Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekly Highlights

Well, it's been quite a while since I've done any kind of week in review or weekly highlights post. That's partly because I just don't really have the time to consistently write these posts anymore, and partly because our life is pretty low-key right now, and our weeks (and days) are very repetitive. But I do still want to do little recaps from time to time to to document what life is like in each season. Last week was "winter break" at Aubrey and Jude's school, so our week was a little different than usual. We still had homeschool assignments to get done, but they didn't go to school two days like normal. I've also gotten really lazy lately about transferring pictures to the computer. I know it's been ages since I've posted any pictures. I'm going to try to do better about that.... next post ;)

We went to church and Sunday school on Sunday. We ate lunch at home, and then we put Alaina down for a nap for the first time in her new big girl bed. It was also a new room. AND we got rid of her paci (finally!). So, lots of changes. I'm going to blog about that process soon. We went back to church that night.... we've started putting Francie in the nursery recently! She does great in the nursery, and it's nice to be able to sit through church again. We ate dinner at Jason's Deli.

Monday ended up being a busy day! When I got up, I fixed the kids breakfast, showered, got ready, made all the beds, straightened the house, and got the kids dressed. By the time I do that everyday, the morning is gone. Then my friend Gray came over for a visit. She brought Newk's for lunch, and we had fun catching up. She was getting married that weekend, so I was glad that I got to see her before she moves out of state :) After she left, I put the kids down for rest time and tried (unsuccessfully) to get Francie to take a nap. David came home early that afternoon so that I could take Francie to the doctor for her 4 month checkup without having to take the other kids. Francie's checkup went really well! We stopped by Kroger on the way home, and then David left as soon as I walked in the door to go teach karate. I cooked dinner, and we ate when he got home. The rest of the evening consisted of getting everyone to bed :)

Tuesday was fun! David and I had been wanting to go on a date, and when we looked at the calendar, we saw that it was going to have to happen on a week day if we wanted to do it anytime soon (and avoid Valentine's Day crowds). So, we planned to go that afternoon. My mom was keeping the kids, and her one request was that we be home before bedtime. Haha! Originally, David and I were going to see Unbroken, but it was only playing at night, so that was out. We ended up just getting coffee (well, I did... David isn't a coffee drinker) and then walking around an outdoor mall for a while and doing a little shopping. David's dream date.... ;) No, we just enjoyed being together without the kids for a while :) We got dinner at Amerigo, which was great as always. We got home just in time to put the kids to bed. They had fun while we were gone.

We finally had a normal, low-key day on Wednesday.We had some catching up to do for school, so we worked on that for a while that morning. Francie took her morning nap in her bed in her room, which was nice. That afternoon, the kids napped and I got ready for church that night. We went to church and had pizza for dinner. I taught the 4 and 5 year olds which ended up just being Aubrey and Jude that night. Haha! David had a discipleship group that night, so I had to take the kids home and get them to bed by myself. That's not the easiest, but I got it done.... Alaina was still going strong when David got home. :-/ She passed out shortly thereafter, thankfully.

We did more school on Thursday morning, and I got some cleaning done around the house afterwards. The kids had rest time that afternoon, and when they got up, I got everyone ready because we were going to dinner for my brother's birthday. David got home in time to help me load the kids up, and then we met my family and my grandparents at Roosters. We had a lot of fun! We got the kids right to bed when we got home.

During the wee hours of the morning on Friday, Aubrey got croup. so it was a long night. I was glad for another uneventful day. It was more of the same... see what I mean about our days getting repetitive? We did our school assignments that morning, and then we just hung out at home. The kids watched a movie and played. I got ready that afternoon because I was going to church for Gray's rehearsal since I'm the wedding coordinator's assistant. The rehearsal was long.... it just took a little while to get everyone lined up in a way that looked right, but we finally figured it out :) When I got home, David had ordered pizza and they had already eaten. I ate and talked to David, and then we got the kids to bed. David and I were too tired to watch a movie after some rough night this week, so we went to bed early,

After we got up and got everyone ready, we went to breakfast at Primos on Saturday morning. It was fun to get out together! We went in two cars because I had to go by the church and unlock the door for the florist. So Aubrey and I left breakfast and went and did that, and then we went to Joann's to get some fabric for our kitchen chair cushions. It was PAST time to recover them. Haha! When we got home, I made a grocery list, and then I went to Whole Foods. David recovered my chairs while I was at the grocery store and the kids were napping :) I got ready for the wedding when I got home, and then I left. I had to be there early to help, and everything went really well! The wedding was beautiful! After it was over, my friend who is the wedding coordinator and I had to make sure everything was cleaned up and then wait for the florist to take the decorations down. We were finally able to leave to go to the reception and I rode with her and her husband. The reception was fun but super crowded! They had a great band. I got food and mingled a little bit, and then I was ready to get home. David had stayed home with the kids, and wedding receptions aren't nearly as much fun without him there... I like to have someone to latch onto in big crowds like that or I feel weird. David is a wall flower too, but at least we can be wall flowers together. Haha! Anyway, I ended up getting a ride back to church (and my car) with some other friends who were leaving. When I got home, the kids were in bed, and I told David all about the wedding and then we went to bed :)

No comments: