Sunday, March 17, 2013

Quick Catch Up

Well, hey there, my poor neglected blog! I know I kind of just dropped off the face of the earth last week as far as this blog is concerned. Things are good, we've just been busy! As I mentioned, last weekend Sarah Denley and I went to Atlanta to meet Ashley for an adoption conference. It was really good! It was a LOT of information, and I felt like a deer in the headlights at times, but it was a great experience. Of course, it was a blast hanging out with these two girls:
The conference kept us pretty busy all weekend, but we did fit in some super fun things, too. Like staying up until all hours of the night catching up. And going to Ikea. And meeting up with Amy one night for dinner. The three of us have all been reading Amy's blog for a long time, so when we ended up having some free time, we decided to see if she could meet us for dinner. I'm SO glad it worked out!! Amy is SO SO sweet, and we all loved hanging out with her!
I got back home on Monday evening, and the kids and David had done fine without me. I was SO happy to see them! David was wonderful and took great care of the kids while I was gone. We jumped right back into our normal routine, and it was just a busy week because we were getting ready for Alaina's birthday party that we had yesterday. I literally waited until the week of the party to plan it. Ha! Poor third child..... the party turned out great, in spite of being planned at the eleventh hour. It was just a sweet little low-key gathering, and I was so happy to be celebrating my baby girl. I'll do a full party recap soon.
So that catches you up on what we've been up to lately! Hopefully I'll be back to regular blogging now.  :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

it was SO fun to meet y'all, too! and neglected blogs seem to be all the rage these days, right? :) (hope so, because mine sure is!)