Monday, May 7, 2012

Week in Review: Back in the Gym

We had a nice week. It felt sort of busy, but when I was doing this post, it was pretty normal. I did rejoin the gym, so I worked out a few times. That is a nice way to break up the day when we don't have other plans. 

Sunday: When I got up, I cooked some sausage that I had made the night before and made some biscuits to go with it. We had a nice big breakfast, but then we were running a little late for church. We made it just in time for David to do sound. Alaina got fussy during church, so I had to take her out for a while. She went to sleep, and I was able to go back in. I fed her between church and Sunday School, and she got real fussy after that. I ended up missing almost all of Sunday School. We came home after church and heated up lunch. It was nice that I had made it the night before because we were able to eat really quickly. I made some chocolate chip cookies to take to church that night, and then I took a nap. We went back to church that evening, and then we had fellowship time after the service. It was fun! By the time we got home, it was bedtime, so David put Aubrey and Jude to bed while I took care of Alaina. The rest of the night, I got on the internet and went to bed.

Monday: We had an uneventful day at home. The kids played and I worked around the house. I did lots of laundry and straightening. Alaina took a short morning nap. Usually she takes a short nap in the morning, so I don't have a lot of time to get anything done. She's been taking a LONG nap in the afternoon while Aubrey and Jude nap, though, so I'm not complaining! :) We ate lunch, and then the kids all took naps. I don't even remember what I did during naptime that day, but I'm sure it was something highly productive and beneficial ;) I do remember that I made some homemade ketchup. When the kids woke up, we went outside to play in the backyard. I held Alaina and read a book while Aubrey and Jude ran around and had fun. We came inside after a while so that I could start dinner. We ate a little earlier than usual, and then I bathed Aubrey and Jude. When they were out of the tub and in their pj's, we watched Dancing with the Stars until David got home and put them to bed. I finished watching while I fed Alaina and got her to sleep, and then David and I talked for a little while before going to bed.

Tuesday: We woke up and got ready for Bible Study. It was our last lesson in our Grace study that we've been doing. I missed out on a huge chunk of it due to bedrest and having a baby, so I'm planning on reading the book on my own. Bible Study was good, and I fed Alaina before we headed home. When we got home, Jude was just being a PILL. I don't know what his deal was, but he was throwing a huge fit and refusing to eat everything I offered him for lunch. I finally just put him down for his nap with no lunch. He took a while to go to sleep, too, and I was just worn out by the time he did. Thankfully, Aubrey and Alaina went down fine. I rested and got on the internet while they napped. When David got home, he took Aubrey and Jude outside and took Alaina while I fixed some dinner. She was pretty fussy during that time, so I took her and tried to get her to take a nap but she wouldn't go to sleep. We had someone come over to give us an estimate on refinishing our deck, and I needed to leave for book club right after he got here. I felt bad leaving David with the fussy kids and the man here, but he handled it fine :) I was SO glad to have a night out since the day had been kind of stressful. I ran to Target and returned a few things on my way to book club. We met at Corner Bakery, and it was so fun! We hadn't read a book this month, so we just hung out and talked and decided on a list of new books to read. We stayed pretty late, and all the kids were in bed asleep when I got home. Thankfully, Alaina took her bottle just fine :) I pumped and David told me about their night, and then we went to bed.

Wednesday: Our grass REALLY needed to be cut, and our weekends are pretty busy for the next few weeks (and my sweet husband spends his free nights keeping the kids so that I can go to book club and other things), so I had asked my brothers to come cut our grass. After breakfast, the kids and I loaded up and went to pick them up. They got busy in the yard when we got back to our house, and the kids and I just played inside. We didn't have much to offer my brothers for lunch, so we went and picked up Chick Fil A. They went back outside to work some more after lunch, and I bathed Aubrey and Jude. Jude ended up going "potty" in the bathtub, and that caused major drama. Aubrey and Jude both freaked out, of course, and Alaina was screaming in her bouncy seat while I took care of them. I put them in the shower and got them all clean, and then I put all three kids down for naps. It really started storming, so my brothers had to come inside until it passed. When they went back out, I took a shower and started getting ready. They finished up the yard and came in and took a shower, and my mom picked them up to go to church for tutoring. I finished getting ready after they left, and then David got home. We got the kids all dressed and ready, and then we went to church. We were having potluck that night, and my parents were SO sweet and made something for me since I didn't want to take all 3 kids to the grocery store. We ate and hung out for a little while, and then we left a little early. We wanted to get the kids to bed on time. While I was getting Alaina to sleep, I watched American Idol and then put her to bed and went to bed myself.

Thursday: I was going back to the gym for the first time since early in my pregnancy with Alaina. We got up and got ready, and I dropped the kids off at my parents' house. Thankfully, the gym where I'm going is 5 minutes from their house, so I don't have to use gym childcare at this point. I had a good workout, and it was actually really nice to be out of the house and have an hour to myself. It helped break up the day. The kids had a blast at my parents' house of course. I stayed and visited for a few minutes, and then we came home for lunch. Once the kids were fed, I put them down for naps. While they slept, I made some homemade mayo. Then I made BBQ sauce using the ketchup I made the other day. I took a shower and got dressed, and then Jude woke up. His nap was kind of short, but he was in a good mood, so it was ok :) I shredded some chicken that I had put in the crockpot that morning, an then it was time to get Aubrey and Alaina up. We played outside until David got home. He kept the kids outside while I finished dinner. I shredded up some cabbage and carrots and made coleslaw, and we had BBQ chicken. After dinner, we had a family devotion, and then David played with Aubrey and Jude and I held Alaina. I watched American Idol while David got the older kids to bed, and I got Alaina to sleep. I read some of Divergent that night before going to bed.

Friday: We got up and got ready, and I went to the gym again. I was kind of sore from working out the day before, but I still had a good workout. When I picked the kids up, my grandmother was there visiting :) The little girl my mom babysits was there that day, too, so the kids were not happy about leaving. Ha! We finally came home because it was past lunch time. I put the kids down for naps and took a shower. I then folded laundry, cleaned up the house, swept, and made up my bed. The kids woke up, and I gave them a shower (they did well in the shower a few days back, and it was much faster than a bath, so we might keep that up as long as they seem to like it). David got home and played with them while I got ready.
I don't know why I even bother making the bed up ;)

We met my mom for dinner (everyone else in my family was busy that night) at 5 Guys. We ate outside and had fun! We then walked to Barnes and Noble, and Aubrey and Jude loved looking at books. We stayed until it was bedtime. We got everyone to bed when we got home, and the I read Divergent until bedtime.

Saturday: Alaina was up to eat at 5 instead of 6, and that actually worked out better. She went back to sleep much more easily, and it was still early enough for me to get more sleep. David was going to a workday for our church at 8, so I was bummed out when Aubrey woke up shortly after 7. I told her it was too early to get up and that she could come downstairs and get in the bed with me until Jude woke up. I didn't expect that to go well, but the next thing I know, Aubrey was waking me up at 8:30 asking if it was time to get up!! I could hear Alaina was starting to stir over the monitor, so we got up and I went to feed her. Jude woke up right after that, and we all came downstairs to eat breakfast. I put a movie in for Aubrey and held Alaina until she went to sleep again. Then I put her in bed and took a shower. We just hung out at home the rest of the morning, and then I fixed lunch for us. David got home as we were eating. I got ready and fed Alaina and put her down for a nap. David put Aubrey and Jude down, and I made a grocery list. I went and met my mom and grandmother and shopped for a little while. Then I went to the grocery store before going home. When I got home, I fed Alaina and we got the kids dressed. We got a quick dinner at Newk's, and then we went and got some flowers and pine straw. When we got home, David bathed Aubrey and Jude, and I bathed Alaina. Then we put them all to bed. I prepped our lunch for the next day and read my book until I was ready for bed.

No comments: