Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

I hope you've all had a blessed Christmas! Our Christmas has been a wonderful time of celebrating and being with family. Aubrey enjoyed her second Christmas! How is she old enough to have had two Christmases?? She racked up on cute clothes... I think we're set for the rest of the winter.

As I always do on Christmas night, I'm feeling a little sad that it's all over. I just LOVE the Christmas season. It's truly my favorite time of the year. So when I go to bed on Christmas night no matter how wonderful my Christmas was, I can't help but feel a little blue that it's all over until next year. You know what I mean? I realized today that the silver lining to not getting to decorate for Christmas this year is that I don't have to take Christmas decorations down! That's never something I enjoy. I thought of that when we were on our way to my parents house for lunch and we saw a Christmas tree by the curve. Why do some people do that?! I can't imagine spending Christmas morning taking down my Christmas tree!

Anyway, even though I'm a little sad that Christmas is over, I'm also filled to the brim with thankfulness. Thankful that Jesus humbled Himself enough to take on human form and be born in a lowly manger for me. Thankful that He lived a perfect life for me. Thankful that He went to the cross and died for me. Thankful that He rose again for me. Now that's something to celebrate all year long! He has also been SO good to me and my family. My cup truly is running over.

Christmas recaps will be coming soon! Stay tuned... it was a fun Christmas around here! :o)

No comments: