Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week in Review: A day late and a dollar short

You may have noticed (but probably not) that my review post is a day late. I was too tired to post it last night. Anyway, we've had a very good week! Aubrey has been on a wonderful schedule, and she is taking excellent naps. Praise the Lord!! I'm praying that continues. She has also been really sweet and fun to be around this week for the most part. It has just been a good week all around :)

Sunday: I had a wonderful Mother's Day! We went to church and Sunday School and then over to my grandmother's house for lunch. My aunt and her family were in town, and it was fun to see them. After we got home, Aubrey wouldn't take a nap. I think we missed the "window." David played with her and let me take my usual Sunday afternoon nap :) We went back to church that evening. My brother was going to hang out with the youth group after church, so my parents were waiting around on that end of town to go pick him up. So we went to eat Mexican with them after church.

Monday: I was back in the saddle (after our vacation)! I did lots of laundry and unpacking from our trip. Aubrey was getting another tooth, and she was extremely grumpy/clingy/emotional all morning which really slowed my errands down. It was ok though; after being away from her the week before, I enjoyed giving her extra attention :) We went to Target and Kroger mid-morning and then came home for lunch. I put Aubrey down for her nap after lunch, and she was SO tired. She slept for almost 3 hours. While she slept, I did more laundry, folded clean clothes, and finished unpacking. I also put dinner in the crockpot. When David got home, we all three hung out together and then went to karate. During karate we went to Hancock's, but I didn't really find anything. I'm looking for fabric for Aubrey and Jude's rooms! After that, we went to Belk. When we got home, David put Aubrey to bed, and then we ate dinner.

Tuesday: I got up early to get ready for Bible Study. Aubrey woke up a little later, and we ate breakfast and left the house. I enjoyed Bible Study, as always. When it was over, we came home, ate lunch, played, and then it was Aubrey's naptime. While she was sleeping, I was going to watch Dancing with the Stars from the night before, but when I tried to watch it it hadn't recorded. Oh well. I took a nap on the couch instead. Ha. After our vacation, that getting up early wore me out! Or maybe it's just because I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have a 20 month old. Yeah, that's probably it :) Anyway, I enjoyed my nap. I gave Aubrey a bath (that turned into a shower when she went to the bathroom in the bathtub) when she woke up from her nap. David's parents were leaving soon to go out of town for almost 2 weeks, and we wanted to get together before they left, so we met them for dinner at PF Chang's. Yum! Aubrey got rice everywhere! After dinner we stopped at Lowes and got paint and supplies for Aubrey's room! Exciting! We bought plywood for the attic, but it wouldn't fit in the back of our SUV like we thought it would. A nice man saw us trying to get it in the car and offered to put it in his truck and follow us to our house. It was so sweet, but we were embarrassed! We put Aubrey straight to bed when we got home.

Wednesday: Aubrey and I had lunch with Ashley and Evy and Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton. We decided to take a break from our home play dates, as fun as they are, are go back to our old faithful Beagle Bagel :) It was nice to get out. It was SO good to catch up with the girls since we hadn't seen each other in 2 weeks!! After lunch, I decided to run in a fabric store not too far from the restaurant. Well, it ended up taking me FOREVER to get there because I passed it on the interstate several times and kept having to go to the next exit and make a u-turn. Ridiculous! I almost gave up, but I had already invested so much time into trying to get there, I was determined to make it worth it! I did finally find it, and they had some fabrics that I liked and got samples of. On the way home, I stopped by another fabric store right by my house. I'm on a roll! Once we finally got home, Aubrey was more than ready for her nap! I spent her nap time searching the internet for fabric. Haha! I NEED to mark that off my list! When David got home, we talked and hung out and then it was time for church. I went to a new Bible Study that night on a book called When Helping Hurts.

Thursday: I got up and got ready for a doctor's appointment. I took Aubrey to my mom's house while I went to my appointment. Everything with baby Jude looked great! After leaving the doctor, I swung by the other Hancock's to see if they had anything different. (I know, I'm obsessive.) They had the fabric I want, but in pink instead of blue :( Guess I'll order it off the internet. I picked Aubrey up and brought her home for her nap. While she slept, I cooked myself a chocolate cobbler dessert thing because I was craving something sweet and because my doctor had said my weight looked fine! Haha. I also watched Dancing with the Stars and some of 19 Kids and Counting. We went to karate that night and back to Hancock's to buy some fabric I had found Monday. It was upholstery fabric, so I didn't know what I would use it for even though it went perfectly with the other fabric for Aubrey's room, and then I realized I would need upholstery fabric for her window seat cushions. AND it was on sale. Yay! After we finished there, we went to Belk. David was going out to dinner with the other karate teachers after class, so Aubrey and I went home alone. David usually puts Aubrey to bed, but I enjoyed doing it that night. It was sweet to be able to rock her for a little while, and she kept looking at me and saying "Mama." Melt my heart! David got home later and we talked and went to bed.

Friday: I got up bright and early and got ready because we were meeting some friends from church at the zoo. I ended up having to wake Aubrey up, but she was in a wonderful mood. Seriously, she was being SO sweet and precious all morning. We had fun at the zoo, but it was incredibly hot, so we left after lunch. We stopped at Hobby Lobby for a little browsing on the way home. I almost hated to put Aubrey down for her nap, because I was just enjoying hanging out with her so much. I love those days when being a mom and being with your child just feels like pure bliss. I did eventually put her down though. She was even cute going down for her nap. I told her I was about to lay her down, and she hugged me and and said "Bye-Bye." Awwww. She took a nice long nap, and I rested from our zoo trip. David got home, and Aubrey was still sleeping, so we talked and then woke her up. We went to eat Mexican for dinner and then went to Target, Lowes, and Wal-Mart. When we got home, we played with Aubrey before bed.

Saturday: We were rudely awakened by a little neighbor boy incessantly ringing our doorbell at 8:00. Ughh. After I sent him away, Aubrey woke up. David got up with her, and I almost just got up too, but I was determined to sleep late! Shortly after I got up, my mom and grandmother came over to help us paint/watch Aubrey. AND they brought doughnuts with them! Mmm. My grandmother played with Aubrey downstairs while my mom, David and I painted Aubrey's new room. We still have a lot to do, but we made some really good progress! I'll be posting pics -- I want to document the process just like I did when we were doing Aubrey's nursery. We stopped for a lunch break, but otherwise we worked all day. David even hung Aubrey's chandelier. After we quit painting, we cleaned up and went to David and Rebekkah's house for dinner. Aubrey was SO excited to go over to her friend "Ca-Ca's" house. (That's what she calls Carver.) She is pretty much obsessed with him :) We had so much fun hanging out with them, and we stayed way past Aubrey's bedtime. When we got home, David put Aubrey to bed while I made a late night trip to the grocery store. Always fun.

Hopefully this week will be another good week. We are hoping to get some more work done on Aubrey's room so we can start on Jude's room too!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't WAIT to see room pictures!