Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Well, that was embarrassing.

I have a doctors' appointment tomorrow. I'll be 11 weeks, and we are going to listen to the baby's heartbeat! I had to call my OB's office today. Whenever I call for anything they always put me through to the triage nurse where I leave a message and they call me back. You literally have to leave your name, rank, and serial number on this answering machine. You have to say your name, spell your name, give your date of birth, your social security number, your phone number, and the reason for your call. It's ridic (as SD would say ;o) ) and I hate leaving messages anyway. So today I was attempting to leave a message and watch Aubrey run around everywhere at the same time. This is what my message said:

"Hey, this is Carrie Howie. C-A-R-R-I-E H-O-W-I-E. My date of birth is 11-23 and my social is [I started saying my social security number and then got distracted by something Aubrey was doing.] Oh, hold on, that's not right. Let me start over. Oh, now I can't even remember my social security number! Just a second, let me think... Oh, I can't remember what it is! I'm sorry. Please just call me back at [insert phone number].

Let me just say that I was mortified when I hung up. I have never left such a stupid sounding message in my life. If there was some way I could have deleted that message, I would have done it in a heartbeat! I really do know my social security number, but after I started to say it and got distracted, I just got flustered and couldn't remember it for the life of me until after I hung up the phone. What an idiot.

Someone returned my call quickly and she said they had all been laughing at my message because they all do the same thing. I told her I was mortified, and she said not to be because it happens to the best of us. I keep telling myself that they deal with lots of pregnant women, and hopefully they will just chalk it up to that pregnancy brain! Haha!

4 comments:

Emily said...

How exciting! Let us know how your appointment goes! :)

Sarah Denley said...

HAHA! I MISS YOU! How about you call me sometime? Not talking for over a week is redic. Ha!

Hopefully, they won't play your message for the OB educator, she might have to chastise you some more!

Ashley said...

How funny! Honestly, you aren't the first person though. When people ask for the last 4 digits of my social I always have to say the whole thing. I can remember my husbands last 4 digits but not my own without saying it from the beginning. So sad.

Christy said...

Yeah, been there :)

I was in the hospital, getting ready to go in for my c section with Will and Clay had to tell the nurses what my social was. I had no clue!!