Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Christmas Village

Today I learned something new. I learned how to make petit fours! We had a class this morning at our church to benefit The Christmas Village. They have a wonderful ministry for women facing crisis pregnancies. They strongly believe in the sanctity of life, and so I was excited to take this petit four class and support their ministry. Let me just tell you... making petit fours is complicated!! There are about a thousand steps and I have to go out and buy special vanilla extract and spatulas and sheet pans... whew! I think it may be cheaper to just buy them already made! Haha. Not really. Anyway, it's pretty complicated, but I'm definitely going to give it a try.

The petit fours were delicious, so if any of you local folks need petit fours for your next shower or party I would strongly recommend Village Confections. They operate in support of The Christmas Village. The women staying at The Christmas Village are required to volunteer at least 20 hours a week at Village Confections in return for room and board. In addition to wonderful petit fours, Village Confections also serve beignets on Saturday mornings. How fun is that?? I haven't been to try any beignets yet, but I want to :o)

Anyway, I just wanted to share this neat ministry with yall. I'll keep you posted on my petit four experiments. If any of you need any petit fours, let me know and I can whip up a batch for you! Ha! Kidding.

No comments: