Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home Improvements

Well, the Realtor came by this afternoon to look at our house. It was pretty painless, thankfully. She said our house is "pristine." Haha, she must not have looked too closely, but it was nice to hear. She said we need to pressure wash the outside of the house, fix up the backyard a little (basically impossible with our crazy dog, but we'll try), and declutter the office. None of these things surprised me, so that was nice. I think we'll probably go ahead and put our house on the market and just see what happens. We know now is not the best time to sell a house, so we don't have unrealistic expectations of it selling in a week or anything. The good news is that we don't have to move right now. If we put our house on the market and it doesn't sell, we can just take it off the market and wait a while to move. The only problem is that I've found another house that I LOVE. It's got everything we need, most of what we want, and it's in our price range! A rare combination :o) I'm trying not to get too attached though. I'm sure if it doesn't work out, something better will come along... that's what I'm telling myself.

With all of the talk about our house, I thought now would be a good time to post some pictures of some home improvements we've done recently.

Here are the cabinets that I tea stained a while back. I still have some touching up to do, but this gives you the basic idea:
Remember when I went to Easly Amused with Ashley?? Well, my painting now has a home:
And finally, my new drapes! My sweet grandmother made these for me and did a fantastic job.

I realized I don't have any pictures where you can see how the drapes actually look in the room. I'll have to take some!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the cabinets! Maybe you could do a step by step tutorial for me because I would need it! Good Luck with your house! It will all work out.