Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week in Review: Home Visit and an Easter Egg Hunt

Ok, let's see if I can get back into the swing of doing these posts. Last week felt really busy and hectic because we were getting ready for our home visit on Wednesday, but we were just at home a lot of the week. Aubrey had another break from school, so we weren't even driving to pick her up those two days. Thankfully, David was off on Friday because by then, I was ready for a change of scenery! :)

Sunday: We got up and got ready for church, like usual. I was excited because the Arants were in town and were going to be at church! We couldn't wait to see them! We had a good church service and then we went to Sunday School. After church, we went to lunch with the Arants at Mr. Chen's. It was so good, and the company was even better :) We stayed as long as we could before the kids NEEDED their naps. We wish we could have had more time, but we so enjoyed catching up. We came home and got the kids to bed, and then I took a short nap. I got up to get ready for church, and we went to evening worship. After it was over, we went to dinner at Newk's. We came home and got the kids right to bed. I got on the internet for a while before bed.

Monday: We literally stayed home all day. I had a house to clean and a book club book to read, so we definitely needed a day at home. The kids played and watched a movie that morning while I read a while. When Alaina napped, I took a shower and did a lot of laundry. After lunch, the kids and I went upstairs, and I read them some books, and then I did some cleaning upstairs while they played. When it was rest time, I got them all down, and then I came downstairs and read some more. My friend texted me to let me know that we were moving book club from Tuesday night to Wednesday night, so that took some of the pressure off to read as fast. It worked out really well because I was able to put the book away for the most part and focus on getting the house ready. When the kids got up from rest, we came downstairs for a snack and then they played and I worked on cooking dinner. We ate, and then I gave the kids baths. I got them into their pajamas, and then we watched Dancing with the Stars. David got home at bedtime, and he took Aubrey and Jude upstairs, and I put Alaina to bed. I then got on the internet, and then David and I talked while he ate dinner. We did a few more things around the house and went to bed.

Tuesday: We got ready for Bible Study that morning and made it to church on time. We've started a new study -- it's a Tim Keller video series -- and it's really interesting. I've enjoyed it so far! After Bible Study, I picked the kids up from the nursery, and we came home and ate lunch.
Working on our straw skills :)
We played for a while after lunch, and then it was naptime. While they slept, I put up some laundry and dusted. I also got on the internet for a while. That afternoon, the kids got up and played outside. David came home, and I cooked dinner. We ate together, and then David played with the kids while I went upstairs and gave all of the bathrooms a good deep cleaning. By the time I finished that, it was bedtime for the kids, so we got them down. I watched the Dancing with the Stars results show, and I did some cleaning during commercials :) David and I got the house looking the way I wanted it to look, and surprisingly, we weren't even up late. We actually went to bed fairly early, and I wasn't even super nervous or stressed! That right there is a miracle, y'all ;)

Wednesday: David and I got up early, and we both got ourselves ready. We got the kids up and fed them breakfast, and then we got them ready. Then we waited :) Our home visit was at 9, and the 10 minutes leading up to that was probably the most nerve-wracking part. Once she got here, everything was fine. Like I've already mentioned, our kids were good, and the whole thing was pretty low-key. It was over by 9:45, and I put Alaina down for her nap. David and I talked for a few minutes, and then he left to go to work. Aubrey, Jude, and I just hung out and played until Alaina woke up. We wanted to get out of the house since it was spotless and I wanted to keep it that way as long as possible. Haha! So, we went to Chick Fil A for lunch. I let the kids play for a while after we ate. We had fun! After we left CFA, we went to a few stores to look for church shoes for Aubrey. I didn't find anything I liked, so we came home for naps. I got the kids down, and then I finished my book club book. Thankfully, I didn't have much more to read. When the kids woke up, we played and ate a snack.

Then David got home, and we talked. I left for book club a little early and went by Target. We met at Sweet Peppers for book club, and it was so much fun! It was nice to be able to tell my friends about our home visit :) We had read The Harbinger, and I've gotta be honest -- I wasn't a fan. I thought the book was poorly written, and I didn't really buy into the story either. I mean, it was interesting, I guess, but it definitely wasn't my favorite. Even when the books aren't my favorite, I still always enjoy our book club discussions, and this was no exception. We stayed until the restaurant was closing (as usual), and then I came home. David and I talked for a little while, and then we went to bed.

Thursday: We had another day at home. It wasn't the most exciting day. Our house was still super clean, so I got kind of bored. I felt like I didn't have much to do. The kids and I played, ate lunch, and then they took naps. We had a Maundy Thursday service at church that night, so I got ready while the kids napped. When they got up, I got them ready. We were meeting David at church, and we were ready, so we ended up leaving early and getting to church about 30 minutes before the service started. It worked out well, though, because David was already there, and it gave me time to feed Alaina dinner. Our service was good -- we had communion. After it was over, we visited for a little while, and then we went to dinner with my family at a Mexican restaurant. We had fun, except Jude apparently swallowed a chip weird, and he started crying really loudly. David took him out and got him calmed down. After dinner, we came home and put the kids to bed. Then David and I spent a long time discussing decisions that needed to be made for our adoption, and we were able to make a lot of decisions and really get on the same page. It was a good discussion. We went to bed pretty late.

Friday: This was Good Friday, and David was off work :) We had a lot of stuff we wanted to get done that day. David let me sleep in, and then I got up and he went outside to do yard work. I got myself and Alaina ready, and Aubrey and Jude went outside with David while he worked in the yard.

No children were harmed during the taking of this photo :)
Alaina and I went to Hobby Lobby and Lowe's.

We came back home and ate lunch, and then I went outside to work on a painting project. David put Alaina down for her nap, and Aubrey and Jude came outside with me. After a while, David put them down too, and I finished my project. I came inside while the kids napped, and David did more yard work. After the kids got up, David came inside and got cleaned up, and then we went to dinner at Soulshine. After we ate, we walked over to a shoe store and were able to find church shoes for Aubrey and Jude (Alaina has hand me downs from Aubrey). So glad to get that marked off my list! After the shoe store, we went to Old Navy so that I could make a return. Aubrey ended up falling down on the concrete and scraping her elbow. She cried the whole way home :( David got Alaina ready for bed while I doctored on Aubrey's scrape. We then traded off, and he put Aubrey and Jude to bed while I put Alaina to bed. When the kids were asleep, David and I watched Hunger Games. Towards the end of the movie, Jude kept waking up. He wouldn't really say what was wrong, he just fussed. He eventually went back to sleep and had a decent night.

Saturday: We had our Easter egg hunt at church that morning, so we had to get up pretty early. David was still going to take Aubrey and Jude to the farmer's market like usual to get our milk, so I helped get them ready, and they left.

Farmer's Market fun!
I then got myself and Alaina ready, and we left and met David, Aubrey, and Jude there.

Alaina's adorable little bunny outfit is courtesy of Miss Ann Peyton Herrington :)
The kids had a blast! One of Aubrey's little friends from school was there (she doesn't go to our church), and Aubrey was in heaven. They ran around holding hands the whole time. It was cute :)

Our "Easter baskets" consisted of a random pail and a Spider Man backpack. We're fancy ;)

Me, my mom, and Alaina :)
Lainey and Bop Bop
Aubrey had fun in the bounce house....
....Jude, on the other hand, was more than happy to just observe :)
After the Easter egg hunt was over, we went to lunch at Beagle Bagel. I love Beagle Bagel, and it made me miss my weekly lunches there! David left first with Aubrey and Jude because they needed to go by Lowe's, and I finished feeding Alaina and then we came home. We got the kids down for naps, and then I made a grocery list. We were hosting Easter lunch the next day, so I needed a lot. I left while the kids were napping, and I went to several stores. I finished at Kroger, and then I came home and got all of the groceries put away. I cooked dinner that evening, and then we bathed the kids and got them to bed. We got the house "company ready" and I ironed everyone's Easter clothes. It was pretty late by the time we went to bed.

No comments: