Friday, May 7, 2010

Seaside: Day 5

Well, our day got off to a roaring start when my mom texted me this morning to let me know that Aubrey woke up with a temperature of over 103. I was so sad that I couldn't be there to take care of my baby when she was sick :( I knew my mom would take good care of her though. My mom took Aubrey to the doctor this afternoon, and she has another virus. Everything looked fine, but they pricked her finger to test her blood count, and it indicated the infection was viral and not bacterial. Her doctor said spring is just the time for viruses. I'm glad Aubrey hasn't been sick all week. We're hoping this will be a short thing and she will be better tomorrow.

Anyway, my sunburn had faded quite a bit today, so we were able to spend our last day in Seaside at the beach! David and I both just relaxed and read for a long time. I sat under an umbrella for a good bit of the time.

When we were all beached out, we headed to the pool to cool off. I got all the way in the pool today -- living on the edge! Haha. It was so nice to just sit in the pool and talk. I didn't want to get out because I don't want our vacation to end!

We did eventually get out of the pool though, and we got ready and headed to Panama City. We ate dinner at The Back Porch, and it was good!

We walked around this HUGE mall -- seriously, this was the biggest mall I've been to. (Why didn't we go to this one sooner??) We then saw Iron Man 2. (I made David pose with the sign, so if he looks like a goob, it's my fault. Ha!)

We actually both really enjoyed it! I was a bit lost in parts, but David was able to catch me up :)

Now we are in our room dreading packing up. We are going home tomorrow morning. We are both SO excited to see Aubrey -- we miss her!! We're really sad that our vacation is over though. I wish Aubrey could just come here and we could all stay about another week. Haha. David and I want to come back to Seaside with Aubrey (and Jude!). It seems very family friendly. I'm always slightly depressed when a vacation comes to an end, so I'll get over it. We are just so thankful that we've been able to have such a fun week! :)

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

I enjoyed reading your daily updates! Given our limited (and slow) internet access, yours is the only blog I'm able to keep up with while we're away.. haha!

Glad you had a nice trip and I hope Aubrey feels better very soon!

Carrie said...

Aw, Nathalie, I'm flattered that you are keeping up with our blog while you're away! :) I can't wait to read about your trip, and I hope you are on the road to recovery!!