Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week in Review: Christmas Time Is Coming

We had a great week! It started off pretty busy but settled down toward the end. I'm really trying to enjoy this time. December is my FAVORITE month, and it always flies by way too quickly! I think I would be happy with 6 or more months of Christmas every year! :)

This was my mom's birthday! We went to church, and we had told Aubrey it was Gramzie's birthday and that she needed to say happy birthday when we got to church. Well, Aubrey wanted to give my mom her present (that I hadn't even wrapped yet) but we didn't realize that, and Aubrey had a little meltdown in the church parking lot. Nothing says happy birthday quite like that! Haha. She got over it, and we went into church. After Sunday School, we went to my grandmother's house to eat lunch and celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a good time! We went home and had time for short naps. David had to be at church early, so I had to get the kids up and ready by myself. We were a little late, of course. After evening church, we went to dinner with the Arants. We were planning on going to Raising Cane's, but when we got there it was closed. We had to quickly come up with a Plan B in the parking lot, and we ended up at Mazzios. It was good, and we had lots of fun! As we were leaving, we saw a nice lady who reads our blog. That was fun! :) By the time we got home, it was time for bed!

Monday: I worked around the house all day. I was hosting Bunco the next day, and I needed to get all of the Christmas decorations finished and the house cleaned up. Of course on the day I had a lot to get done, neither Aubrey or Jude took a very good nap. They were both in good spirits, though, so it wasn't too bad. I did manage to get some things done. Since the kids were already awake, we went to church for karate a little early. After I fed the kids dinner, we went to the mall with my mom. I had to get a few Bunco prizes, and after I found what I needed, we headed back to church. David drove my car with the kids home and I took his car and picked up some dinner for us on my way home. When we were all home, we put the kids to bed and ate. I was going to go to the grocery store that night, but it was cold and late, so I decided to just go the next day.

Tuesday: Aubrey woke up fairly early, which was good, because I had a lot to get done. I did all the stuff around the house that needs to be done last minute when you're having people over (sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms) and we went to the grocery store. It ended up being a bad idea to wait to go to the grocery store, because I needed a lot of stuff and the buggy was already full with both of the kids in there. I had to stack food around Aubrey and Jude :/ Aubrey ended up smashing a few things like my bread and the bananas. Haha. Oh well. When we got home, I fed Aubrey lunch and put her down for a nap. I then fed Jude and got him to sleep. Once they were both asleep, I started cooking my dinner and dessert. Jude took a short nap, which would have been bad since I had a lot to do, but my mom came over right after he woke up to help me. She played with him while I finished cooking and cleaning. When Aubrey woke up, my mom entertained both of the kids. For some reason, getting things ready for company always gets right down to the wire no matter how much I try to do in advance. When David got home, he helped me a lot, and then he took both of the kids and went over to his parents' house. Rebekkah got to my house a few minutes early, and I put her to work wrapping the Bunco presents. Haha! Everything turned out fine, in spite of the mad rush right before everyone arrived. I had fun, and hopefully everyone else did too :) David got home with the kids right as the last few people were leaving, so that worked out perfectly. They had had fun over at his parents' house. David and I each got a child to bed, and then we went to bed, too!

Wednesday: We had a low-key morning, which was really nice after our busy day the day before. We got ready and met Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch at Newk's. That was fun, but we kind of had to leave in a hurry because Jude was starting to have an all out meltdown. We managed to get out of there before he REALLY got going. It was naptime when we got home. I didn't do anything productive during naptime. That's the nice thing about hosting something in your home - your house is super clean for several days! (Or less if you have little kids :) When David got home, I left the kids with him and went to our photographer's house to pick up our Christmas cards. I'm happy with the way they turned out! I then ran in Hobby Lobby to get a pen, but they didn't sell them individually. So, I went across the street to Michael's to get one. What should have been a quick little errand ended up taking forever. December traffic is bad enough, but it was also right around 5:00. Ugh. By the time I got home, we were all ready for dinner! We aren't having Wednesday night church anymore until after the first of the year, and we were looking forward to a night at home! We ate leftovers for dinner, and just hung out and played with the kids. It was uneventful but fun. After Aubrey was in bed, David and I (and Jude) watched Leap Year. I think it's a cute movie, but I think David thought it was a little cheesy ;) It was sweet of him to watch a girl movie with me, though. I had put Jude in bed halfway through the movie, and when it was over, David and I were ready for bed too.

Thursday: After we all got up and ate breakfast, we got dressed and went to Wal-Mart to make a return. Aubrey couldn't figure out what that was about. As we were walking away, she kept saying, "Why we leaving that? That's mine." Haha. We shopped for a little while and then went home. We ate lunch and played for a while, and then it was naptime. Aubrey took a good nap, but Jude didn't. I really wanted him to sleep in his bed, but he probably only ended up sleeping 20 or 30 minutes. That made it a little difficult to get anything done, but I did manage to do a little laundry. I was also trying to get myself ready for a Christmas party for the women in our church that night. When Aubrey woke up, I got her dinner packed up, and we went to church. David had karate, and my mom was going to the Christmas party, so my grandmother came to church to watch Aubrey and Jude. We went to the Christmas party, and it was really nice. I enjoyed it. David took the kids home after karate was over, and I drove his car home when the party was over. When I got home, Aubrey was in bed and David was giving Jude a bottle. We talked for a while and then went to bed.

Friday: We got up and got ready to meet Rebekkah and Carver for lunch. We ate at Sweet Peppers and had a good lunch! Rebekkah and David are planning on moving (to our neighborhood - yay!) and I have been wanting to see their new house. They were going to be there that afternoon, so after lunch, we ran home so that I could feed Jude and then went to see their house. We really like it, and we're excited about having them live so close to us if everything works out! When we got home, I put Aubrey down for her nap. Jude had fallen asleep in the car, so I just left him in his carseat. I worked on addressing our Christmas cards while the kids slept. When David got home, I left and went to take some pictures of the Arants for their Christmas card. I should have taken Aubrey with me, because Carver was a little distracted, and I wasn't nearly interesting enough for him to look at. Ha! It was funny trying to get a good picture! When I got home, Aubrey and Jude were awake, and David and the kids and I all hung out in Jude's room playing and talking about our days. We then went to dinner at Red Lobster. After dinner, we rode around looking at Christmas lights for a little while. Aubrey is really into all the lights. She'll say, "Oooh! Look at the pwetty lights!" It's so sweet. The rest of the evening was uneventful.

Saturday: Aubrey woke up at 8 when the little neighbor boy came and rang our doorbell. Ughh. David got up with her, and Jude and I kept sleeping! Haha. We got ready to go shopping when we got up. Aubrey stayed with David, and Jude went with me. We met my mom and grandmother, and we were trying to get some Christmas shopping done. Of course the mall was crazy. We did get a few things, though. We had to quit shopping a little earlier than usual because my mom had to take my brothers to a Christmas party. When Jude and I got home, Aubrey was still napping. I talked to David for a while, and then she woke up. We started getting ready to meet the Arants at a little town not too far from where we live that decorates the town square for Christmas. The weather got really bad, and we didn't know if we were still going to be able to go. We decided to meet for dinner and then see how the weather was. We ate at 5 Guys and, by the time we finished, the bad weather and rain had passed. We went to the town and walked around and took lots of pictures (I'll post some soon). Aubrey loved the lights! We finished the night with hot chocolate and beignets. We had SO much fun! It actually ended up being the perfect night to go. It wasn't crowed at all since it had rained, and it was cool enough to feel like Christmas, but not cold enough to be miserable. It was starting to get pretty cold by the time we left, but it was nice while we were there. Now, Aubrey is in bed, and I'm about to go get Jude down too :)


Nathalie said...

I totally agree -- I love having people over because it forces me to clean up everywhere and then the house is so nice and tidy (for a couple of days :)).

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Aubrey sounds like the cutest little thing. I loved your Aubreyism post. Makes me excited!!! UGGGHH, 8:00 wake up calls from the neighbor boy. That's not fun. We had a little sign with my neighbors when I was little. If their shades were open then it was okay to go by otherwise it was not a good time. I keep trying to think of way to do this at our house. It's nice to have the neighbor kids around but not when it wakes up the kiddos.

Sarah Denley said...

I may have to stop reading these ;) I hardly get ANYTHING done when AP is awake and she is just one, very low maintenance child. Always so impressive with your bunco hosting and all; I bet you cooked something fab, too {says SD as shemakes scrambles eggs for dinner at 11:00}