Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dining Room Elements

This is my dining room:Well, actually, that was my dining room before we moved into our house. Now it looks like that, only full of junk. We haven't done anything to it since we moved in, but the time has finally come to start decorating and furnishing our dining room!

I mentioned in my week in review post that I bought a sideboard for our dining room last weekend. David and my brother went and picked it up on Monday, and I love it! It's a little banged up and needs some TLC, but that's ok :) I think I got a great deal on it, and we'll fix it up a little, but it doesn't need to be perfect. Here it is:I also got a rug for our dining room yesterday! I had seen one that I liked Saturday, but it had a bad spot on the edge. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that I really liked the rug, and I decided I would just get it anyway and ask for a discount because of the bad spot. My mom went to get it for me yesterday. (Because can you imagine getting a large 8x10 rug into a car by yourself with 2 kids?! I couldn't.) When she got there, the one I liked was gone, but they had one with similar colors that didn't have the bad spot. So she got it, and I really like it!I'm planning on painting the walls a rust/paprika color, which I think will look SUPER fabulous! :) I love color! I have pretty much NO blue in my house, but I think I might pick up on the blue in the rug and get buffet lamps in a blue color. I'm breaking out of my green box! Haha! I do LOVE my green though.

We haven't gotten a table or chairs yet. We're still in the shopping/brainstorming/getting ideas stage. We have an idea of what we want. We just know we want a table to seat at least 8 people. Of course, we'll need curtains for the windows at some point too. Our goal is to have this room usable by the holidays. We want to have plenty of room to seat friends and family for Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings! I'm just excited to get this room done!

5 comments:

Sarah Broadus said...

I have that same sideboard! My grandmother had it in her house, with the table and china cabinet.

I know have all 3 but over the years the finish has faded so I am redoing them all!

Nathalie said...

Love the sideboard! Looks great!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Love the sideboard (had no idea that's what that was called). I think the blue will look great with the rug & the color you've picked out! I'm amazed that you have enough energy to even think about decorating a room!

Sarah Denley said...

Oh I love the rug and I think blue lamps will be beautiful!