Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week in Review: Naps are the BEST!

This was a really good week! Nothing spectacular happened, but Aubrey took a nap everyday!! She hasn't done that in months, and it was wonderful! That really does make all the difference in the world as to how our days go. Naps=Happy, rested baby AND Mama! Haha. Here is or week:

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School. David and I had nursery duty during church in Aubrey's room. It was fun to watch her interact with her friends. We were both pleasantly surprised that it didn't bother her at all when we held other kids. She played and had a great time and didn't seem to care when we gave attention to other kids. Hopefully this will be the case with her baby brother too! After church, we met David's parents for lunch at Char. It was good, and we had a nice time. Aubrey spilled sweet tea in both of our laps. We took our usual Sunday afternoon nap when we got home. We went to night church that night. After church, we had dinner with David, Rebekkah, and Carver at a Chinese restaurant. Aubrey was surprisingly well behaved.

Monday: Aubrey slept late. Whoo! After we got up and ate breakfast, I got right to reading my book club book. Aubrey didn't like that I wasn't showing her a lot of attention though, so my reading time was pretty broken up. After lunch, she took a good nap, and I got more reading done. David came home, and we went to karate (he actually had a meeting at church, but I still went with him to karate). My mom watched Aubrey during karate, so I could read more of my book. I'm NOT waiting until the day before book club to start my book next month! You have that in writing :)

Tuesday: Aubrey woke up fairly early, but it was ok because I had decided we were definitely going to Bible Study that morning. We were able to get ready without being rushed and even got there a little early. I was so glad to be back at Bible Study! After it was over, we ate our lunches that we had packed together. It was too wet to eat on the playground, so we just ate in the church. When we got home, I tried putting Aubrey down for a nap, and I was shocked when she actually went to sleep! It seems like she NEVER naps on Tuesdays for some reason. While she slept, I was able to finish my book, and I also watched some of Dancing with the Stars. Sadly, Aubrey woke up from her nap quite grumpy. She was just mad at the world. I decided a trip to Target was in order to distract her :) David got home shortly after we did, and Aubrey had pretty much cheered up by then. He played with her, and I cooked dinner for them and got ready to go to Book Club. We met at a Mexican restaurant. Mmm, my favorite! The book we read this month was Evidence not Seen, and it spurred some good, deep discussion. When we felt like the waitress wanted us to leave, we decided to move our discussion elsewhere. Well, apparently coffee shops (even ones by college campuses) close at 9. So we ended up at Wendy's. Haha. We had great Frosty's though, and had fun talking more. I didn't get home until 11:30.

Wednesday: Aubrey slept late, and we had a low-key day at home. I was so tired all day because I had stayed up too late the night before. Thankfully, Aubrey took a nap. While she slept, I did my Bible Study homework and may or may not have fallen asleep in the middle of it ;) It was good; I was just SO sleepy. When Aubrey got up, we got ready and met David at church. After dinner, I went to Bible Study. It was good, even if I didn't quite get all my homework done. Haha.

Thursday: We got the sad news that David's grandmother had passed away that morning. I had a doctor's appointment, so I took Aubrey to my mom's house before my appointment. I had to drink the delicious sugary drink (that I actually think isn't bad) for my glucose test. Thankfully, my doctor said I passed with flying colors. Yay, no gestational diabetes! Everything else was good too. The baby was moving around so much that my doctor had a hard time picking up his heartbeat. This one is definitely a mover and a shaker! :) She did finally get it, and it was a strong 130-140 BPM. After my appointment, I picked Aubrey up, and we came home in time for her to take a nap. Shortly after she woke up, David came home. We skipped karate that night so we could be with his parents because of his grandmother's death. We went to dinner at Amerigo. After dinner, David, Aubrey, and I went to the mall to get some sandals for Aubrey. It wasn't the most pleasant trip though, because it was Aubrey's bedtime. We did get some shoes though :)

Friday: Aubrey woke up pretty early. After all the days of sleeping late, I feel I can't complain though. We spent the morning lazing around, and then we got ready to have lunch with the girls. We met at Sarah Denley's house this week, and it was so fun! We tried to watch our wedding DVDs, but Sarah Denley's DVD player had a little malfunction. Haha. We'll try again next time! After lunch we came home, and Aubrey took a nap. It was dark and rainy, so I decided to take a short nap myself. I love naps, but I cannot make this a habit :) When David came home, we talked and and hung out for a while and then went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom. It was pretty much bedtime when we got home.

Saturday: I got up bright and early and went to the Beth Moore simulcast with Ashley and Sarah Denley and another one of Ashley's sweet friends. It was really good, and I'm so glad I went! Hopefully I can put some of the things I learned into practice in getting rid of insecurity. We had a two hour lunch break between sessions, so we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was fun just sitting and talking leisurely. It was a good thing I went, because we were supposed to get some really bad weather, and (as yall know by now) I have a bad weather phobia. Being at the conference took my mind off of the weather, and by the time we left it was sunny out. We were supposed to have a Sunday School cookout at a lake that afternoon, but it got canceled because of the weather. David, Aubrey, and I ended up just hanging out at home this afternoon. We went to my parents for hamburgers tonight.

I think next week is going to be busy! We will be going to Tennessee for David's grandmother's funeral, and also having a memorial service for her here. We'll also be packing and getting ready to leave for the beach the next week!

No comments: