Monday, January 31, 2011

To Missouri and Back!

I just got home from a wonderful weekend in Missouri visiting my sweet sweet friend, Ashley. Sarah Denley, Jude, and I drove up on Friday and spent the weekend just catching up with Ash and seeing her town. It was so fun to get to see Cape -- we've heard so much about it from Ashley, and it was such a cute town! It was a low-key, relaxing weekend, which was just perfect. Really the whole reason we went to Missouri was to see Ashley and have long conversations that we've missed since she moved and we no longer have our weekly lunches! :) It was great to get to spend some time with her sweet family, go to her church, and see her house in person! Mostly it was just fun to stay up until all hours of the night talking about every topic imaginable! Ha :)

Jude was SO sweet all weekend. He really was better than I could have imagined. He just went with the flow and barely even fussed. He did cry a little bit in the car, but nothing too terrible (right, SD? :). He ended up sleeping with me a good bit -- he didn't sleep great in his pack n play in an unfamiliar place -- so we'll see if he's super spoiled now ;) I really did enjoy all the one on one time with my sweet boy.

The drive there and back was pretty good. I ended up driving the whole way both times, because SD told me a little bit about her driving record, and I decided that me driving would be in the best interest of all of us. Hahah. Like I said, Jude was really great. We did get slightly turned around on the way there. We noticed that we didn't seem to be on I-55 anymore, and we were headed for some water. We were wondering where we were, and the next thing we knew, we were on Beale Street! Ha! Not exactly where we were supposed to be, but a fun little detour nonetheless.

I missed Aubrey and David so much while I was gone! I was happy to be reunited with them tonight! Aubrey was SO excited to see Jude when we walked through the door. She was definitely more excited about seeing him than me! He just cackled when he saw her, too. I think it's just precious that they love each other so much. David took excellent care of Aubrey while I was gone, and I'm so thankful that he was sweet enough to let me have this weekend away.

I need to post my Week in Review, but I just don't have the energy right now. Ashley, Sarah Denley, and I were up until literally 2:30 this morning, and then we spent 7 hours in the car today. So, I think I'll go to bed and save that post for tomorrow :) I'll post pictures from the weekend then. We didn't take many, though. I guess we were too busy talking! Good night :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So glad you had a great weekend and a safe trip.