Thursday, December 31, 2009

11 week checkup

My doctors' appointment went great today! Well, besides the fact that I had to wait forever! I was sitting there in a room with a little napkin draped over my lap (gotta love that first appointment) (even though this technically isn't my first appointment) when I finally heard my doctor right outside my door. Right before she came into my room, a voice came over the speaker saying, "Dr. McMinn, you're needed NOW in room 183 for delivery!" Ughhh. But that's just how it goes when you're at an OB's office :) When she got into my room, we listened for the heartbeat. She said not to freak out if we couldn't find it -- the baby is still small, and we would just do a sonogram. Of course, I would have still freaked out though. Thankfully, she found it immediately! It was between 160-170 beats per minute. My mom is now convinced it's a girl -- haha! I was glad to hear that sweet sound. The rest of the appointment was uneventful. I go back in 4 weeks, and then 4 weeks after that is our big ultrasound! I'm already dying to know if this baby is a boy or girl.

Oh, one other thing. I am immune to the chicken pox! I didn't know if I would be since I only got 1 out of 2 doses. For now I am immune though. Good to know :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love Dr. McMinn.
Is that a strange comment to leave on your blog? Ha. Probably so. =)
She is my "lady doctor" too, and I am in choir with her at my church.