Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor of Love

Whew! It's been a long day! I thought Labor Day was supposed to be a day off! Not so around here. Since we're having Aubrey's birthday party at home (this Saturday!!) we used today to try to finish up some projects that we started a while back but have never completed. I started staining our kitchen cabinets months ago and haven't ever finished them. They were looking good to begin with, but I've really felt like I'm in a time crunch lately (because I am!) and I got a little sloppy toward the end today. They are finished for the most part -- we ran out of stain today. I'm going to try to just take a deep breath and call it quits, but knowing me I'll see things that HAVE to be touched up, and I'll end up going to buy more stain. I told David this is not the paint technique for perfectionists like me. I just see every little flaw. I'm trying to just let it go though. It's probably for the best that I was in such a time crunch. If not for Aubrey's party, I would probably just have finished them whenever we decide to sell our house. Haha. Sad, sad. I will post pictures when I decide that they're really, truly FINISHED!

On top of all the things we were trying to get done today, Aubrey decided to take short naps. Of course that meant she was tired and cranky. Tonight she cried when we put her to bed. I had to go comfort her twice. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. I hope she sleeps through the night. Maybe she's teething?? Haha. STILL no teeth as of yet! :o)

PS -- Nathalie, if you're reading this, I responded to your comment in the comments section of my last post! I wanted to be sure you saw it :o)

2 comments:

The Brokaws said...

Can't wait to hear about the party!

Jennifer said...

Did she sleep? Evie woke up a lot. I said it was teeth - HA! We say that for everything around here. She was making cries different than her usual so who knows. Your cabinets must look so good. Can't wait to see pics.