Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week in Review: Reading, Reading, Reading

I feel like I've kind of fallen off the face of the blogging earth. I am SO late with this post that it seems crazy to even post it, but I want to remember all of our weeks, so I'm posting it anyway :-) I've just been so busy reading the past couple of days. I have book club tonight, and I'm facilitating this time. The book we are reading is good, but it's turned out to be a slow read. I am usually a really fast reader, but this book has taken me weeks to get through. I'm still not completely finished, but I'll definitely be able to finish it in time. Talk about cutting it close, though. Anyway! I really am going to try hard to post some pictures of projects that I've been working on around the house lately (Jude's room!) this week. I also didn't take many pictures at all this week, so this is a boring, pictureless post!

Sunday: For some unknown reason, Jude had a TERRIBLE night. He was up at 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, and then again at 2. At that point, I just put him in the bed with us because I knew we had church that morning and needed to get some sleep. That didn't really work either, though. He was up again at 3 and just seemed wide awake. He was "talking" and just would not sleep. I even tried feeding him, but he didn't seem hungry. He hadn't taken a nap all afternoon the day before, so I think he was overtired. That's the only thing I can imagine. David decided to move to the couch at 3:30 - we figured there was no point in both of us being up all night. I held Jude for a while after David left, and he went to sleep, so I laid him down beside me, and he ended up sleeping fine the rest of the night. Poor David got the short end of the stick. Right after he left, Aubrey cried out. I turned the monitor off because I was trying to get Jude to sleep, and I knew David would check on her. Apparently she was up about 6 times from 4-7. So weird, and I have no idea what was going on with our kids that night! So, needless to say, we were pretty tired when it was time to get up that morning. We got ready and went to church and Sunday School. Once again, I taught the 2 year old Sunday School class. That went fine, and Aubrey was better behaved this time than she was last week ;-) After church, we came home and ate lunch. Then David put Aubrey down for a nap, and Jude and I took a nice long nap. We needed it! We went back to church that night, and then just came home. We fed the kids dinner and watched some TV before going to bed.

Monday: Aubrey was up early (that's the new normal), and I got dressed because I was keeping Carver for Rebekkah for a little while that morning. Aubrey was excited to have her friend over to play! He was super sweet, and he and Aubrey got along really well. Jude slept for a good bit of the time that Carver was here, but when he woke up, I got to see what three kids would be like! :-) It wasn't bad at all! Rebekkah came and picked Carver up, and then the kids and I got ready. There was a consignment sale that I wanted to go to. It was right in the middle of Jude's nap time, so I was worried he would be fussy in his stroller. So I ended up taking him to David's office while Aubrey and I ran to the sale. David said Jude was no trouble, and he was still able to work while Jude just hung out ;-) Aubrey wasn't so great. I thought taking just her would be easy because I could just use the umbrella stroller, and she likes to shop. She was just not very pleasant. She wanted to go that way, she wanted to get out, she wanted to go this way, she wanted to move... Ugh. I did manage to find a few things, but I probably could have found a few more if she hadn't required so much of my attention. Haha. We saw Sarah Denley there, so that was fun. We went and picked Jude up when we left, and I fed him at David's office before heading home. We had to run in Kroger on the way home, and when we got home, it was past lunchtime. I gave Aubrey lunch and then put her down for a nap. Jude stayed up for a little while because he had gotten a catnap in the car. I was taking dinner at a family who had a baby that night, so I worked on cooking a few things. Then I put Jude down, and he went to sleep! I was so happy about that, because usually when he misses his morning nap, he doesn't take a good afternoon nap, either. I was able to finish cooking and get a lot done while both of the kids slept. Aubrey woke up first and I gave her a snack. My mom came over to ride with us to deliver the meal. Jude was still sleeping, and I was starting to worry about him - he had been sleeping a LONG time for him. I went and checked on him, and he kind of woke up, which was fine because I needed to feed him before we left to deliver the meal anyway. We took the food to our friends and then came back home. My mom fed Jude his solids when we got home while I fixed some dinner for Aubrey. Then my mom left and I gave Aubrey a bath. I read my book club book in the bathroom while Aubrey played in the bathtub and Jude sat in his bouncy seat. Shortly after Aubrey got out of the bath, David got home from karate. We talked for a while and then we put the kids to bed. I then ran over to Rebekkah's house to pick something up and stayed and talked for a little while. When I got home, David ate dinner and we talked. I got on the internet and read some more of my book, and then went to bed.

Tuesday: We got up early and went to Bible Study. We were doing a service project that day, so we put together candy bars and cokes with ribbon and then delivered them to a local elementary school for the teachers. That was fun, and they were SO appreciative! :-) When we got back to church, I got the kids and headed home. We didn't stay for lunch because I was hoping for naps! Aubrey and Jude did both end up napping, amazingly! David had a meeting at church that night, so he was only able to come home for a little while after work. We were happy to see him briefly but sad to see him go. The kids and I went to Hobby Lobby and then to Chick Fil A for dinner. They were both really good, and we had fun. The Chick Fil A cow was there walking around to each table saying hey, and Aubrey liked him as long as he didn't get too close. They asked her if she wanted to give him a hug. She did NOT. Haha! When we got home, Aubrey played for a little while, and then it was bedtime. Getting both kids to bed by myself isn't the easiest. Jude cried the whole time I was doing Aubrey's bedtime routine :( Poor guy. Thankfully, they both went to sleep easily, and then I enjoyed the quiet by reading some of my book club book and watching some TV. When David got home, we talked and went to bed late.

Wednesday: The night before, when I was putting Aubrey to bed, I noticed that she was warm, and, sure enough, she had fever. So, that meant we were in for a low-key day at home. We were supposed to have lunch with Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton, and I was sad to have to cancel. Aubrey acted like she felt fine all day in spite of the fever. We just hung out at home all day. I got a few things done, but it wasn't an overly productive day. While Aubrey and Jude were napping, I did practice taking pictures. I really want to start using my camera on Auto Mode less, and I'm reading some tutorials online. Most of it is completely over my head, and I have a LONG way to go ;-) When David got home from work, we decided that he would stay home with Aubrey and Jude and I would go to church. I was happy to get out of the house, and I enjoyed talking and visiting with people at church. We ended up staying pretty late, so by the time we got home, David was about to put Aubrey to bed. She didn't have fever anymore, so I guess it was just one of those short fever viruses. She got several of those last spring. I put Jude to bed and then read some of by book club book. It felt like I was reading and reading but not making a dent. Haha!

Thursday: Since Aubrey had been fever free for a good while the day before, we got up and got ready to go to a consignment sale. We met Rebekkah and Sarah Denley there, and it was fun! There was a TON of stuff, though, and it wasn't real easy getting the double stroller around. Plus, Jude was pretty fussy because he was missing his morning nap. I gave him my phone to play with, and he loved that. Unfortunately, the phone didn't love all the slobber, and it ended up dying for a while. Oops! Thankfully, it did recover that afternoon ;-) I found a lot of stuff at the sale, but when I was going through it trying to decide what to buy, BOTH kids were having meltdowns. Ughh. Kind of stressful. I got 9 things though, and they were all GREAT prices. After we left the sale, Rebekkah and I went to lunch at Mellow Mushroom. It was fun, and Jude fell asleep in the car on the way there and slept almost the whole lunch. That meant he didn't want to nap when we got home, but that was ok. Aubrey took a good nap, and Jude ended up going down for a nap as soon as she woke up. That's the way it usually goes these days. The kids and I weren't going to karate that night, and David was going to dinner after karate, so he would be getting home late again. I cooked spaghetti for our dinner, and we ate and then just stayed home. We played and I read and watched some American Idol. I got both kids to bed, and then read some more. When David got home, we talked and went to bed.

Friday: Jude had a pretty rough night, and he woke up with a runny nose. I think it was allergies, because he was sneezing, and his eyes were red. He didn't have fever. We got ready and went over to Rebekkah's house. The kids played and Rebekkah and I planned out the details of our upcoming trip to the beach! We have begun the official countdown, and I cannot wait to go! Planning got me even more excited! :-) When we left there, we went to meet Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch at Newk's. We would have been on time, but I forgot food for Jude, so I had to run home and get some. Then he ended up sleeping most of the lunch and not really needing the food. Oh well. We had fun visiting, but the girls were kind of restless and cut our lunch a little short. Haha. When we got home, Aubrey went down for a nap, but Jude fought his nap all afternoon. He would not give it up and go to sleep! He finally went to sleep right as Aubrey was waking up again. When David got home, we talked and hung out for a little while, and then we went to dinner at Primos. After dinner, we went to Kroger and Target. I was co-hosting a baby shower the next day, and I made a breakfast casserole when we got home. The kids went to bed, and David and I had an uneventful evening before going to bed ourselves.

Saturday: I got ready for the baby shower when I got up and put my casserole in the oven. When it finished cooking, I loaded up and went to pick up Rebekkah. When we got to the house where the shower was, we helped set up and get everything ready. The shower went great and was a lot of fun! After it was over, we helped clean up and then left. By the time I got home, it was 1:30, and David was happy to see me walk through the door! He said having both kids alone was hard! It made me feel good that he said I was awesome for doing it everyday :-) Jude had been fussy because of the runny nose/allergy issues, so that does make it a lot harder. Usually Jude is pretty happy and content. Both of the kids went down for naps when I got home, so I went outside and tea stained the piece of furniture that I had painted last week. It ended up taking forever, and I got pretty frustrated a few times, but it's DONE. Yay! We got cleaned up and went to dinner after that. Then we ran in Kroger again and came home. When we got the kids to bed, David cut his hair and I read my book. I then helped him finish his hair, and we went to bed.

So, that was our week -- better late than never! Book Club is tonight, and I am so close to finishing the book that I'm not even worried about it anymore. I don't know why I'm always finishing these book the day of when I love to read. I guess I love to procrastinate even more. Haha! Hopefully I can stay more on top of the blogging once I'm finished reading! ;-)

1 comment:

J. Henry said...

Take comfort in the fact that no matter how much you slack on your blog, you cannot out-slack me!

Oh, yeah... and procrastinating is my favorite! You have 2 very good excuses for not getting things done ahead of schedule though! Sometimes I wonder, what on earth did I do before I had Caroline?! I had all the time in the world!