Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week in Review: From MS to MO

This is so ridiculously late that I considered not even posting it. But I want to remember this week, just like every other, so I decided to just go ahead with it. This was a FUN week! I so enjoyed my time in Missouri, and I was also so happy to come home to David and Aubrey! It always takes a little while to get back into the swing of things after a trip, though, which is why I'm so late posting this.

Sunday: This was Jude's baptism day! We had to be at church early for that, so I had to get up early. We managed to get ready and make it to church on time, amazingly! Jude's baptism went really well, and our families were able to be there to see it.After church was Sunday School. David taught our adult Sunday School class, and I finally got to teach the sweet little two year olds. It was interesting to teach Aubrey's class. She needs some work on learning to share. Of course, all the two years olds are constantly fighting over the same toy. I'm sure we're in for some drama when Jude is old enough to start playing with toys ;)
Someone wasn't happy that Mommy was making her share. This picture cracks me up for some reason.

Anyway, after church, we had our families over for lunch. I had cooked a brisket, and it turned out well, thankfully! We had a really nice lunch and visit. When everyone left, it was pretty late, but we still had time for a short nap. We went to night church that evening, and we ate dinner at Olive Garden afterward with the Arants. That was really fun, and we got home late and put the kids straight to bed.

Monday: Aubrey was apparently exhausted. She had skipped her nap Saturday, taken a short nap Sunday, and gone to bed really late Sunday night. I ended up waking her up at 9:50! She seemed rested and was in a great mood. Jude slept really late, too. That big weekend just wore those poor babies out! We got ready and met Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch.
All ready to go to lunch.

We mixed it up by going on a Monday and going somewhere we've never been together. We had fun and enjoyed our lunch. After lunch, we headed home because Jude was ready for a nap. Aubrey wasn't happy about that. She wanted to go to "a store" and told me the whole way home that she didn't want to go home. Haha! She likes to be on the go! Jude took a short nap when we got home, but nothing much. Aubrey didn't end up taking a nap. I figured she wouldn't when she slept so late, but I put her in her bed to try anyway. She stayed in there for a little while, but she just obviously wasn't tired, so I gave up and went and got her up. We went ahead and got ready to go to church for karate. We got there a little early and were able to hang out with David before it started. I fed Jude solids and Aubrey ate her dinner, and then my mom and the kids and I went outside to get in my car to go shopping, That's when we noticed that my car had been broken into. In the church parking lot. Ridiculous! We've been having a problem with that at our church lately. I think there have been about 3 break-ins in a week :( We called the police, and they are going to patrol the parking lot more. Aubrey's diaper bag was stolen, but that's all. I guess they thought it was a purse. They were probably sorely disappointed when they opened it. David and my dad taped a bag onto the broken window, and David drove my car home. When we got home, I fed Jude and got him ready for bed while David put Aubrey to bed. I changed into my workout clothes and went to the gym with Rebekkah. We had a good workout -- it was tough, but I guess that's the point ;) When I got home, David and I talked and then went to bed.

Tuesday: I got up early and got ready for Bible Study. I was able to get ready before Aubrey woke up, but she woke up on her own right before I had to go wake her up. It worked out well. We got to church on time, and I enjoyed Bible Study. We started a new book called Shopping for Time, and I think I'm going to like it. It's all about time management, which is definitely something I could do better with. After the study was over, I picked up the kids from the nursery, and then Rebekkah and I drove through Chick Fil A and picked up lunch. We came back over to our house and ate.
Aubrey loves her some "chicken nuggets and lemonade." Jude just loves playing with his rings :)

I then put Aubrey down for a nap, and Rebekkah tried to put Carver down in Jude's bed, but he didn't feel like going to sleep in a strange room and bed. Who can blame him? We watched The Bachelor on the internet, but between Jude and Carver, we didn't really hear anything. Ha! We gave up after the first hour, and Rebekkah took Carver home for a nap. I got Jude to sleep, and he took his usual 30 minute nap. I wish he would sleep longer, but that seems to be his pattern for now. Aubrey woke up not too long after Jude, and I did some laundry and looked at some cookbooks. I needed to go to the grocery store, but it was cold and rainy, so I decided to wait until David got home. When he did get home, he wanted pizza and said we could just go to Mazzios for dinner. So I got out of going to the store and cooking! Haha. We hung out together at home for a while and then went to dinner. We had fun. I feel like we are just always so busy, so I enjoy our Tuesday nights together. When we got home, I fed Jude solids and David played with Aubrey. Then we put the kids to bed and relaxed for a while before going to bed.

Wednesday: The kids and I got up and ate breakfast and then got ready to go run errands. We went to Babies R Us because we needed another baby monitor. We hadn't bought one yet since Jude is still sleeping in our room, but I needed one to take to Missouri with me. Plus, David and I decided that when I got back, Jude was moving to his own room. He still doesn't sleep great, but it is just way past time for him to be in his own room. We'll see how that goes! We went to Ross when we finished at Babies R Us, and I got a pair of pants. Jude was super tired and went into full out meltdown mode while I was paying. I rushed out of there and was planning on going home, but Aubrey reminded me that I had told her we could go to Target to get her some cereal bars. (The girl is obsessed with cereal bars.) Thankfully, Jude had fallen asleep, so I thought it would be safe to go in Target. He slept the whole time we were in there, so it worked out well. He was still sleeping when we got home, so I put his carseat in the living room and fixed Aubrey's lunch. Jude woke up while we were eating, and I fed him while Aubrey played. It was then naptime for Aubrey. She was tired and went to sleep quickly. I held Jude while I spent a little time on the internet. I then put him down for an afternoon nap. He cried and would NOT go to sleep, so I finally had to go get him. He fell asleep when I picked him up, so I laid him back in bed, and he slept for, oh, about 20 minutes. Ughhh. I folded a lot of laundry while he fussed/slept. That evening, we went to church. Since we don't really do much after dinner, Rebekkah and I left a little early to go to the gym, and David took the kids home. We had a good workout and then headed home. David was putting Aubrey to bed when I got there, and Jude was downstairs crying. I got him ready for bed and then got on the internet for a little while before going to bed.

Thursday: This was a fairly uneventful day. I had a lot I needed to do before leaving town the next day. I did several loads of laundry and gathered up Jude's clothes that I wanted to take. I didn't get as much packing done as I was hoping because Aubrey and Jude didn't take good naps. We ended up getting ready and leaving a little early for karate. We got there and talked and visited with David for a while, and then Aubrey and Jude ate dinner. We then went to Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I rushed home after karate to get Jude to bed and get ready for the gym. Rebekkah and I had another good workout. We did lots of ab exercises, and I was sore for days after! I guess that's a good thing, though :) When I got home, I was so tired, and David was already in bed, so I decided to just go to bed and pack the next morning.

Friday: Aubrey ended up waking up a little after 7, so it worked out well that I was planning on getting up early anyway. However, Jude woke up when we got up, so it was hard getting anything packed with both of them awake. David ended up leaving a little late for work because he was helping me -- sweet hubby! My mom came over to keep Aubrey for the day while David was at work. Jude and I left and went and picked Sarah Denley up, and we got all of her stuff loaded up and hit the road around 10.
Jude was all ready for his first road trip!

We had a good, fairly uneventful, trip. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch, and I fed Jude there. When we got back on the road, Jude was happy for a while, but then he got tired and fussy. We were in traffic for a while and then we were kind of in the middle of no where, so there was really no place to pull over. When we finally found a gas station, we stopped to fill up and get Jude out. He calmed down and I fed him again. He went to sleep after that and slept almost the rest of the trip. We finally arrived in Cape Girardeau around 5:30, and we were so happy to be there and to see Ashley! We unloaded the car and I fed Jude, and then we went to dinner. We went to a local Italian place, and it was really good! We then went to Ashley's brother and sister's highschool to watch her brother dance with the dance team at their basketball game. It was hilarious! We went back to Ashley's house after that, and I got Jude ready for bed and put him down. We then spent the next several hours just talking and catching up. It was so nice and just what we needed! Jude woke up around 1:00, and we decided to call it a night and go to bed at that point. Jude ended up sleeping with me the rest of the night.

Saturday: We all slept in and then got up and had breakfast casserole that Ashley cooked in our pajamas. It was a nice lazy Saturday morning. After sitting around for a little while, we got ready and went on a little tour of Ashley's town. It was so fun to drive around and see where she lives. We ended up going to downtown Cape and it was super cute and charming. We went and looked at the River and took a few pictures. Then we walked around and went into an adorable little gift shop and an antique shop. We finished off with lunch at a cafe. We had great conversations while we were walking and eating lunch. It really felt like old times when we had these types of conversations weekly over lunch. As fun as it was, it made me miss being able to talk weekly. After lunch, we went back over to Ashley's house for more talking and hanging out. Ashley's sister was at her house, so she took a few pictures for us.That night, we went to eat dinner at a Mexican place, and it was so good! Ashley brought us up to speed on all of her adoption news. I was so happy to hear all about that in person! We went back to her house after dinner, and stayed over there the rest of the night, except for one quick Starbuck's run. We stayed up WAY too late talking, again :)

It seems kind of weird to end this in the middle of our trip, but I have to stick to my usual format. Haha! I'll finish up the trip recap in my next Week in Review post (which will hopefully be posted ON TIME!).

1 comment:

Amy said...

love the pictures from jude's baptism - their outfits are precious!!!
aubrey looks so grown up in the next set of pictures with her jeans and polka dotted shirt - she is adorable!
glad y'all had a great trip and i'm glad you still posted your week in review - i always love reading these :)