Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that it's already January! I usually do a Year in Review post, but time just got away from me, and I didn't get it done this time. Those posts tend to take forever to do, and so I just decided to not worry about it this year. Sometimes it feels good to just let things go :)

We had a super exciting New Year's Eve here at the Howie house. It consisted of eating dinner at Applebee's and a trip to Wal-Mart. We live such an exciting life! ;) We are wrapping up the kitchen cabinet project, and it feels good to start getting things back in order. The order will be short lived, though. We'll be starting another big project soon -- we're painting the walls in our kitchen and living room. That's a fairly huge undertaking, and I'm not excited about the process, but I'm looking forward to having it done. I've been wanting to paint those rooms for a while now. When we get everything done, I can't wait to post pictures!

David has been off work since before Christmas, and he goes back tomorrow. We're going to really miss him! I think it will be kind of lonely around here without him. It will be nice to get back into our normal routine, though. Ever since he's been home, we've been so busy painting and trying to get things done, that our normal "schedule" has kind of gone out the window. It will be good to get back into my everyday routine at home with the kids. David is so great about doing so much with the kids when he's at home that I feel like I haven't been spending nearly as much time with them as I usually do.

I still have TONS of pictures to catch up on posting. I still haven't even made it to Halloween on the blog. I hate being so far behind! I'm trying to decided if I'm going to go ahead and post Christmas stuff (our card, decorations, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day) and then go back to the "catch-up" posts or if I'm going to just keep going in chronological order. Decisions, decisions! ;) One of these days I'll be all caught up!

Hope y'all have all had a Happy New Year's! :)

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Happy New Year Carrie! Catch-up posts are no fun -- I'm behind on my Building A Home posts and it makes it seem like such a chore to get back on track. It'll be worth it though (for you and for me!) :)