Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekly Highlights

Well, our week was pretty much the opposite of the one before on the busyness scale :) We were pretty busy all week, but it was fun! The busyness of our week is the reason for the lack of blogging, though. We are supposed to close on our new house this week, so I don't see things slowing down for a while!

We had a normal morning at church and Sunday School on Sunday. I cooked salmon for lunch when we got home. We napped and then went back to church that night. We ate Newk's for dinner on the way home from church.

Aubrey went to school on Monday, and Jude, Alaina, and I just stayed home. This was definitely our most uneventful day of the week. I had to wake Alaina up from her nap to go get Aubrey that afternoon. When we got home, the kids played and I cooked dinner. David came home for dinner that night, and then he bathed the kids while I watched the Dancing with the Stars premier :) I read my Bible study homework before bed.

Tuesday morning, I dropped Aubrey off at her Spanish class, and then Jude, Alaina, and I went to church for Bible study. It was good! Our realtor texted me during Bible study letting me know we would be having a showing that afternoon. Our house was a mess, so I rushed home and cleaned while the kids napped. I had to wake Alaina up again to get out of the house in time :( So glad these days of showings are almost behind us! During the showing, we went to Target. My mom met us there. She had bought Frozen for the kids as a surprise, and she came back home with us and watched it with them. Aubrey was SO excited! :)
After the movie went off, we all went and met my brothers for dinner. (David had a deacon's meeting at church that evening, and my dad had something going on, too.) We went to a Mexican restaurant and had fun! By the time we got home, it was bedtime. I got everyone to bed and read until David got home.

Aubrey had school again on Wednesday, and after we dropped her off, the little kids and I went to the park and walked. I let them play for a little while after our walk, and then we came home. I got ready so that we could get out of the house.
I wanted Alaina to nap after we picked Aubrey up from school because I didn't want to have to wake her up again, and delaying naptime just works better if we're out and about. So, we went to lunch at Beagel Bagel. I've really gotten to where I enjoy going to lunch with just my kids sometimes. It's a good opportunity for me to interact with them without the distractions that I have at home (like trying to get stuff done while they're sitting still.... hahah). After lunch, we went to Ross and I tried on a few dresses. It was then time to pick Aubrey up, and Alaina was fading fast. I put them down for rest as soon as we got home. We still ended up having to wake Alaina up for church, but at least she got to sleep longer than she would have if she had napped before. We had a good evening at church, and we came home for bedtime.
Alaina getting a little ride from Uncle "Mike Mike." :)
Thursday was a crazy day! I wanted to go to a consignment sale that morning, and my mom offered to go with me to help with the kids. They did fine while we were there, but the line was SO long and slow, and Alaina got really restless while we were waiting. We finally got out of there, and we all went to meet Rebekkah, who was in town, at Keifer's for lunch. It had been a while since I had seen her, so I was excited to catch up! Things were going well at first. But then my mom went to take Aubrey to the bathroom, and Alaina ended up tipping her chair over and scraping her head (it was totally my fault... I should have moved over to sit by Alaina while my mom was gone). It scared both me and Alaina to death. She was wailing and crying, and I couldn't tell if she was just upset or really hurt. I took her to the bathroom and calmed her down. I thought we were in the clear, but when we got back out to our table, she started up again and would NOT calm down. I had barely taken two bites of my food, but I knew I just needed to get Alaina out of there so I could see if she was ok. I was sad that I didn't get more time to catch up with Rebekkah and I was also sad that I didn't get to eat my lunch (haha!), but of course my baby comes first. Thankfully, as soon as we got Alaina away from all the people and put her in the car, she calmed down and was fine.
Her poor head looked pitiful, though. It really did look worse than it actually was. It's really more of a scrape than a gash, and it didn't bleed much at all. By the time I got my mom back to her car and got us home, Alaina was fine and ready to eat. Ha! She was LATE getting down for her nap, and I knew I needed to let her sleep (especially after having to wake her up everyday that week), so we skipped tutoring that afternoon. She was able to get a good nap and was very happy when she woke up.
I cooked dinner that evening, and then David bathed the kids before bed.

Friday was another busy day. There was another consignment sale that I wanted to go to, so my mom came over around lunchtime to watch the kids. I went to the sale, and I found some good stuff! Once again, though, the line was CRAZY long. Aubrey and I were supposed to go to a play at her school that afternoon, and I kept looking at the time tick by wondering if I was going to have to put my stuff down and leave. Thankfully, I finally got up to pay in time.... I was cutting it REAL close, though! I told my mom to have Aubrey ready to go as soon as I pulled in the driveway. Ha! I literally walked inside, got Aubrey, and walked back out. We enjoyed the play, though! It was The Emperor's New Clothes, and it was cute!!
When we got home, Jude and Alaina were just getting up from their naps. My mom visited for a while, and then David got home.
Jude put this puzzle together by himself and was so proud :)
My mom left, and we went to eat dinner at Corner Bakery. We put the kids to bed when we got home. We had another showing the next day, so we cleaned that evening before bed.

David took the kids to his parents' house for breakfast on Saturday morning, and I got up and finished getting ready for the showing. I then just got in the car in my pajamas. Ha! I drove to McDonalds to get coffee and sat in a parking lot drinking it and playing on my phone. Fun times ;) When I got home, I took our dog for a walk/jog, and then I took a shower and got ready. David and the kids got home about that time. David did more packing, we fed the kids lunch and put them down for naps, and I made a grocery list. I went to Kroger, and then my mom and grandmother came over to get a desk that's been in our garage that I didn't want anymore and was giving to my grandmother. After they left, I cooked dinner, and we ate outside. It was SUCH a nice evening.
We bathed the kids and got them to bed, and then David and I watched an episode of Sherlock.... and then half of another episode because it ended on a cliff hanger, and I HAD to know what happened. Ha! It was way too late when we went to bed, and then the kids had an AWFUL night. All three of them were up at least once and some more than once. Ugh. Needless to say, we were a little tired for church the next morning :-/

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Hi Carrie!

Exciting that you're thinking wallpaper in the new house! Wallpapering was definitely a fun experience; messy and tricky in spots but very satisfying in the end! Having the right tools helps get the job done (we ended up having to run to the store to get a sharper knife and a better straight edge to make nicer cuts). Also, if you choose a dark wallpaper then I would recommend getting a bit of colour-matched paint for touch-ups. I found the colour would sometimes rub off in spots where the wall was uneven, and crooked cuts showed a lot more with dark against light.

Haha, I'm sure Jessica will eventually catch on to Emily's "tricks". Though since the beginning, Jessica has had a generous heart, giving and offering her favourite toys/food to anyone!

p.s. I only wish we could have a picnic outdoors!! We still have ice and snow on our deck. :p