Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekly Highlights

Last week was a good week. Fairly uneventful compared to some of our recent weeks. It's actually getting kind of frustrating to have uneventful weeks because we are just ready to get the show on the road and move already! At this point, we're pretty much just waiting on our fence in the backyard. We're supposed to get that scheduled this week.

Sunday was church and Sunday school, as usual. We had to leave Sunday school a few minutes early to have a picture taken of our family. Our church is doing a new picture directory, and two of our members who know how to use their cameras are taking all of the pictures :) Our kids were surprisingly cooperative, and I think we got some good shots. We came home and ate spaghetti for lunch, and then we napped before going back to church that evening. We ate dinner at Jason's Deli that night.

Aubrey had school on Monday. The little kids and I had a fun day together while she was at school! We ate lunch at McAlister's, and then we went to Lowes and got some paint for the new house. After that, we went to the library and checked out some new books. We still had a few minutes to kill before picking Aubrey up from school, so I pushed the kids over to the park (in their stroller of course), and we walked for a few minutes. We then got Aubrey from school and came home for naps. I cooked fish tacos for dinner that evening, and we watched Dancing with the Stars until David got home. I read my Bible study chapter before going to bed.

Tuesday was a crazy day! We got ready that morning, and I dropped Aubrey off at Spanish. Jude, Alaina, and I then went to church for Bible study. My friend Anna brought Aubrey back to church after Spanish, so I didn't have to rush out to get her. It was a good thing, because I found out we had a showing that afternoon. That kind of messed up my plans for the day. My mom was planning on coming over after lunch to watch the kids while I went to paint Aubrey's room in our new house. But I now had to get the house show ready before I could go paint. I fixed the kids' lunch when we got home and then got busy. My mom came over and watched the kids while I cleaned. She then put them down for naps, and I left. (The showing was at 4, so my mom got the kids up and left the house with them for the showing.) I got started painting around 2. I painted and painted and painted some more. David came over that afternoon to help, and we ended up running out of paint. I ran to Lowes for another gallon and we kept on painting until about 7. At that point, we were almost out of paint again and we were starving. We didn't get finished with the whole room, though :(
David and I went to Jaco's Tacos and got some dinner, and then we headed home. The kids were already in bed, but Jude was waiting up because he had a "surprise" for us - my grandmother had cut his hair! He really needed it, and he looked so cute!! We were so thankful that my mom had kept our kids basically ALL day while we got some work done.

We took Aubrey to school on Wednesday morning, and then we went to the park. We walked for a while, and then Jude and Alaina played. For a while, we had the park to ourselves, and it was so nice!
We came home and ate lunch, and I took a shower and got ready. We picked Aubrey up from school, and then we came home for naps. We had to wake Alaina up because we needed to be at church early for a meeting that David had to attend. We ate dinner at church, and then David and I went to a once monthly book discussion that we signed up for. It was good.... but VERY intellectual. The group is mostly seminary students, and at one point, I looked at David and was like, "What are we doing in here?" Haha! Anyway, after that, I went to Whole Foods with some people for coffee. My mom drove me home afterwards.

Thursday morning was an uneventful day at home. We haven't had one of those in a while, so it was nice :) The kids watched a movie, and I did some cleaning. We played outside for a while and ate lunch at home. I got the kids down for naps and made some pizza dough for our dinner. I then got ready and got the kids up to go to tutoring. My mom was going to a banquet that evening with my dad, so she was at the church, too. After I finished tutoring, my mom watched the kids while I ran to Whole Foods to get some pepperoni for our pizza. Alaina insisted on going with me... well, actually, she wanted to go with me, so I took her out to the car. But when I was putting her in her carseat, she changed her mind and said she wanted to "play." So, I took her back inside, but she clung to me and cried when I tried to put her down. So, I took her back outside to the car. Again, she protested and didn't want to get in her carseat. No, m'am. We're not playing this game. I strapped her in and she eventually got over the injustice of it ;) We got our groceries, and by the time we got back to church, David was finished teaching karate. I grabbed his keys and drove home to cook our pizza. He got home with the kids a few minutes after me. We ate dinner and then bathed the kids and put them to bed. I watched Call the Midwife that night.

Friday was going to be another uneventful day at home. But then I found out that we were going to have a showing at 3:00. I hate it when showings are right in the middle of the afternoon like that. I know I shouldn't complain about showings (goodness knows, we need them!), but I'll be SO glad when I don't have to plan an entire day around a showing anymore. I'll also be glad when I don't have to make my kids take down their "tents" and "houses" for showings. Or maybe I'll miss the excuse to make them clean up their rooms? Haha!
So, I ended up spending the whole morning and early afternoon cleaning. We were doing great on time, but then the people showed up 15 minutes early. Ugh. I rushed us out the door, and we went to Target. We just walked around for a long time and got a few necessities.
David got home shortly after we did. We hung out at home for a little while, and then we went to Mugshots for dinner. We ate outside and had a great evening together. We came home and did a little yardwork and then put the kids to bed. David and I watched Sherlock that night - we only have one episode left to watch :(

David dropped the kids off at his parents' house on Saturday morning, and then he went to the new house to get some work done. I got up and went to the new house, too. David was working on putting up lattice around the bottom of the deck and I was painting a bookshelf. Unfortunately, I ran out of paint before I could finish. And David didn't get done before it was time to go get the kids for lunch and naps. It kind of felt like we had wasted our time, but I know every little bit helps. On my way home, I went to Lowes and got MORE paint for Aubrey's room (that's THREE gallons) and then I went to Kroger. When I got home, the kids were having rest time, and David went outside to cut the grass. I went outside and started pulling weeds, and then we got the kids up and they joined us outside. This girl didn't have a care in the world in an outfit she picked out herself and a basket of flowers in hand :)
That evening, we grilled streaks for dinner. We bathed the kids and put them to bed.

No comments: