Children's Ministry Team meeting that I was going to, and I think it went well. David and the kids came in a separate car so they wouldn't have to be there so early. Evening church was good, and David and the kids and I went to dinner at Newks after it was over. We put the kids to bed when we got home, and I watched some TV and read some of my book club book before bed.

Monday: This was a VERY uneventful day. We stayed home in our pajamas most of the day. Jude woke up earlier than I would have liked. We had a fairly lazy morning, but I did get a good bit of laundry washed and folded. The kids both took good naps, but they didn't overlap much, so that always makes it a little more difficult to get anything done. While they briefly both slept, I did my Bible Study homework for the next day and took a shower. I also read some more of my book club book and blogged that afternoon. David had a meeting at church that evening, so the kids and I were on our own. I was wanting to get out of the house, so we loaded up and went to Sonic to get a drink. When we got home, I cooked upside down pizza for us to eat for dinner, and then we just hung out and watched some Dancing with the Stars. I put Jude to bed and was about to get Aubrey ready for bed when David let me know he was on his way home. I decided to let Aubrey stay up so that she could see David. Since he was getting home a little earlier than I had expected, Rebekkah and I decided to go to the gym. So I changed into my workout clothes, and went to workout when David got home. We had a good workout and I pretty much went right to bed when I got home.

Tuesday: Jude was up early again -- if it's not one child getting up at the crack of dawn, it's the other! I got ready for Bible Study, and we even managed to get there early! We were the first ones there. Amazing. Bible Study was good, and the kids had a fun time at church. Jude slept in the nursery the WHOLE time, and Aubrey played with my dad, who got her out of the nursery. When we got home, I fed the kids lunch and then it was time for Aubrey's nap. I put some chicken in the crockpot and straightened up around the house once she was asleep. Then it was time for Jude to go down for a nap. I read some more of my book, and then Aubrey woke up. She woke up too early and was a grump. Nothing made her happy, so I finally sat her in a chair in my room and told her to stay there until she was ready to be sweet. She sat there screaming and throwing a fit while I folded a whole load of clothes and ignored her. She finally just snapped out of it and got out of the chair and was totally fine after that. Such drama! :) When David got home, we all hung out together for a while.
We looked over at Aubrey and saw her sitting like this. When we asked her what she was doing, she said she was "giving Belle some milk." Haha!!

David and the kids went outside and I cooked poppyseed chicken for dinner. They came in and we ate, and then we all went on a long walk around our neighborhood. When we got home, I put Jude to bed and then went to Target while David put Aubrey to bed. Jude was completely OUT of diapers, so I had to make an emergency Target run ;) When I got home, I got on the internet for a little while and then went to bed.

Wednesday: Jude was up at 6:30, but he was just talking and playing in his bed, so I left him. At around 7 he started getting fussy, so David went and gave him his paci, and he went back to sleep until 9! I couldn't believe it! Of course, Aubrey was up at 7:45, but that was much better than 6:30 :) Aubrey and I watched a movie and laid around until Jude got up, and then I got busy getting stuff done around the house. I cleaned the bathrooms and did some laundry. Jude went down for a nap around lunchtime, and Aubrey and I ate while he napped. He then woke up right as it was time for Aubrey to go down, so I put her in bed and fed Jude lunch. Aubrey was talking and playing, but she was fairly quiet, so it was ok. I took a shower and got dressed and then bathed Jude. By this point it was time for Jude to take another nap, so I got Aubrey up since she was obviously not going to go to sleep, and I didn't want her talking to keep Jude from sleeping. So, we came downstairs, and I swept and dusted and then put Aubrey in the tub. She played and I sat in the bathroom with her and finished my book club book and got on the internet. When I got her out of the tub, I watched some Food Network, and then Jude woke up and David got home. We went outside for a little while. We were going to eat leftovers for dinner, but I really wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Mazzios instead. After dinner, we ran to Target to get diapers for Aubrey. I had thought we were done buying diapers for her, but she has been sleeping in pull-ups, and they leak every night. I was going to just get overnight pull-ups, but they were much more expensive, so I just got another box of diapers for her to sleep in. We put the kids to bed when we got home, and then Rebekkah and I went to the gym. When I got home, it was late, so we went to bed.

Thursday: Jude was up early, so I put him in the bed with me, and we talked and dozed until Aubrey woke up. We ate breakfast and watched Snow White (we had gotten it the night before at Target). We then put our bathing suits on because Rebekkah and Carver were coming over to play in our little pool in the backyard. Still hoping to get sun for the beach! I put Jude down for a nap, and then they got here. It was pretty overcast, so we decided to work on some invitations we were doing for a little party our Bible Study is doing and then hopefully the sun would be out and we could go outside. Well, the longer we worked on the invitations, the darker it got outside :( By the time we were ready to go out, it was pretty black, and it started pouring rain. So no laying out that day! We decided to just pick up lunch instead. Rebekkah went to grab lunch for us while I stayed home with the kids. We ate and talked and then it was naptime, so Rebekkah and Carver headed home. I put Aubrey down for her nap and then fed Jude his baby food. Then I took a shower and played with Jude for a while before his naptime. Aubrey woke up shortly after that, and I put her in the bathtub. I was in the bathroom putting my makeup on while she played in the bath. I got her out and was curling my hair when I glanced down on the floor and saw a small SNAKE!!! I screamed and freaked out and scared poor Aubrey to death. I jumped over the snake and grabbed Aubrey and ran into the kitchen. Aubrey was literally shaking. Bless her heart! I felt so bad for scaring her so much, but I was pretty terrified myself. I called David, but there wasn't much he could do, because we were supposed to meet him at church, and he wasn't coming home. I ended up just putting my hair in a ponytail (since it was half curled) and running into my room, grabbing clothes, and getting dressed in the living room. Haha! The kids and I got ready and got out of there as fast as we could! We went to church for our Maundy Thursday service. When it was over, we helped stuff some eggs for our church Easter egg hunt on Saturday. Then we went to dinner with my family and the Arants. That was super fun :) It was WAY past the kids' bedtimes when we got home, but David went into our room and looked everywhere for that snake, but there was not a trace of it. Ughhh! I was worried that was going to happen :( We got the kids in bed and and then got ready for bed. I seriously considered sleeping in the guest bedroom, but honestly, that snake could have been anywhere in my house at that point. I definitely slept with a pair of shoes by the bed!

Friday: David was off work for Good Friday, so he got up when Aubrey and Jude woke up at 8:30. (I was shocked that they slept that late! Jude had been up a lot in the night, so I guess he was tired.) I ended up falling back asleep until 9:45! I haven't slept that late in ages, and it was SO nice!! David had taken the kids to run some errands, and the house was so quiet when I woke up. I went outside and read a book and tried to get some sun. When David and the kids got home, Jude was asleep in his carseat, but I knew he needed to eat, so I got him out to feed him. David and Aubrey watched Aladdin (my mom gave us their old VHS -- this was Aubrey's first time to watch Aladdin, and she was pretty excited! :), and I took a shower and got ready. I ate lunch and then gave Jude his baby food before I put him down for a nap. When he was asleep, I went to look for a bathing suit. I ordered one off of ebay, and when it came in, it didn't work :( So now, I'm a week away from going to the beach and still looking for a bathing suit! I bought a couple to bring home and decide between. I also went to a shoe store and got some new socks for Aubrey and Jude for Easter. When I got home, both kids were asleep. I showed David my bathing suits, and then Aubrey woke up. When Jude woke up, I gave him a bath. We got the kids dressed and ready and then went to meet my parents to get my brothers. My parents were going out to dinner with some friends, so my brothers were eating and hanging out with us. We ate dinner at Sweet Peppers and then walked around the outdoor the mall for a while. The weather was SO nice! When Jude was about to fall asleep sitting up in his stroller, we figured we probably ought to head home ;-) I put Jude to bed while Aubrey played with my brothers. Then David took Aubrey up to bed, and she insisted on having my brothers come up to help put her to bed, too. So sweet! My mom got to our house right after we got Aubrey in bed to pick up my brothers. Aubrey ended up talking FOREVER before going to sleep. I got on the internet and watched some TV and then went to bed.

Saturday: My alarm went off before either child was awake -- that's rare! We had our church Easter egg hunt today, and I was going a little early to help setup. I got ready and laid out clothes for the children, and then I left. Aubrey was still asleep when I left at 8:45 -- staying up so late the night before wore her out! The Easter egg hunt was at a family's house who go to our church, and it was great! We had a bouncy house and the egg hunt and pizza for lunch. David did a great job of getting the kids ready and getting them there :) Aubrey had so much fun at her first Easter egg hunt, and I think she had eaten all the candy out of her eggs before the pizza even got there! Haha. Jude was a little trooper considering it was right in the middle of his naptime. He's SO sweet! I'll post more pictures from the Easter egg hunt later. When we got home, I fed Jude lunch and Aubrey played a little while and then both of them went down for naps. They both took a little while to fall asleep, but they finally did. While they slept, I went and got a pedicure. I haven't had one in FOREVER, and it was so nice! :) When I got home, Jude was awake, and David was watching basketball, so I just hung out with them. David went outside to do a little yard work, and then Aubrey woke up. We got ready and went to dinner at Red Lobster. After dinner, I ran in Target to get baby food, and then we headed home. I put Jude to bed, and now David is putting Aubrey to bed. I'm about to get the kids' Easter outfits ironed and ready for tomorrow, because we have to be at church on time since we are keeping the nursery tomorrow. I'm a little sad to be in the nursery on Easter, but keeping the sweet babies is always fun :)

This next week is going to be spent getting ready to go to the BEACH!! David and I have been talking about everything we need to take for the kids, and WOW! We might need to rent a U-Haul to get there and back! Ha!


Sarah Denley said...

1. So if you're going to the beach in a week, I have to see you before then!

2. This post sounds like one of mine- mentioning every bath and swishing of the toilets. Ha!

3. I LOVE Aubrey's Easter egg hunt outfit. So cute!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. I would love to be able to sit in the sun, but all we have had is rain. So was the snake ever found?