Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Fun at the Park

It was such a gorgeous fall day today! The sun was shining and it was cool this morning but not cold. Aubrey and I met Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton at the park for a stroll and some chatting.

Aubrey slept until 9:15 (!!!) this morning, and I figured she would be in a great mood after sleeping so late. Wrong! She was a GRUMP when she woke up, but she perked right up when we got to the park. She's like her mama -- she likes to get out of the house! You can't tell from this picture, but Aubrey and Ann Peyton really were thrilled to be hanging out together at the park. They just have a different way of expressing their excitement ;o)By the way, when did my baby get so enormous?! Just look at her next to Ann Peyton -- she's HUGE! Yes, Ann Peyton is much younger, but I think it's official... I don't have a baby anymore. She is definitely a toddler. Sniff, sniff...
After strolling for a while, I decided to see how Aubrey liked the swings. She thought they were ok, but she wasn't overly impressed.
Doesn't she look like she's just having the time of her life?? It didn't help that the sun was shining right in her eyes. She looked so cute swinging back and forth like a big girl though.I think I pushed her a little too high at one point because she kind of freaked out and started crying like she was terrified. We called it quits after that, but I think she enjoyed it for a few minutes. Maybe next time we'll conquer the slide! :o)

Sarah Denley called me this evening to let me know that Ann Peyton has a fever of 102 now. Great. We've had a well streak, and it looks like someone is just determined to break it. Ha! Just kidding, OF COURSE! We're sorry our little friend is sick and hope she feels better soon!

2 comments:

i'm rachel said...

love those tights! i've seen several babies with them in the nursery and always think how utterly adorable they are! of course aubrey would be stylish! ok, i'm trying to figure out who she looks like! sometimes i think she looks just like david, but other times she has williams written all over her! what are yall thinking?

David Howie said...

She has my squint, the poor thing.