Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Birthday Weekend Fun

My birthday was this past Saturday, and I ended up having birthday fun for several days! I'm not really one to make a huge deal out of my birthday. A nice quiet meal with my family is fine with me :) But I got to do several fun things for my birthday this year, and I'm definitely not complaining!

We had book club the Thursday before my birthday. Another book club friend has the same birthday as me, so our sweet friends decided that we would go to a nicer restaurant than we usually do for dessert to celebrate our birthdays. It was such a fun night! Our friends bought our dessert and made us feel loved :) I always have fun with these sweet girls, birthday or not!

This wasn't related to my birthday, but it just contributed to the fun birthday weekend: Rebekkah was in town on Friday, and I got to meet her for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. We had so much fun catching up! I always wish we could have more time together, but I take what I can get :) Bonus: only one drink was spilled the entire lunch and it was spilled by me instead of one of the kids. David and I have a running joke that we can't go to Mellow Mushroom without spilling at least one drink. Seriously, it happens EVERY single time.

On Friday night, my mom came over to babysit the kids, and David and I had a date night! This was so much fun! We were planning on eating at my favorite Italian restaurant, but when we got in the car, I suddenly got a craving for P.F. Chang's. So random. (I'm not pregnant!) ;) Dinner was so good, and I always love uninterrupted time with my hubby!
After we ate, we got to go see Catching Fire! I was so pumped when I found out that this movie was coming out right before my birthday. I've known for months what I would choose to do for my birthday date :) David and I have both read the books, and we both really liked the movie! I thought it was better than the first one.
On Saturday (my actual birthday), I got to go to Handworks Market with my mom and grandmother. I love Handworks! I love the Christmas music, the booths, and I even think the crowd is fun. It just puts me in the mood for Christmas! :) My mom, grandmother, and I used to go shopping together every single Saturday. I quit going a few years ago because I wanted to be able to spend more time with my family on the weekends. I think that was a good decision, but it's fun to go shopping with them like old times every so often! After we finished at Handworks, we went to a new outlet mall that just opened. It was fun to check out all the new stores!

That evening, David and the kids and I went out to dinner. I picked a hibachi place (apparently I was on a Asian food kick that weekend), but I had forgotten how terrified Jude is of the fire. He FREAKED out when we got seated. He wanted to hide under the table, but I convinced him to sit in my lap and promised him we'd ask the cook not to make any fire. Poor Buddy.
We had fun, but we probably won't be going back to a hibachi place with Jude anytime soon. I finished off my birthday with a trip to Kroger. Because we have to have groceries, even on Mommy's birthday! ;)
 

 I was happy to have such a fun few days, especially after a couple of weeks that had been a bit stressful.
 

No comments: