Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This and That

I feel like I really haven't posted much lately. I'm blaming it entirely on this little guy:You know my sweet, easy baby? Yeah, he's recently decided to go a little more high-maintenance on me. I feel guilty even saying that, though, because he still is SUCH a sweet baby. He just likes his Mama and he likes to be HELD. He has definitely reached the age where he knows if he's not being held and he doesn't like it one bit. It's funny to see the differences in Aubrey and Jude's personalities already. Aubrey was pretty high-maintenance as an infant. I'll be honest and say that I pretty much held her constantly for the first 3-4 months of her life. Haha. She really started to get easier and more independent when she was about 4 months old. Jude has been just the opposite. He was a pretty easy infant, and I actually had guilt over the fact that I didn't hold him NEARLY as much much as I held Aubrey as a newborn. Now that he's 4 months old, though, we're making up for it! ;) I'm half kidding - he really likes to be able to see me at all times. Usually I don't have to be holding him as long as he can see me and I'm talking to him. Nap time has been kind of hit or miss with him lately, too. He doesn't really like his pack n play anymore. He loves to sleep in his swing, but I know I'll regret that habit, so I'm trying not to let him sleep in his swing everyday. Some days I just need him to sleep for a few solid hours, and we do resort to the swing. Even though Jude has been more needy lately, I can't stay frustrated with him for long. His smile melts my heart every time, and I'm certainly not going to complain that he loves me! :) It does make it difficult to blog when you've got a baby attached to you, though.

Aubrey is doing great. Everyday with her is an adventure. I just never know what is going to come out of her mouth. She talks constantly. She speaks in 8 and 10 word sentences now. The other day, she said something and I was so impressed that I had to stop and count how many words she had just said. She definitely has a mind of her own. She wants to pick out her own clothes these days. She doesn't like the stuff that Mommy picks out for her to wear. If she is already like that at 2, I can't imagine what she will be wearing at 10! Ha! She thinks she NEEDS everything she lays her eyes on. I hear, "Mommy, I NEED that!" a lot these days. I'm trying to teach her the difference between a want and a need. I don't think she quite gets it ;) She still is just in love with Jude and is sweet to him almost all of the time. Her absolute #1 favorite person in the whole word is my brother, Joel. She thinks he hung the moon and then some. When I tell her I love her, her response is almost always, "I love JOEL!" It's heartwarming, really :/ Anyway, the other day, my family was going through and naming everyone and asking Aubrey if she loved them. She was saying, "No, I love Joel" every time. When they got to Jude, though, she paused, thought for a second, and nodded her head that she did love Jude. Awww. If she isn't going to love her mother, at least she loves her brother. Haha! She's a mess.

We have been doing lots of little projects around our house. We are hosting Thanksgiving lunch over here this year. Before you get too impressed, I'm NOT cooking the turkey ;) Anyway, we've gotten several things done around the house that have been on my list for the past year. We need to host things more often! All that to say, I'll be posting pictures soon. I know I've never even posted pictures of Jude's nursery! That's bad! Nursery and dining room pictures are coming soon :)

I guess that's enough for now. Just wanted to give a little update. Hope everyone is having a fun Thanksgiving week!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad to read updates! It's not nearly as good as having lunch once a week, though. :( I'm not kidding--this winter or early spring, I'd love to get together with you and SD! Too fun!

Jennifer said...

So funny about Aubrey only loving Joel! I bet he eats that up!!