Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekly Highlights

Last week was THE most low-key week we've had in a long time. All of our summer activities had ended, but our school/fall stuff hadn't started yet, so we had a lot of time at home. It was actually pleasant. I got a lot done around our house, and it was nice to not be so busy. We also didn't have any showings last week, which wasn't all bad after four showings the week before. I'm about ready for things to pick back up now, though!

On Sunday, we went to church and Sunday School that morning and came home for lunch. We napped that afternoon and went back to church that evening. We tried to go to Corner Bakery for dinner, but apparently they close at 8, and we got there at like 7:45. We ended up at Newk's instead. We got the kids to bed like usual that night, and everything seemed fine until 12:30 when Alaina woke up crying. She then proceeded to have the WORST night of her life. She would cry out, David and I would take turns going to soothe her, and she'd lay back down in her bed, but then in 5 minutes or less, she'd be crying again. We rocked her (she would let us rock her for a minute and then reach for her bed), we gave her Tylenol, we swabbed her gums, I brought her downstairs and got on the couch with her, we even tried putting her in the bed with us (she couldn't settle and just seemed restless), and she just would NOT stay asleep. It was frustrating, but it's totally unusual for her to have a bad night, so we knew something had to be bothering her. We were up from 12:30-4:30 with her, and then she FINALLY passed out and slept until 8:30.

We got a slow start to the day on Monday after such an awful night. David even went to work a little late so that he could get some sleep, too. Alaina was totally normal all day (besides being tired), so I still don't know what was going on. The only thing we can imagine is that she's teething -- she's due to get several teeth. (We haven't had another night like that one since, thank God, but she has still been waking up about once a night every night. She's gone back to sleep easily so far, so we're still hoping it's teeth and this will pass when they break through.)
After keeping me up until after 4am, it's a good thing she's cute! :)
The kids and I had a lazy day at home. I did a lot of laundry. The kids decorated a "Christmas tree."
And did some coloring. This is "Queen Aubrey."
I got ready during naptime, and my mom came over that afternoon so that I could go to a consignment sale. I met up with Sarah Denley at the sale, and we shopped together. We then went to dinner at Margarita's. It was so much fun to have adult only conversation with her! By the time I got home, my night of little sleep was catching up with me and I was SO tired. I pretty much went straight to bed.

We went to Bible Study on Tuesday. We finished up our summer study on The Praying Life. It was SO GOOD. I highly recommend that book. We kind of had a hard time getting out of there when Bible Study was over because Jude got upset about something (but wouldn't tell me what was wrong), so I basically had to drag him out of the church. Ughh. We ate lunch when we got home, and then the kids had rest time. David came home that evening, and we grilled some fish for dinner. We had a nice evening at home.

The kids and I stayed home all day on Wednesday. We had a good day. I got some cleaning and laundry done. The kids played together pretty well.
I got ready during rest time. When David got home, I cooked dinner. I was ready to get out of the house for a little while, so we went out for ice cream. We went to Baskin Robbins, and it was good! The kids loved their special treat :) We played outside for a little while when we got home, and then it was bedtime.

Thursday morning, we got ready and went to the park. It was a nice morning... not too hot. The kids had so much fun. Their FAVORITE thing was playing in the dirt/dust. Of course.
They were filthy by the time we left. We made a stop at Sonic for sweet tea for me and water for the kids :) When we got home, I put the kids straight in the bathtub. I got them clean.... and then I had to clean the tub. Haha! We ate lunch, and they napped. When David got home, we decided to go out for pizza. We stopped at Kroger on the way home. We then put the kids to bed.

On Friday, I thought about getting out of the house, but I decided we'd just stay home again. I regretted that decision by lunchtime. We had enjoyed our time at home all week, but by Friday, I think a change of scenery would have been good for all of us. The kids seemed bored and fought more than they had been all week. We survived, though.

By Friday, not sleeping well was catching up with Alaina. She was exhausted. And it showed.
When David got home, we got ready to go to church for a basketball game. Our church was doing a fundraiser for a mission's trip to Belize and for SOK (my dad's ministry) that night in the form of a ladies basketball game. They had a concession stand and the game was so fun to watch! (No, I didn't even consider playing. If it's athletic, I don't touch it. Haha!)
After the game, David took the kids home, and I went out with some girls for our friend Rachel's birthday. We went to Dairy Queen and had fun just hanging out :) It was late when I got home, and David and I went to bed.

Saturday morning, I slept in while the family was at the Farmer's Market. I then painted some cabinet doors for our kitchen. When we painted our kitchen cabinets months ago, I left some of the doors off because I wanted some open shelving. We've heard some feedback that some potential buyers don't necessarily enjoy the open shelving, so we decided to put the doors back on.
David and the kids got home, and we fed them lunch and put them down for naps. I ran to a store to look for Bunco prizes. When I got home, my dad and brothers were here to help David move some furniture out of our garage. They loaded it up and left, and I got the kids ready. We then left to go pick David up at his office (where they took the furniture), and we ran errands. I was still looking for Bunco prizes. No luck, though :( We ate dinner at Mugshots.
We then went to Kroger and came home for baths and bed.

No comments: