Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aubrey's checkup

I took Aubrey to the doctor for her 6 week checkup yesterday. Everything was great! The doctor said she was perfect. She weighs 10lbs, 8oz and is 22 inches long! I was happy to hear that my baby is growing so well! It really helps set my mind at ease to know that she's gaining weight like she should be since breastfeeding started out so rocky.

Aubrey's baby acne is clearing up, thankfully. Unfortunately, now her face is just extremely dry and flaky. The doctor looked at her face and said she could tell that Aubrey has very sensitive skin. She said typically fair skinned babies have the most sensitive skin. Aubrey is definitely fair! David and I are both really fair, so the poor baby didn't stand a chance to not be pasty white. ;o)

Time seems to be going by so fast. I can't believe she is 6 weeks old already. She's been smiling lately, and it is so precious. It literally melts my heart. She can hold her head up pretty well, but she doesn't have much control yet. She's sleeping for longer stretches at night. On a good night, she'll go 4-4 1/2 hours between feedings. She's still not on any kind of schedule though. I've never been much of a schedule person myself, but I would like to work toward some kind of schedule with her. Nothing too rigid. But how in the world do you even begin to get a baby on a schedule? I have no clue.

So there's your weekly dose of Aubrey! She gets more adorable by the day! Tomorrow it's my turn to go to the doctor for my 6 week checkup. Not too excited about that. But it will be nice to get it over with. Wish me luck! :o)

1 comment:

KTElltt said...

What a sweet girl! I love those first baby smiles... The breastfeeding thing was rocky with Carter at the beginning too and the child was the fattest baby in the world. The good news is, now you've struggled through and you'll know what you're doing the next go 'round. Good luck at the doctor! :)