Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week in Review: On the Mend

This was another long, sick week. We were all sick at the beginning of the week, but thank the Good Lord, we're feeling better now! Being sick is NO fun, and it's especially difficult when both parents are sick but still have to take care of kids. We managed though, and we're just happy to be almost back to normal. I say "almost" back to normal, because I'm not quite 100% yet. My throat is still a little bit sore, and I don't have all of my energy back, but I definitely feel TONS better than I did this time last week! Hopefully we won't be sick again for a VERY long time! :-)

Sunday: We were all sick, so we had to stay home from church, unfortunately. We were sad to miss. We spent some time outside in the backyard just to get some fresh air. Jude got tired, so I took him inside for his morning nap. He ended up taking a pretty decent nap. When he woke up, we were hungry, so we loaded up in the car and drove through and picked up some lunch. We took it back home and ate. I started feeling pretty nasty and tired after lunch, so David put Aubrey down for her nap, and I put Jude in the bed with me and we took a nap together. David ended up joining and us and taking a nap, too. When we woke up, it was more hanging out at home. We did a lot of that while we were sick, and I was going pretty stir crazy :-/ We went and rode around for a while that evening just for a change of scenery. We stopped by Kroger and David ran in and got a few things, and then we headed home. I was actually feeling better than I had in several days and was encouraged that I might actually be getting well. When we got home, I checked my temperature, and I did have fever :( We put the kids to bed, and went to bed early.

Monday:
I had been up several times in the night, and I just felt awful. My chest and throat were KILLING me, and I even felt like I was going to pass out at one point when I got up to get some water. I was kind of worried that I was developing pneumonia with my chest hurting so bad. David knew I was feeling awful and let me sleep in. I still felt pretty terrible when I got up and decided to get ready and go to the MEA clinic just to get checked out. David stayed home with both of the kids -- he was actually feeling better, thankfully! I ended up having to wait a while at the doctor, but I'm still glad I went. It put my mind at ease to know that I did not have pneumonia. Plus, I got an antibiotic, which I think really ended up helping. I stopped at Wal-Mart on my way home to get my prescription filled, but they said it was going to be 45 minutes, so I decided to go home and pick my medicine up later. When I got home, Aubrey was napping, and Jude had fallen asleep in David's arms. I woke him up so that I could nurse him, and then I laid him down with me for a nap, but he wouldn't go back to sleep. David came and got him and let me rest. So sweet! I felt a little better when I woke up.
Aubrey loved watching Beauty and the Beast on the laptop while David did some work on the computer. You can tell she is really concentrating hard!

We all loaded into the car again and picked up my medicine and dinner. We had an uneventful night at home again. We watched some TV and let the kids play. David was really feeling better, and Aubrey seemed to be feeling pretty good, too. We went to bed fairly early again. David was thinking about going back to work the next day, but he decided to stay home one more day since I was still feeling bad. I was relieved, because I didn't think I was quite ready to have both kids by myself! ;-)

Tuesday: I woke up feeling a lot better than I had the day before. I don't know if was the antibiotic, or just a coincidence, but I was happy! I still wasn't feeling 100%, but my chest felt much better. We spent some more time sitting outside. That was nice since I had been cooped up inside for almost a week.
Aubrey wasn't so sure about the turtle that David found. She did "share" a flower that she picked with the turtle ;-)

Notice her rather interesting ensemble. There were some odd clothing choices this week, but I was just too under the weather to protest much. Ha! Plus, I was too thankful for the help I was getting from David to complain about what Aubrey was wearing. Aubrey was tormenting poor Knightly with her flower in these pictures. When David asked her what she was doing, she said she was "trying to put the flower in 'him's' eye." Ummm, ok. Good thing Knightly is laid back! :-)

The kids took naps, and I took it easy. David did some work from home. We decided that if we were all fever free all day that we would go to dinner that night. I was dying to get out at this point, so I was so happy when none of us had fever! We got ready and went to Mazzios for dinner. It was so nice to get out, especially since I was missing Bunco that night and was sad about that. We had a fun family dinner at Mazzios. It was almost bedtime when we got home, and we each put a child to bed. Jude slept in his bed for the first time that night!

Wednesday: David was going back to work, so I had to get up with Aubrey when she woke up. Thankfully, I was feeling pretty good. We had a good "normal" day. We didn't go anywhere, but it felt like any ole day with David at work and us at home. I was still doing breathing treatments with Aubrey every 4 hours for the RSV. Rebekkah called and offered to bring me a salted caramel hot chocolate :-) It was so nice to see her, and the hot chocolate was good, too! Jude took a great morning nap, and Aubrey watched Beauty and the Beast. (She got addicted to that and The Little Mermaid while she was sick :-/ We'll have to limit TV time now that she's well. Ha!) We ate lunch at home, and I did some laundry. That afternoon, I put Aubrey down for her nap, and I was SO tired. I still felt ok, but I got tired easily after being sick and not doing anything for so many days. Jude and I took a nap that afternoon. I then got ready because I was hoping to go to church that night. When David got home, we decided that Aubrey wasn't really well enough to go to church. Even though she was fever free, she still had a cough and runny nose. David offered to stay home with her, and Jude and I went to church.
This is just another one of the "interesting ensembles" that Aubrey sported this week. David let her dress herself, and this is what she picked. Pink shirt, pink leggings, mismatched socks, and sparkle shoes. The girl LOVES all things pink and gaudy. Haha!

It was nice to be back, but I still felt kind of out of it. I probably wasn't the greatest conversationalist. Ha! When we got home, we put the kids to bed and went to bed ourselves. We kind of got in the habit of going to bed early while we were sick. We'll see if we keep it up!

Thursday: We had yet another uneventful day. I was really starting to go stir-crazy, but it seemed like too much effort to get the kids ready just to go run errands. I had just decided that we would stay home when David called to tell me that he had left his karate uniform at home that morning. He was going to need it to teach karate for my dad's ministry that afternoon, so I offered to take it to him at work. Jude had just gone down for his morning nap, so I took a shower and got ready. I then got Aubrey ready, and we waited for Jude to wake up. Of course he decided to take the longest nap of his life when we had something to do. Ha! When he woke up, I fed him and got him dressed, and then we went to David's office. He met us in the parking lot so that I wouldn't have to unload the kids. After that, we drove through Chick Fil A and got lunch, and then we went to Tuesday Morning and looked around. When we got home, it was naptime, and I put Aubrey down. Jude ended up going down for his afternoon nap about the time Aubrey woke up. That's the way it's been working these days. Aubrey was really high-maintenance and unpleasant that afternoon. She was whining constantly. I was really struggling to remain patient. When Jude woke up, we went to Kroger. We weren't going to go to karate that night,and I was tired of eating out and wanted to cook something healthy for dinner. I ended up cooking tilapia and broccoli and salad. It was good, and Aubrey ate a good bit. She was still fussy, and I was VERY happy to see David get home that night. He put her to bed, and I got Jude down. David then ate dinner, and we talked while he ate. After that, I got on the internet and just had some quiet time to unwind after a rough day.

Friday: I ended up waking Aubrey up at 8:30 so that she would still nap that afternoon. We all took baths/showers and got ready to to go the park with Rebekkah and Carver. We were SO happy to be getting out again! We walked for a while and had fun, but it started sprinkling, so we let the kids swing and play for a little while before it really started raining. We then left the park and went to Beagle Bagel for lunch. It was so good, and it felt nice to be doing "regular" things again. When we got home, it was naps all around. Actually, Aubrey and Jude napped, and I laid on the couch for a little while and kind of dozed. I'm going to have to break this nap habit that I seem to have started now that I'm feeling better ;-) David came home for a little while after work, but he didn't stay long because he had a martial arts seminar that night and all day Saturday. We were sad to see him go :( The kids and I went to dinner at Corner Bakery and then we went to Target. Jude was kind of tired and fussy when we got home, so we just watched some TV, and I held him. I put Aubrey to bed and then came downstairs and got Jude ready for bed. I had just fed him and put him in bed when David called and said he was on his way home. I enjoyed the quiet house until he got home, and then we talked about our evenings before bed.

Saturday:
I got to sleep in because David got up with the kids. He then woke me up so that he could get ready to go to his seminar. After he left, I took a shower and started getting ready and then put Jude down for his nap. It took a few tries to get him to go to sleep, but he finally did. My mom, grandmother, and brothers came over to help me get the kids ready so that we could go shopping. My brothers were sick for a while, and then we were sick, so it had been WEEKS since Aubrey had really seen Joel (aka her FAVORITE person ever), so they had a joyful reunion. Haha. When Jude woke up, we left to go shopping. We ate lunch at Newk's and then went to lots of different stores. I think I might have found some curtains to order for our living room/kitchen, so that was exciting! After shopping all day, we headed home. The kids and I ate dinner at home and then just hung out waiting for David to get home. He finally got home at about 7:30, and we were happy to see him! We talked and hung out, and I baked a cheesecake for my brother's birthday lunch tomorrow. Then we put the kids to bed. Now, David is watching TV and I'm finishing this post :-)

1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

I'm loving the pink outfit. Keep letting that diva dress herself!