Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week in Review: Welcome, 2011!

This week was great! David ended up getting most of the week off, and we LOVED having him home! We still haven't started back to karate or Wednesday night church, so we were home way more than we're used to. It was SO nice, though. We really enjoyed spending extra time together. It's back to reality tomorrow though. I'm afraid we've gotten a bit spoiled :/

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School. I got paged and had to go feed Jude during Sunday School, so I missed a bit of it. It was SNOWING all morning. It was really coming down hard for a while, but it never stuck. It was so pretty, though! We stopped on the way home from church and picked up some chicken for lunch to go with all the leftover sides we we had from Christmas the day before. We ate and took naps. Jude and I took a long nap, and it was so nice! We were worn out from all the Christmas festivities! We went back to church that night. After church, we went to my grandmother's house for pizza. She had been out of town for Christmas, and she had gotten back that day. My aunt and uncle and cousins were in town, so it was fun to get to visit with them. We stayed past the kids' bedtime, and they went right to bed when we got home.

Monday: Aubrey kicked off the week by waking up at 7. She had been waking up at 9 everyday for a while, so I had gotten really spoiled. David and I have gotten into a bad habit of staying up WAY too late, and Jude has been waking up in the night again, so I wasn't overly thrilled to be getting up early. Haha. You have to do what you have to do, though. Jude woke up early too, since Aubrey and I were awake and making noise. We hung out for a while, and then we got ready to go shopping. We missed out on the after Christmas sales the day before since we didn't shop on Sunday, so we wanted to go see if there was anything left. We went to Hobby Lobby and got a few things. After I had stood in line forever waiting to pay, I realized my purse was in the car. Ahhh. So I had to go out, get my purse, and stand in line again :( At least I always remember to get both kids. Ha! We then met my mom, grandmother, and brothers for lunch. Aubrey was SO excited to see her uncles. We went to Belk after lunch and shopped for a long time in there. By the time we left, the kids were QUITE tired and melting down, so we went home. Aubrey took a nap, and Jude and I hung out. He took a short nap eventually. I did lots of laundry that afternoon, but I never made it to the grocery store, so we had nothing to eat for dinner. When David got home, we hung out for a while and then went to grab dinner. We went to Target after we ate for more laundry detergent. We put the kids to bed but stayed up too late once again.

Tuesday: Aubrey was up early again. Jude slept good the night before, though, because I gave him a big bowl of rice cereal before bed. I still wasn't excited to get up early ;) We ate breakfast and then got ready for lunch. We were meeting Rebekkah and Carver for an early lunch. They had been out of town for Christmas for what seemed like forever, and we had been missing them! Aubrey and Carver were excited to be reunited! We had a fun lunch catching up. Rebekkah and I decided we needed a girls' night and made plans to see a movie that night. When we got home from lunch, we were all tired! Aubrey went right down for her nap, and I decided to lay down with Jude for a nap. That is the easiest way to get him to sleep these days, and I was sleepy enough for a nap, too. We had a nice nap, and felt rested when we woke up. David got home a little later, and he hung out with the kids while I cooked dinner. We ate, and then I left to meet Rebekkah to go to the movie. We saw How do you Know? It was ok but not our favorite. It was just so fun to get out and see a movie though! When I got home, the kids were sleeping and David was reading. We talked for a while and went to bed.

Wednesday: Jude had been up in the night at 3:30 and then again at 6:30. This better just be short growth spurt ;) I woke up at 8:30 and realized David was still home and heard that he was up with Aubrey. I wondered what was going on but didn't get up to go ask. Ha! I went back to sleep until 9:30 and it was nice! Turns out, David had the rest of the week off, and he just surprised me by letting me sleep in. So sweet! After I got up, I got myself and Jude ready for another fun lunch. I was meeting my old friend, Gray, who I never get to see anymore. I decided to leave Aubrey home with David so that Gray and I could talk uninterrupted ;) Gray was home for Christmas, and it was so good to catch up with her! She is one of those people who I can not see or talk to for months, but when we do get together, it's not awkward or weird. So fun! After lunch, Jude and I headed home, and Aubrey was napping. I fed Jude, and then David and I went outside and he worked on sanding a dresser for Aubrey's room that we started MONTHS ago. After Jude was born, we quit working on it, and it has just been sitting in our garage ever since :/ We decided that the time has come to finish it, and we figured this week would be a good time since David had some time off. After we got to a stopping point, I went to the grocery store. When I got home, both of the kids were awake and they were outside with David. I started cooking dinner while David was playing with them. We ate shrimp and rice casserole and then had a very low-key night at home. We read, watched TV (that show "My Strange Addiction" is BIZARRE!) and played on the internet. It was so nice to just be lazy ;)

Thursday: I got to sleep in again! I could sure get used to that :) I got up and Jude and I got ready to meet Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for lunch. Aubrey stayed with David again. We met at Primos, and we had a fun lunch! Jude got a little tired and a lot fussy towards the end, but that's to be expected when it's pushing naptime. When we got home, it was time for Aubrey and Jude to both nap. Jude wasn't really wanting to sleep, so David and I decided we were going to have to let him cry it out. I absolutely hate that, but he just won't nap any other way. I'll write more about that later. While Jude fussed/cried trying to get to sleep, I went outside and worked on Aubrey's dresser some more so I wouldn't have to hear him. David stayed inside and comforted him every few minutes. After a while, I came inside, and Jude was still crying, so I went and soothed him, and he went to sleep. He took a good nap in his bed for the first time in a long while. Yay! I got on the internet and played around while he slept. My dad called that afternoon and invited us to come over for dinner. He hadn't seen Aubrey and Jude since Sunday, and I think my family was having withdraws over there. Ha! When the kids woke up, we got ready and went to my parents' house. We ate hamburgers and watched some football. We ended up staying way past Aubrey's bedtime, and she and Jude went right to sleep when we got home.

Friday: David and Aubrey were outside raking when Jude and I got up. We decided to get dressed and go to breakfast. We had a fun family breakfast - I love doing that and wish we did it more often (we could if I would get up earlier. Ha!). When we got home, we put Jude down for a nap. He only fussed for 5 minutes before he went to sleep! Yay! David and I finished Aubrey's dresser and carried it upstairs. David said it was going to take three men to help him get it up the stairs, but I was determined to get it up that day, so he said the two of us could try to get it up. He was so impressed when we actually made it. Ha! I love the way it turned out. We then spent a while hanging things on Aubrey's walls. Her room looks much more finished now, even though it isn't completely done. Aubrey went down for her nap after that, and Jude took another nap, too. David and I just hung out that afternoon, and then we started getting ready to get together with the Arants for New Year's Eve. And that's when it happened. The tornado sirens started going off. That deserves it's own post, which I will write soon. For now I'll just say that I was QUITE terrified and our New Year's Eve plans were a little delayed. We did live though all the bad weather trauma and we were finally able to leave our house and meet the Arants at Mazzios. After dinner, we went and looked at the Arants' potential new house. We then came back over to our house and got all the kids to bed. Carver slept in Jude's bed that he still doesn't use. Ha! We then talked and played games. The guys left to go get us some ice cream, but everywhere was closed :( We had so much fun, and the Arants were just starting to think about leaving right after midnight when the sirens went off AGAIN. Ugh! We turned the weather on, but there wasn't anything coming our direction. David and Rebekkah stayed for a while longer and then got Carver up and went home. Jude woke up sometime before they left, so by the time I fed him and we all got to sleep, it was after 1:30.

Saturday: I slept really late after our late night! I got up and got ready and Jude and I went shopping with my mom and grandmother. We ate Mexican for lunch and then went to a few stores. Jude was so sweet all day. He took a long nap in his stroller. When we got home, Aubrey was in a super sweet mood, too. David said she had been so sweet and happy all day and that they had such a good day. We went to dinner at Logan's and then came home. I got Jude down while David put Aubrey to bed. I then cooked lunch for us to eat the next day (today) and got got on the computer for a while. By that point, it was late and we went to bed.

Unfortunately, Aubrey came down with a stomach bug in the middle of the night. We all stayed home from church, so as not to spread any germs. She is feeling much better today, and we've just been laying low. We're praying no one else (especially Jude!) gets the bug!

No comments: