Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Exciting News!

So, as you know, today was our big day! I woke up very early today, so excited and anxious I couldn't sleep. Those who know me know that it takes a lot to keep me from sleeping! I just really hoped that everything would work out and that the baby would look healthy.

We got to the doctors office and had to wait FOREVER. Or so it seemed. Finally we were called back. The sonogram was wonderful. It was amazing to see our little baby again. The baby has really grown since our last sonogram 9 weeks ago. Last time, the baby looked like a peanut. This time, you could clearly see a precious little person. We saw little arms and legs. Even toes! We could clearly see the spine, heart, and brain. We saw lots of other organs too, but they weren't as easy to identify for our untrained eyes! The lady doing the sonogram said the baby looked great and there were no red flags. We were so happy and thankful. God is so good!

Now on to the exciting part. The lady got a good shot between the baby's legs. Frankly, I couldn't tell the gender at all. But the lady said it was almost a textbook shot. She said there was NO DOUBT that our baby is a...........





GIRL!!!!!!


We are so thrilled!! I am extremely excited to be having a little girl, even though I was convinced we were having a boy. I said I would gladly admit if I was wrong, so I admit it. I was wrong, and David was right. He was very excited to win a bet against me for the first time ;-) I am just excited that I get to buy all the girly things now. Our little girl is going to have lots of dresses and bows!

I pray that we will be able to raise our daughter (it's still so weird to say that!) to be a woman of character and integrity, and that she will realize early that true beauty comes from within. I pray that she will have a gentle and quiet spirit, and come to know Jesus at an early age. I pray that her most important goal in life would be to bring honor and glory to Him. I also hope that I can have a close relationship with her. I have a special relationship with my mom, and I would love to have that same relationship with my daughter. Maybe when she grows up and realizes I'm not the biggest loser on the face of the earth, we can be best friends... or better yet, maybe she'll never go through a stage where she thinks her parents are stupid. :)

I didn't mean to get all mushy there. Everyone has been really excited for us. It was cute to see my little brothers' reaction. They were hoping for a little niece. I'm glad I didn't disappoint them. I have three little brothers, so a little girl is kind of a novelty in the Williams household.

Oh, her name is Aubrey, by the way. Aubrey Noel Howie. We have pictures to post soon. We haven't scanned them yet. But we'll post them ASAP since yall must be dying to see our beautiful little girl! :)

5 comments:

KTElltt said...

as i said before, what a beautiful name!!!! i'm sure she will be precious and sweet and i look forward to raising our children together. what a special time! :)

Joy and Chris said...

I was SO excited to hear the news about your little girl!! What a surprise! I can't wait to see her pictures!! and buy her some cute girly things! We'll have to do some shopping while y'all are here next weekend...

The Williams Family said...

The news was just wonderful. We are all so excited here. John, Michael and Joel are SOOO excited about a niece. David's mom and I were especially blessed to be able to be there and find out with Carrie and David that the baby is a girl. It was a wonderful experience and I'm thankful for being able to be there. I can't wait to go shopping!! I have to admit reading Carrie's blog today did make me teary-eyed. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and son-in-law. I love you both!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you both. And your sweet comments made me tear up!! You will be an awesome mom!! Cristen McClure

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name! ;)