Monday, November 19, 2012

Week in Review: Low Key Week and A Busy Weekend

Our week was pretty good. It wasn't very busy, which was fine. Aubrey had a short little bout of sickness one day, but thankfully that was short lived. We had a super busy and fun weekend! 

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School that morning. We came home and ate chili for lunch, and then we took our usual Sunday afternoon naps :) That evening was church again, and then we ate dinner at Schlotzsky's. When we got home, we put the kids to bed, I got on the internet for a while, and then we went to bed. Good, normal Sunday :)

Monday: This was kind of a frustrating morning. I had planned to get myself and the little kids ready and go to Target on our way to pick Aubrey up from school. Except our dog dug out. Ughh. So, as we were getting ready to leave, David called and said someone had our dog and I needed to go pick her up. We went to get her, but there had been a miscommunication, and the lady who had her had left to go to lunch. So I could hear our dog barking in her garage, but I couldn't get her. By that point, it was too late to go to Target, so we just went on to Aubrey's school. I fed Alaina baby food in the parking lot, and then we headed home. We stopped and got our dog on the way home. I put the kids down for naps when we got home, and then I got on the computer and straightened up the house. I ended up having to wake the kids up, so it was getting dark and late by the time they got up. Then they were slightly grumpy while I was trying to cook dinner, which is always fun. Except not. I got dinner ready, we ate, and it felt really late, but it was only like 5:45. I knew at that point that it was going to be a long evening. We played and the kids basically destroyed the house. They were just really wild, and I didn't have a lot of patience. By the time David got home, I felt like I was at my wit's end. David took Aubrey and Jude right upstairs for bed, and I got Alaina to bed. David and I then talked while he ate dinner, and I straightened up since our house looked like a tornado blew through. I then just enjoyed the quiet house until bed.

Tuesday: Once again, our day didn't go as planned. I got up early and took a shower to get ready for Bible Study. When I got out of the shower, Aubrey was calling from her room. I went into her room, and she informed me that she had thrown up in her sink. Ughhhh. Thankfully, David hadn't let for work yet, because Aubrey proceeded to get sick several more times after that, and we all know how I handle throw up :-/ Jude was pretty traumatized by seeing Aubrey sick. He asked to go "night night." Haha! I pretty much took care of Alaina and Jude while David dealt with Aubrey. I'm SO thankful that he was able to go to work late so that he could help me out. Aubrey was sick until her stomach was empty, and then she seemed completely over whatever it was by 9AM. David had a meeting, so he had to leave to go to work. Aubrey actually started begging for food at that point, but I wanted to wait a while before giving her food, so I kept putting her off. She basically cried/whined for food the rest of the morning. It wasn't fun having to tell her no. I was slowly giving her liquid and she was keeping it down fine, so I started to give her little bites of food. I fixed lunch for Jude, and Aubrey ate an apple and was fine. David was SO sweet and came home early to help me deal with everyone. We got the kids down for naps, and then I took a shower. David and I talked for a little while, and we actually ended up dozing off and taking a little nap. When we woke up, I ran to Target since I didn't get to go the day before. Aubrey was completely back to normal after her nap. No one else ever got sick, so I don't know if she had food poisoning (although I don't think she ate anything the rest of us didn't eat) or just a mild bug. Either way, I'm SUPER thankful that it passed as quickly as it did. I fixed some dinner for David and the kids, and then I went to Bunco. It was fun and nice to be out of the house after a not-so-fun day. When I got home, David and I talked for a little while and then went to bed.

Wednesday: David and I debated on whether or not to send Aubrey to school, but since she had been symptom free for 24 hours, we decided to let her go. Jude, Alaina, and I hung out at home and didn't do much other than play and let Alaina nap. We left when it was time to pick Aubrey up, and she had had a good day. I put the kids down for naps when we got home, and then I got on the internet and got the house cleaned up. When David got home, we got the kids ready and left for church. We had to be there early because David had a short meeting before dinner. We ate at church, and then I went to my 1st and 2nd grade class. Thankfully, it was my friend's turn to teach, so I was just there for crowd control :) David and I brought our kids home and put them straight to bed, and then I read a little before bed.

Thursday: I knew we needed to get out of the house, so I got us ready and as soon as Alaina woke up from her morning nap, we left. We drove through Chick Fil A and picked up lunch, and then we took it to the park and had a picnic. We were the only ones at the park, and the weather was so nice. Perfect :) The kids had a blast running around and playing, and we even went for a little walk on the trail. Aubrey and Jude took turns pushing Alaina in the stroller :) We stayed until naptime, and then we came home. I put the kids to bed, and then I put some potato soup in the crockpot for dinner. I just played around on the computer and did a little laundry during naptime. When the kids woke up, I got them a snack, and then I made some biscuits to go with our dinner, and we waited for David to get home. As soon as he did, we ate dinner. Then we had a family devotion and put the kids to bed. David and I talked for a while and got the house straightened up.

Friday: We needed to go buy a birthday present that morning. By the time I got us all ready, it was almost time for Alaina's morning nap. I knew if we waited until she woke up, though, it would be lunchtime. Then it would be almost afternoon naptime. There's just no good time to run errands on a two nap schedule. I'm one of those Mama's who is not sad to see the morning nap go for that very reason. Anyway, I decided that we were just going to have to skip Alaina's morning nap. I was hoping she would nap in the car, but she didn't. We went to Toy's R Us, and I let Aubrey pick out a present for her little friend. The whole thing actually went better than I expected. Alaina did fine, and Aubrey had fun picking out the present. By the time we got home, it was lunchtime, so I got everyone fed and ready for naptime. I had a headache, so I wanted to take a little nap myself, but Aubrey and Jude were awful during naptime. I must have gone upstairs 8 times in a one hour period. Not very conducive to a nap for Mama. Every time I would start to doze off, someone would start yelling. I got SO frustrated and was kind of snappy with the kids. I finally just gave up on taking a nap. While the kids finished "naptime" I got myself ready. David got home, and my mom came over to babysit. David and I went on a "double date" with Sarah Denley and Peyton that night, and it was so fun! We went to a nice restaurant, and it was wonderful to be able to have solid adult conversations :) After dinner, we went to Cold Stone for dessert. We had more great conversation, and we finally had to call it a night to go relieve our babysitters. We love our kids so much, but it's very nice to have a night out every once in a while! When we got home, my mom told us all about their night, and we talked for a while before she left. David and I went to bed not too long after that.

Saturday: This was a BUSY but fun day :) David took the kids to the Farmer's Market like usual that morning, only this time, he took Alaina too. So I slept until 10:00 in a quiet house. It was amazing! When I got up, I took a shower and started getting ready, and then David and the kids got home. I wrapped the birthday present and got Aubrey ready, and my mom came over again to keep Alaina and Jude while David and I took Aubrey to the party. The beginning of the part was at Wendy's, and I dropped David and Aubrey off there and went over to Handworks for a while. I had so much fun looking around, and it was actually kind of nice to be by myself and able to go at my own pace. I got a cute picture frame and an outfit for Alaina. I met back up with David and Aubrey after I finished, and we walked to the Coliseum for the second part of the birthday party: Disney on Ice! I was so excited about taking Aubrey. She loved it! It kept her attention the whole time, and we had a really fun time. It was nice for David and I to be able to spend some one-on-one time with Aubrey. After it was over, we rushed back home, and I fed Alaina. We then went over to my grandmother's house for dinner to see my aunt and uncle and cousins who were in town. That was a lot of fun! By the time we my grandmother's, it was past bedtime, so we just skipped the grocery store. I figured I could scrounge something up for lunch the next day ;) We got the kids to bed as soon as we got home, and then I ironed clothes for church the next day and read some of my book club book before going to bed myself.

No comments: