Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just some updates

-Aubrey is 16 months old today! She weighs 24 pounds and is 30 inches tall. She's just such a big girl :)

-Her finger is healing nicely. Our doctor friend looked at it at church Sunday and said it was looking much better. We've religiously kept a bandaid and sock on her finger. He said we could take it off because it looked almost well. However, I know my child, and if there is any possible way to rip it back open and make it bleed again, she will do it. So I decided to err on the side of caution and keep it bandaged up for a few more days until my mommy instinct says it's ok to take it off.

-Aubrey is feeling much better! We have still been doing a few breathing treatments a day just to be on the safe side, but we'll probably quit in the next day or so. Funny story: when I was getting ready to give her the first breathing treatment last week, I happened to notice that it said the treatments were not safe for pregnant women. It said that the medicine had caused cleft pallets in rats -- haha. Of course I was all scared to do the breathing treatment because I thought it would give my baby a cleft pallet. I asked our doctor friend who took care of Aubrey's finger about it, and he said that only applied if I actually took the treatment myself. I do breath in a lot of the vapor when I'm giving her the treatment though, so I was still concerned. So he gave me a mask to wear while I do Aubrey's breathing treatments. I'm sure we're a sight to see -- her with this oxygen type mask over her face and me with a hospital mask on mine! Ha! Again, I'd rather err on the side of caution though.

-Our heater STILL is not fixed. I wish I was kidding. The guy didn't end up coming yesterday because he had to order the part. He came tonight at around 7:00 and wasn't able to fix it. This is the forth time he's been here! He is coming back tomorrow to try one last thing, and he said if it still doesn't work, he'll have to give up. Ughh. So frustrating! On the other hand though, we've already made it through the coldest nights EVER the past week, so I figure if we can survive that, who needs a heater?? :) Hopefully he'll be able to fix it tomorrow!

-I'm am feeling well as far as the pregnancy goes. I have a nasty cold right now, so that's no fun. But that's my only complaint! I will officially be in the second trimester this week, so I'll give a pregnancy update in a few days!

-I think that's it for now. We have been having a much better week so far, thank the Lord! We are having lunch with our BFF's tomorrow so that should be fun :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I am glad ya'll are having a better week!

Layton has mild asthma and has to have breathing treatments alot. I gave them to him almost daily when I was pregnant with Will-he doesn't have a cleft palate ;). It does bother me that our pediatrician never told me that now that I think about it...

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe that your heater is still not fixed! Your gas bill will be SUPER low this month. HA!