Monday, May 20, 2013

Watercolor: Day 6

Once again, the weather wasn't great on Friday. There was a time when this would have majorly disappointed me. Going to the beach for a week and only having like 2 sunny days? Not what I expected or wanted. But, by the grace of God, I was able to take it in stride and put it in perspective this trip. The point of our vacation was to spend time together, enjoy our little family of 5, and just get away. We were accomplishing all of that! So, at the end of the day, it didn't really matter all that much whether it was sunny and warm or overcast and cool :)

We were able to go to the beach Friday morning, in spite of the not-so-great weather.














We enjoyed the beach for a while, but then the wind really started blowing and we were getting pelted by sand. That's actually more painful than you would think. Ha! Alaina wasn't having a bit of fun after that started. Once again, she let me wrap her up in a towel and just hold her.

All of this snuggle time with her was SO sweet, but I was starting to worry that she might be getting sick. She was way more clingy than usual, and every time I picked her up, she just laid her head on my shoulder. Sadly, I was right. She started running fever the next day. Stupid ear infections. After playing for a while at the beach, we decided that we had had enough since we were still getting slapped by sand. It was still early in the day, and we weren't ready to go back home, so we walked over to Seaside. As much as I LOVED Watercolor and would go back there in a heartbeat, I think Seaside is still my favorite. There's just something so charming and fun about it :) Anyway, we decided that we would eat lunch in Seaside, so David ran back home to get our car before we ate so that we wouldn't have to walk all the way back after lunch. While he was gone, the kids and I hung out on a bench, and then Aubrey and Jude ran around.



When David got back, we got lunch. I had a delicious grilled cheese, the kids had a hotdog, and David had BBQ. Yum! By the time we finished eating, it was naptime, and Alaina was fading fast. We drove home and got everyone down for naps. I really wanted to go sit by the pool again, and I did, in spite of the fact that the weather really wasn't good at all. I kept hoping the sun would come out, but instead it just started sprinkling. I thought maybe it would just be a quick shower so I stayed, but after a while, I realized I was crazy to be sitting in the rain shivering when I could be inside. Haha! So, I went back home. The kids were still resting, and David was reading. I sat on the couch and read a while too, but I ended up dozing off. When it was time for the kids to get up, I went and took a shower and got dressed (it was still sprinkling and cool, so we knew playing at the beach wasn't going to happen that afternoon).

The weather finally did clear enough for us to decide to try to run to the beach and get some pictures of the kids. I grabbed clothes for them, and we headed to the beach.
Jude was NOT into taking pictures when we first got there.


Aubrey and Alaina were being pretty cooperative, so I just took some sweet sister pictures and some individual ones of my girls :)






David went over to talk to Jude and I think the words "ice cream after dinner" might have been uttered. Suddenly, Jude had a whole new perspective on pictures. It was the strangest thing? Hahaha!



Whatever it took, I was just happy to get some pictures of all three of my babies!





When the kids had had enough of the picture taking, we let them run around on the beach for a little while, and then we headed back home for dinner. I cooked fettuccini alfredo that night, and then Jude got his ice cream :) We got the kids to bed and then David and I enjoyed another night of reading and watching a movie. Even though the day didn't go as planned, it was super fun!
 

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Such great shots of the kids! Glad you enjoyed your time at Watercolor despite the weather. Looks like a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

Your pictures are gorgeous. Aubrey is looking so grown up.

Sarah Denley said...

Y'all got such great pics! And I love the girls' swimsuits so much!

Jennifer said...

Those last two pics are THE best!! What sweet babies you have! :)