Saturday, December 26, 2009

Week in Review: Merry Christmas!!

We had another busy week full of last minute Christmas shopping and wrapping and spending time celebrating Christmas!

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School and then we went to lunch at O'Charlie's. We always get terrible service there, but we keep hoping one day it will improve. It was much better than usual, which means it was almost decent service! Haha. We came home and took a nap and then went back to night church. I think we went to dinner somewhere, but I can't remember where. (You'll notice we did a lot of eating out -- our kitchen was still in the process of being unpacked. I think at this point my pots and pans were buried somewhere in the garage!)

Monday: Aubrey and I had lunch with Ashley and Sarah Denley and the girls. After lunch Aubrey and I ran some errands to pick up some Christmas gifts. We came home so Aubrey could take a nap. I picked up a pizza for dinner -- our washer and drier was supposed to be delivered that night, but after waiting around until about 10:30 (thankfully we learned our lesson and put Aubrey to bed on time this time) David called to find out if they were coming. Um, no, they thought we wanted it delivered the next day. Ughh. By this point we had NO clean clothes. We did get 10% off since this was the second time they had stood us up.

Tuesday: Our washer and drier FINALLY arrived bright and early! We were so happy to finally get them! I was glad that David was still home when the deliverymen got there so that he could oversee that process and I didn't have to deal with it. Aubrey and I had lunch at Newk's with my dear friend, Gray. We have been friends forever but never see each other because she is in school at Mississippi State. Our's is one of those friendships that can just pick right back up where we left off though. Love that. After lunch Aubrey and I ran Christmas shopping errands again. When David got home we went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and then we went to Bass Pro shop for a Christmas gift.

Wednesday: I went to Wal-Mart with my mom to print out some pictures for Christmas gifts. My dad was off work and kept Aubrey for me. My mom and I ran all over town after we finished at Wal-Mart and I almost completed my Christmas shopping. David got to leave work early, so I took Aubrey home to him so she could take a nap. I then went to a few more stores and officially finished my Christmas shopping! Whoo! I went home and cooked dinner for the first time in forever! It was nice to finally cook again -- it made me feel more at home in my new house to actually use the kitchen.

Thursday: Christmas Eve! We went to my grandparents' for lunch and gift opening. We have done this every single year for as long as I can remember. Aubrey was well-behaved considering she only took a 20 minute nap in my lap all day. We went to our Christmas Eve service at church at 5. There is no nursery, so Aubrey made it through about 2 minutes of the service. We spent the rest of the time in the narthex with lots of other moms and kids. Aubrey saw a little visitor boy and decided she really liked him. She came on a little strong and scared him off. He literally went crying to his mama. I told Aubrey that we don't attack little boys with hugs and kisses the first time we meet them. How have I raised such an aggressive girl?! I told her her daddy would be horrified if he saw her behavior. Haha. Seriously, Aubrey LOVES other little kids. She went up and flung herself at a 4 year old little girl and just held onto her for dear life. She scared her too. I thought it was kind of precious though :) After church we went to David's parents' house fro dinner and to celebrate Christmas with them and his sister and her husband and baby. Aubrey loved playing with her little cousin, Caroline. She attacked her with kisses too, but thankfully Caroline was a good sport :)

Friday: Merry Christmas! Aubrey was exhausted from her big day the day before. She slept until 10:30!! I was pleasantly shocked! :) As soon as she got up we got ready and went over to my parents' house for Christmas. My brother just couldn't wait for us to open their gifts, so that was already done by the time we got there. It was ok though; we had fun watching Aubrey open her presents, and we gave everyone our gifts to open. We had a great lunch, and then we just hung out the rest of the day. Aubrey played, David took a little nap, I read... it was very low-key, but it was fun! We came home and put Aubrey to bed. She was exhausted again -- no nap at all that day!

Saturday: Aubrey slept late again -- yay! Maybe we should skip nap time every day! Ha! I went shopping all day -- we had some exchanges to make, and some gift cards burning holes in our pockets ;) We had a successful shopping day. David kept Aubrey at home with him so she could take a nap. After I got home, we went to dinner at Corner Bakery, went to Target, and Kroger. When we got home David's parents and sister and family came over to see our new house. There isn't much to see, but now they've seen the "before." Hopefully the next time they are in town they can see the "after." :) It was getting late and Aubrey had a full-blown meltdown while they were here. It was a bit embarrassing :/ Good thing they're family! We put her to bed as soon as they left and we haven't heard a peep since then. Hopefully she'll be in a better mood tomorrow!

So that was our Christmas week! Hopefully things will start to settle down from here on out. David gets this week off! I'm so glad! We are hoping to really make some progress on the house. Maybe we'll get our carpet installed?? We'll see... I'll be posting some pictures from Christmas soon! :)

No comments: