Monday, March 14, 2011

Week in Review: Early Mornings

Last week was a good week, but it was a little on the boring side. We stayed home more than we usually do. That was partly because Aubrey was waking up MUCH earlier than she usually does, and I was tired because of that, and partly because Rebekkah and Carver were out of town, so we didn't have our usual get-togethers with them. Staying home is nice for a few days, but I start to get antsy after a while! ;-)

We were all well and ready to go to church together! We were so happy about that, because it had been several weeks since we had all gotten to go to church. We got up and got ready and made it there on time. Church was good, and I helped teach the 2 year old Sunday School class. After church, we went to my parents' house for lunch to celebrate my brother Michael's birthday. We had a nice lunch, and he loved the cheesecake that I had made for him :-) When we finished with lunch, we headed home for naps. Aubrey went down easily, but Jude was overtired and didn't want to sleep. David dealt with him while I took a nap! Jude went to sleep just about 20 minutes before it was time to get ready for night church :( We let him sleep until the last possible minute, and a short nap was better than nothing. We went to church, and then ate dinner at Jason's Deli. When we got home, we put the kids to bed and hung out for a little while before going to bed too.

Monday: We started our day a little earlier than I was hoping when Aubrey woke up early. It was ok, though, because it gave us plenty of time to get ready. Ashley was in town, and we were having lunch at Sarah Denley's house! We were so excited! I got myself and the kids ready, and we left a few minutes early to ride around for a little while so that Jude would hopefully go to sleep in the car. He didn't :( Oh well. We had so much fun at Sarah Denley's house. Ashley brought Beagle Bagel, and it was just like old times. Except we were at SD's house instead of Beagle Bagel ;-) As we were getting ready to leave, I realized that Aubrey needed a diaper change (potty training definitely got put on the back burner when we were all sick), so I ran out to the car to get her diaper bag. When I came back in, the girls were standing at the door watching me. I walked in and just let the door close (and even gave it a little pull) and then realized that Ann Peyton had her finger in the door! I felt HORRIBLE! Her poor little finger looked awful, but she calmed down a lot faster than I expected after some love and comfort from her Mama. I still just felt terrible about it for the rest of the day. Anyway, after all that drama, we left. I took Ashley to meet Kurt since they only had one car while they were here. When we got home, it was naptime! Aubrey went down easily and took a good nap. Jude not so much. When Aubrey woke up, we got ready and went over to my grandparents' house. They live really close to the gym where I workout, so I left Aubrey and Jude over there and went to the gym. When I finished working out, I ran to the grocery store and then went back to my grandparents' house. My mom and brother were over there too, and we stayed and hung out for a while. We headed home after a while, and I cooked some tacos for our dinner when David got home from karate. (Aubrey ate dinner with my grandparents.) When David got home, he put Aubrey to bed, and I put Jude to bed. When they were both asleep, we ate dinner and talked and then went to bed.

Tuesday: Aubrey woke up 10 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off for Bible Study. I didn't want her to wake Jude up while I was getting ready, so I put in Beauty and the Beast so she would sit quietly on the couch.
She is pretty much mesmerized by the movie!

It worked out well, and I was able to get ready and get us there semi-on time. I enjoyed Bible Study, and the kids and I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. By the time we got home, it was lunch and naptime. Aubrey went down easily and took a good nap. Jude not so much. I tried all afternoon to get him to sleep without much success. He was just overtired from missing his morning nap. He finally went to sleep for a VERY short nap, and that was just enough to get him through until bedtime. Needless to say, I didn't get much done that afternoon. When David got home, he took over child duty so that I could cook dinner. We had brisket, roasted potatoes, and lima beans. We ate dinner together and then just hung out that evening. I went through Jude's closet and gathered some clothes that someone had let us borrow so that I could return them. We then measured Jude's wall and David did some calculations since we have definitely decided to paint stripes on one wall. It was too late to measure and tape that night, but at least we now know how wide to make the stripes.
Jude was perfectly happy to play in his bed while we worked in his room :-)

We put the kids to bed after that. The weather was iffy, so I ended up watching the news to see what the weather was supposed to do before going to bed.

Wednesday: Jude woke up sometime in the VERY early morning, and I went to his room and comforted him. I had just gotten back in bed and was dozing off when the tornado siren went off. Ughhh. I woke David up (he wasn't excited - haha), and we watched the weather for a while. There was a possible "weak" tornado near us, but, by the time it got close, they said it wasn't really anything to worry about anymore. We we didn't end up having to wake the kids up. Thank the LORD! By the time we went back to bed, we had been up for a good little while. Jude was up a couple of hours later, and I ended up feeding him and putting him in the bed with us. Then Aubrey was up for the day early. All that to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep that night! I decided that we would have a very low-key day. I did get a few things done around the house, but I didn't even attempt to do too much, because I was SO sleepy. Jude took a morning nap, so I was hopeful about an afternoon nap. We ate lunch, and I bathed the kids. Then it was finally time for a nap for all of us! Jude slept with me, and we got a nice nap. When we got up, we got ready for church, and when David got home, we left. We had a good time at church and got home just in time for bed.

Thursday: We had another early morning. I put Beauty and Beast in for Aubrey and laid on the couch while she watched it. Ha! After a while, we ate breakfast and started our day. Jude took a good morning nap, and I took a shower and got ready. I fed Aubrey lunch and put her down for her nap. I attempted to put Jude down for his afternoon nap, but it was a no go. I think I was trying to put him down too early. My mom came over, and we were going to go to a fabric store, but since it was during Aubrey's nap, my mom offered to just stay at my house and let me go. She kept Jude, too, and he ended up taking a nap in her arms :-) I went to a fabric store and ordered curtains for our living room! Finally! I can't wait until they come in and I can hang them. After that, I went over to Sarah Denley's house. I needed to pick up a toy that Jude had left on Monday, and she was letting me borrow a book. She was home alone, and we had a nice long visit. That was the first time we had gotten to talk "kid free" in a VERY long time. My mom called and said that Aubrey woke up grumpy and wanting me, so I headed home. Aubrey WAS grumpy when I got home. She finally snapped out of it, and she and I ran to Kroger while my mom stayed home with Jude. I cooked some white chili for dinner when we got home and put it in the crockpot. Then my mom and the kids and I went to Target. My mom went home from there, and the kids and I came home and ate dinner. We then just played and waited for David to get home from karate. When he did, he played with Aubrey for a few minutes and then put her to bed. I put Jude to bed, and then sat and talked to David while he ate dinner. We then got ready for bed.

Friday: Once again, Aubrey was up early. I think she was waking up so early becasue it was getting bright so early. So, I was kind of looking forward to the time change ;-) We had another uneventful day. (Told you this was a boring week!) We hung out at home again, and I straightened up and dusted. I put Jude down for a nap and fixed lunch for Aubrey. When Jude woke up, it was time for Aubrey to go down. I took a shower and got ready while she slept. Jude did take an afternoon nap, too, although it was pretty short. That seems to be his new pattern - a decent morning nap and a short afternoon one. I'm not complaining, though, because it SURE beats 20 minute naps! I was excited about that night, because David and I were going on a date!
We were sitting on the stairs waiting for my mom to arrive, and we took the opportunity to snap some pictures.

My mom came over to keep the kids, and David and I went to dinner at Bonefish. It was SO good and really fun to have a dinner together without the children. After dinner, we went to the movies. We saw Unknown, and it was good but not what I expected. I enjoyed it, though! We went to Barnes and Noble and got dessert and talked for a while after the movie. We then headed home. The kids were asleep, and my mom said they were good. David and I were going to a memorial service the next morning, and we needed my mom to keep the kids for that, so she just spent the night so she wouldn't have to drive home by herself late at night.

Saturday: Aubrey got up REALLY early, and David got up with her. I felt so bad for him! Jude and I got to sleep in until 9, and that was awesome! We got ready and went to a memorial service for David's dad's cousin. When we got home from that, Jude had just gotten up from a nap. I fed him and we hung out and talked to my mom. She got ready at our house, and my dad and brothers brought some furniture that my grandmother gave us over in my dad's truck. We got that all unloaded (I'll post pictures after I paint the furniture), and then they left so that Aubrey could take a nap. Jude and I went shopping with my mom and grandmother for a little while. When we got home, Aubrey and David were playing outside. I made a grocery list and went to Kroger. When I got home, we got ready to go to dinner. My grandmother was taking my family to dinner that night and invited us to go, too. We had to go kind of late, becasue we were waiting for my brother to get off work. We had fun, but it was really late when we finished. Especially with the time change. We rushed home and put the kids right to bed.

So far, this week has been good, except for the fact that we've had tornado warnings today. I am so over this weather. It's a tornado every week around here lately :/ I am excited about this week, becasue it's spring break, so karate and Wednesday night church have been canceled, so we should have lots of extra time with David! :-)


The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love the 2.5 post too. Aubrey's room color is pink right? I remember loving it - do you mind sharing the name of the color with me. Hope your Monday is off to a great start.

David Howie said...

On Monday when Carrie took Ashley to meet Kurt, she dropped her off at Cool Water Cafe. Now every time we drive by there, Aubrey will say "That's where Ashley lives."