Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ingleside

If you've noticed the lack of posts the past several days it's because we haven't had internet access. We moved the computer to the new house a couple of days ago, leaving us with no internet at our old house.

Anyway... wow, what a crazy week we've had! I'm going to have to delay my Week in Review post for this week because frankly, there is no way I can remember what we did all week right now, and I have no clue where my planner is! But don't worry (ha!) I'll have the review post up soon. I definitely want to remember this week in case I ever get the itch to move again!! I think I'll title my post "DON'T DO IT!!!" Haha. I'm sorta just kidding...

We officially moved today. We still have stuff at our old house, but all of our furniture is at the new house. We'll be sleeping here for the first time tonight. Aubrey is already in bed and hasn't made a peep. Poor baby is exhausted since her crib was disassembled at nap time today. On top of the craziness from the move, she had a temperature of 102.8 tonight. Wonderful :(

It's such a weird feeling to be in our new house. I LOVE our house, and I'm so excited to have it. But it just doesn't feel like "home" yet. I wish you could see this house right now. It is CHAOTIC! We literally have furniture in the middle of every room of the house. Someone is coming to thoroughly clean the house on Monday (I'm not a "maid" person normally, but once I got in here and realized how dirty the house is, I decided it was a little more than I felt able to tackle.) so we can't start unpacking until after they clean. (They are coming to especially clean out all the cabinets. They are gross.) We are replacing the carpet, so we don't want to move furniture into rooms with carpet until after the carpet is replaced. It's just overwhelming. David and I will be sleeping on our mattress in the floor of our room until the carpet is replaced -- no use setting up the bed until then. I hate to sound whiny, especially since I got the house I wanted so much, but I'm just ready to feel like I'm at home. Our old house doesn't feel like home anymore either though. I just know we'll adjust quickly once we're able to unpack. I don't do well in messy clutter ;o)

On a brighter note, David and I have decided to christen our new house Ingleside as an ode to my love for Anne of Green Gables. David has started referring to our house as Ingleside (how cute is that??) and I can't help but laugh hysterically everytime he says it. I feel like Anne tonight... when she first moved to Ingleside she wasn't in love with it. As a matter of fact, she resented it. She felt that to fall in love with her new house would be a betrayal to her "House of Dreams." My feeling aren't that extreme, but I do understand how she felt :o) But just as Anne learned to love her Ingleside, I know that in no time I will love my Ingleside too, not just because it's a pretty house, but because it's home! :o)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

AAAAHHHHH an AOGG reference. You are my Diana.

I think I might call our next house Green Gables. Even though there's nothing green about it...and not really gables, per se?

I'm DYINNNNNGGG to see. :)

Sarah Denley said...

That last paragraph. Uh, can we just commit to homeschooling them together RIGHT now? I'm glad you decided to go ahead with the cleaning people; I think it will be well worth the money!

Jennifer said...

You just made me feel so much better! I had a break down last night because our house does not feel like a home after a month. I just cannot get it together and everything is so much harder with a little baby. Moving is hard! It will all be worth it though soon! Hang in there. Enjoy Ingleside.