Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Memory Lane

Since we're counting down to Aubrey's first birthday on Saturday, I've been feeling a little sentimental and rereading some of my old posts leading up to her birth. Today I just happened to go back and read this post. It was the last post I wrote before Aubrey was born, and it was one year ago today! Crazy! I remember being SO excited to have set a date to be induced... I fully expected to have to be induced. I mean, I had read that first babies RARELY come early. Well, now we know the rest of the story... I wasn't induced after all. My sweet baby decided to come all on her own on the 12th instead of the 17th -- she had a mind of her own even back then! In some ways I feel so far removed from pregnancy. It's hard to believe that this time last year I was pregnant. I have such fond memories of my pregnancy. I really had a fantastic pregnancy. I think there is just something so sweet about your first pregnancy. Since I only have one child I don't know for sure, but I just assume that my next pregnancies just won't be the same. No less of a miracle, but just less time to cherish every kick and new experience. I don't know... hopefully I'm wrong :o) I'm just happy that I truly cherished my pregnancy with Aubrey. What an awesome privileged to have God knit and form a child in your womb! Ok, thanks for bearing with the sappiness ;o)

We've kind of had a rough day here today. Aubrey just wouldn't sleep. I tried from 2-4:30 to get her to take an afternoon nap. She wasn't having it! She was so exhausted though. Don't you just hate that? She finally slept for about 30 minutes. Tonight she's been sleeping really restlessly so far. She keeps waking up fussing. I don't know what the deal is, but I hope she's able to settle! Otherwise, this is going to be a LONG night...

4 comments:

Sarah Denley said...

seriously, this almost had me crying, such a sweet post! i know she's exhausted, hoping for a good night's rest for y'all!

Jennifer said...

Great post! I feel the same way like pregnancy was so long ago. It's hard to even remember as really little.

caroline said...

hi its caroline i love your blog when i read the post about you putting Aubrey to bed but you didnt want to miss 18 kids in counting i laughed i am the same way i watch it every Tuesday i cant believe they are pregnant with number 19 i went to their blog and saw the video where they annonced it

Carrie said...

Thanks for commenting, Caroline! I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog :o) I watched the video where the Duggars announced their pregnancy too -- pretty crazy, huh?? ;o)