Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update from doctors appointment and other happenings

Well, I went to the doctor today and found out that I do not have gestational diabetes!! I was very glad to hear that, needless to say. I had to drink this EXTREMELY sugary drink and have my blood drawn and tested an hour later. Nothing much to it. Everything else is great too. I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks, and after that I'll start going every 2 weeks. Hard to believe I'll already be to that point.

We went to our childbirth class last night. It was good... although I think those classes scare me more than reassure me. They showed us another video. I mean, I know what goes on in childbirth, but I don't want to see it!!! Every time they show something gross, I bury my face in David's shoulder and he tells me when it's over. I'm sure everyone in the class thinks I'm extremely immature and will never be able to survive childbirth. Well, I say when I'm giving birth, at least I won't have to see anything nasty. Ha! (Let me just say, I think the way God designed a woman's body to be able to give birth is a beautiful thing, I just don't do well with blood and pain. That's what I mean by "gross" and "nasty." What can I say, I'm a wimp!) Anyway, last night we learned breathing techniques and different ways to help us relax. She also taught us how to push, but told us NOT TO TRY IT until the doctor or nurse instructs us to do so in labor. I wasn't planning on practicing my pushing anyway, but I guess there are some that would go home and try it if she didn't say that.

Something exciting happened today. OUR BEDDING CAME IN!!! It's so precious. I love it! I haven't taken it out of the bedding bag for pictures, but as soon as I take some pictures I will post them. We might start painting this weekend. I've decided that I want to install wainscoting on the bottom of the room, so hopefully that won't be too hard. Poor David. I'm great at creating more work for him ;-) BUT, I did tell him that we didn't have to do the wainscoting if it was too complicated, and he said he wanted to. He liked the idea too. We've taken some "Before" pictures of the nursery that I need to post. I'll do a picture post soon. :0)

3 comments:

KTElltt said...

YAY! I want to come over and see the nursery when it's finished! Can that be arranged?

I honestly think you should just do some of your own research on epidurals, pushing, etc. Not that the class isn't good -- especially for first timers! And it lets the dad learn a lot too. But the best thing you can do is go in educated so you can make wise choices...

Carrie said...

Yes, I think that can be arranged. I'll be giving tours.. No, just kidding, but you're welcome to come over anytime! :)

I do plan on researching labor stuff myself. Knowing me, I'll over research it! Although, I'm sure everything I learn will go out the window when I'm in extreme pain.

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to see it- and if you still need help getting anything done when i come...you know i want to help!! see yall soon:)-rachel