Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Verdict

Well, today was our big appointment with the ENT. It actually ended up being a bit anticlimactic. The doctor said that her ears do have lots of fluid. Getting the three shots like she did is about the most aggressive form of treatment for an ear infection there is. So, since that didn't completely clear up her ears, he said it's highly unlikely that they will get any better than they are right now without tubes. He did say that we can give her a while longer and just see how her ears do. Since we are just getting into the sick season, he said without tubes we will probably have a long, sick winter. But he said that having the fluid in her ears like she does now will not cause any long term damage. So as of now, the plan is to finish the antibiotic she is on right now and then see what happens. If she gets another ear infection anytime in the near future, I think we'll go with the tubes. The doctor said the kicker for him is the fact that she has fever right now. He said since she has no other visible signs of illness, it's probably related to her ears. If she has fever while on an antibiotic, that doesn't bode well for what will happen when she finishes the medicine... we'll see.

Anyway... we've been pretty busy the past couple of days. David and I have been entertaining the idea of maybe possibly moving in the not too distant future. Perhaps. Haha. We would stay in the same area that we live in now. We'd just be moving to a different house. We always planned for the house we live in now to be our "starter house" and move to our "family house" later to raise our kids. So anyway, we just have to figure out if now is a good time to make the move. I think the less kids we have when we move, the easier it will be. A Realtor is coming to look at our house tomorrow to tell us what we would need to do to put it on the market. Makes me nervous! Big decisions!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So many big things!

I know I've told you this, but my brother had tubes put in when he was a baby and it was life-changing for my mom and dad---haha! They didn't know what to do with a healthy non-ear-infected baby! So I think it would only help if that's what you decide to do.

Can't wait to hear about house stuff! And you don't have to do anything to that house to sell it---it's gorg!

Fran said...

We interviewed three realtors: one said to spend tens of thousands and change everything. He made me cry, and he knew it! One said to rip out all the landscaping and start fresh. One said do nothing but clean the carpets.

We just scrubbed, did a major de-clutter, painted the master bedroom, and completely cleaned out all the guestroom closets. When people came to look at it, I left all the lights on, music playing, and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on the table. Our house sold in 26 days.

So if this realtor doesn't rub you the right way, find another and always go with your gut.

Only the best of luck!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I agree - the less kids you have when you move the better. We are in the process of moving right now and it's been hard. Our house has been on the market for 3 months. It's a beautiful house and we have done so much. Also, it's listed WAY less than we bought it for. Luckily, my husband's company takes the loss and not us. It's a great time to buy but can be hard to sell. I am not trying to scare you just wish we had known this when we made the decision to move. Aubrey is old enough that you can leave more easily during showings too. Best of luck! I have learned things never get easier so just do it when the time is right for you.