Friday, February 14, 2014

Randoms

Just a little Friday randomness...

-We had our home inspection on our current house on Tuesday. It took forever. It was supposed to start at 10, and we were told it would be over by 1:30. We ran some errands that morning, and then we had lunch with David. We headed home a little after 1:30, and our driveway was still full of cars. So, we drove around the neighborhood. And our driveway was still full of cars. So, we drove around some more and finally went and parked at Kroger. It was almost 3:00 before our house was finally our own again. Oh my word. If I had known it was going to take that long, I definitely would have made other plans! When it took so long, I was worried that was a bad sign, but we heard everything went well and there are no major issues with the house. We haven't gotten the official inspection report or the list of things the buyers want us to repair, but we are so thankful that everything is going smoothly so far!

-The inspection on our new house went fine, too. The house has been renovated, so there was a list of things that were done a bit sloppily and needed to be corrected. It wasn't anything major, and thankfully the seller agreed to fix it all. We are still talking to the seller about some work that needs to be done on a retaining wall in the backyard, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to reach an agreement on that. It needs to happen soon since we're supposed to close in just a little over two weeks!!

-I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about the prospect of a new house to decorate ;) I love that moving gives you an opportunity to kind of wipe the slate clean and start over. (Within reason - I'll obviously still have the same furniture, but thankfully most of it is neutral now.) I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't sad about the prospect of saying goodbye to the house we live in now. I really do love so many things about this house, and it's so bittersweet to leave. Some days I'm excited, and other days I'm scared to death that we're crazy to leave a house that we love in a good area. We really feel like this is what the Lord has lead us to do, though, so that brings me a great sense of peace.

-Y'all, Alaina's birthday is coming up in just a couple of weeks!!! How is my baby going to be TWO? I really am not usually the mom who gets sad about her kids' birthdays, but I have a lot of emotions going into this birthday. They mainly have to do with the fact that my youngest child is going to be two and there isn't another baby on the horizon that we know of. (Now, granted, the wonderful/scary thing about adoption is that babies kind of come out of the blue. So, there very well could be a baby on the horizon. Please, Lord.) I've never had a two year old without having another baby, and I have to admit that I'm not real fond of the idea now either. This topic deserves its own post, so I'll leave it at that for now. I will say that I LOVE the stage Alaina is in right now. She's talking so much, and she is just such a joy. We all love our baby so much. I can't wait to experience "two" with her! :)

-I got a new double stroller, and I'm SO excited!! When Jude was born, we just bought a cheap-o Grace double. I was desperate to be able to get out of the house with my two kids, and I didn't think I needed a "nice" double stroller. I mean, as long as I could strap two babies into it and it had wheels, that was all that mattered, right? Well.... I quickly discovered that maybe that wasn't all that mattered. It was just SO hard to maneuver, especially as the kids got older and heavier. If the ground wasn't perfectly flat, the stroller would tip, and it got to the point where I really never used it for that reason. But lately, I've just been wanting the option of putting the two younger kids in a stroller and going for a walk while Aubrey is at school, etc. So, I read a lot of reviews and decided to get the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I think this stroller will suite our needs perfectly. I needed something that I could easily push, but I don't plan on off-roading it, so this one should be more than sufficient ;) We found a great "open box" deal on Amazon, and it was just delivered the other day. Can't wait to break it in soon!

No comments: