Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shopping!

When I gave my recap from our fabulous date night, I forgot to mention my new favorite store:I LOVE this store. It's full of cheap, costume type jewelry -- my kind of place!! I'm definitely all about the cheap jewelry! I'd rather have a lot of cheap jewelry that a few really nice pieces. Charming Charlies has so much stuff that it is kind of overwhelming! I felt able to take it on though, and I limited myself to only one necklace purchase. It's a super cute necklace, and it will go with everything :o) I'm so glad to have discovered this store!

I also bought a new diaper bag this weekend. I'm having it monogrammed, so I'll post pictures when it's done. I've had the same diaper bag since Aubrey was born, and it's seen better days. I feel like we've finally gotten to the point where we don't have to pack everything but the kitchen sink in the diaper bag when we leave the house, so I was able to do something exciting in my new diaper bag purchase: downsize! :o) The new bag is actually pretty small -- David is worried it's going to be too small to be functional, but I don't think it will. The verdict is still out since we haven't had a chance to take it for a trial run. Ha! The things you talk about/think about after you become parents... life is really exciting around here, if you haven't already picked up on that!

In other news, I heard Michelle Duggar is pregnant with number 19!! All I can say is wow. I wonder if you ever get to the point where you're desensitized to that positive pregnancy test?? After seeing 19 of them, I wonder if they still get that thrill?? I hope they do... there is nothing like it.

3 comments:

David Howie said...

Since your new necklace "will go with everything" you won't need to get any more, right?

Haha.

Jennifer said...

I've never heard of Charming Charlie... but I can't wait to check it out. I need jewelry something FIERCE! It is at Renaissance?

Anonymous said...

Carrie! I am SO glad you mentioned this store on your blog! I drove by one in dallas yesterday and would never have given it a second thought if not for you! i am in LOVE with it! i spent over an hour in there looking around -- so happy! i have a great store for us to go to when you guys come to dallas, feel free to make a list if there are more but you must go to sam moon with me!!
-Sarah T.