Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update on Aubrey's checkup

Aubrey's 2 week checkup yesterday went really well! Like I said in my last post, she weighed 7lbs, 3oz at birth, and 6lbs, 13oz when she was 4 days old. Well, yesterday she weighed 7lbs, 8oz! I was so happy and relieved. It was an answer to prayer. So I guess nursing is working after all.

Everything else looked good too. The doctor said she was "perfect." I'm just so thankful that my baby is healthy! She will go back to the doctor when she is 6 weeks old. The same week I go for my 6 week postpartum checkup. That will be a fun week. (I'm being sarcastic - I hate going to the doctor myself, and I was just as nervous about taking Aubrey yesterday as I am when I go myself.) So thanks for your prayers for a good report from the doctor. All is well.

1 comment:

KTElltt said...

What did I say??? :) I remember all that first-time anxiety and then hearing how great the nursing was going. Glad you've gained some confidence. Keep on trucking!!! Great job!!!