Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week in Review: Busy Bee

I had a very productive week, which felt really good! I made to-do lists for myself everyday, and it really helped me get things done even though I'm not really a "list person." It is frustrating to feel like you work hard everyday trying to get things done, and at the end of the week your house still looks like a tornado blew through it. I guess that's just part of having kids! ;) I must have been so busy that I couldn't find time to pick up the camera because I didn't take any pictures :(

Sunday: We went to church, and it was good. Then I fed Alaina and went to Sunday School. After it was over, we came home for lunch. We took naps that afternoon, and then went back to church that evening. We hurried home after church so that we could make it home before Alaina needed to eat again. I fed her, and David got some dinner ready for Aubrey and Jude. Then it was bedtime, so David put Aubrey and Jude to bed, and I got Alaina to sleep and put her to bed.

Monday: I had a very productive day, so that was nice! When we got up that morning, I fixed breakfast for the kids, and then I held Alaina for a while. I put her in her bed, and she took a nap for about an hour. While she slept, Aubrey watched a movie, Jude played, and I cleaned up my bedroom and dusted. I fixed lunch for the kids, and we ate. I put a whole chicken in the crockpot to cook for two recipes I was trying later in the week. This was my first time to cook a whole chicken, and I thought I would be totally grossed out, but it wasn't bad. I got some laundry going and then put the kids down for naps. Thankfully they all went down at the same time. I blogged and then did more laundry. I called the pediatrician and rescheduled Alaina's doctor's appointment, and then I took a shower and got dressed. The kids got up, and we played for a while. I started cooking dinner, and then we ate. At first, Aubrey and Jude wouldn't eat, and I got pretty frustrated, but then I ended up feeding them, and they ate that way. Random. There was food all over the floor after we finished eating, so I put Alaina in the Moby and vacuumed. I then gave Aubrey and Jude a bath, and then we watched Dancing with the Stars until David got home. He put Aubrey and Jude to bed while I got Alaina to sleep. After I put her down, David ate dinner while I took the meat off the chicken I had cooked in the crockpot. I started some chicken stock in the crockpot with with the chicken bones to cook overnight. I ironed our clothes to wear to Bible Study the next day, and I did some of my Bible Study homework (but I didn't finish -- oops!) before going to bed.

Tuesday: We got up and started getting ready for Bible Study. Jude was having a hard morning and he just had meltdown after meltdown. Then it started pouring down rain and we were running late. I came about this close to skipping Bible Study, but we were already almost ready, and honestly, the thought of putting Jude in the nursery for a while was what made me decide to go. Ha! Just keeping it real :) We got to church pretty late, and it was still raining. It was VERY tricky getting three kids unloaded and inside in the pouring rain, and we all got pretty wet. Bible Study was good, though, and I was glad I went! I fed Alaina after it was over, and Aubrey and Jude played in the gym with some friends who were staying at church to eat lunch. When I was done feeding Alaina, I talked to my friends for a few minutes, and then we headed home. I fed the kids and put all three of them down for a nap. I didn't get as much done that day. I put the chicken stock that had been cooking in the refrigerator and got on the internet for a while. When the kids got up, they ate a snack and we waited for David to get home. When he did, he played with the kids while I cooked dinner. We ate together, and then we just hung out at home all evening. After the kids were in bed, I watched the Dancing with the Stars results show. I got Alaina to sleep and then went to bed fairly early.

Wednesday: We hung at at home all morning. I started addressing some of Alaina's birth announcements, but I didn't get too far. I put Alaina down for an nap late morning, and she slept for a long time. I cleaned the guest bathroom and made up the bed, and then I fixed lunch for the kids. After they ate, I gave Aubrey and Jude a bath and then put them in their rooms for rest time. Alaina was still asleep, so I took a shower and started getting ready for church. It was time for Alaina to eat, and I could hear her stirring, so I went to her room to feed her. She ate and went BACK to sleep. She has been having more awake/alert time lately, but that day she was just out. I put her back in her bed and finished getting ready. I was able to get the house all straightened up before everyone woke up. When David got home, we got all three kids ready for church, and then we left. We had a good evening at church. We ate dinner, and then David and I talked to a bunch of people who were just hanging out in the fellowship hall while the kids were in the nursery. I had to feed Alaina before we came home, and by the time we got back it was bedtime. We got everyone to bed and went to bed after that.

Thursday: When we got up, we ate breakfast and started getting ready. Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton were coming over (Graves was under the weather), so we all got dressed and I picked up the house a little bit. SD brought Newk's for lunch, and we had fun! The kids played fairly well together -- Aubrey was as bossy as usual. ;) After they left, I put everyone down for naps. Jude took forever to go to sleep, but he finally did. I got the kids up and gave them a snack, and then we loaded up to go meet David at church. I was going to hear my friend, Gray, give a report on her trip to Africa, so David and I traded cars, and he took Aubrey and Jude home. I took Alaina with me. My mom met me at church, and we rode to the house where Gray was giving her report together. We stopped at Backyard Burger on our way and ate some dinner in the parking lot. I really enjoyed hearing Gray talk about her time in Africa. Alaina got fussy and I had to feed her, but then she went to sleep in my arms and was quiet the rest of the time. When I got home, the kids were asleep, and David and I talked while I fed Alaina and got her to sleep. We went to bed after that, and Alaina had a REALLY good night :)

Friday: I had my 6 week postpartum checkup that morning, so David stayed home that morning to keep the kids while I went to that. It was a fairly quick appointment, and it went well. When I got home, the kids were playing outside in the front yard with David. It was time for Alaina to eat, and David needed to go to work, so Aubrey and Jude moved to the back deck where I could see them while I nursed. They played in the mud and got SO dirty. Aubrey was wearing her church shoes and ruined them. Ughh. Jude kept coming inside with his hands COVERED in mud, and they were tracking dirt everywhere. I got so frustrated. I realized it wasn't their fault, and they were just having fun, so I tried not to take my frustration out on them. For some reason, I was so tired even though Alaina had had pretty much the best night of her life, so that made me a little short on patience. I fixed lunch for the kids and then put them down for naps. I cleaned up all the dirt on the floor from earlier, and then I tried to take a nap. Jude was having a hard time going to sleep again, and I kept having to get up and go to his room. He would throw his pillow and blanket out of his bed and then yell for them. I kept giving them to him because I REALLY wanted him to go to sleep. But then I would doze off, and he would start yelling again. So annoying! I finally gave up on a nap for me, and Jude went to sleep. Of course. I got on the internet for a while, and then it was time to get Aubrey up. Alaina woke up to eat, and David came home. We had to wake Jude up. I cooked dinner, and we ate early. After dinner, we went to Target. Alaina got fussy, so I had to carry her. We had fun getting out of the house and just browsing. We went to Kroger next, and I just ran in while David and the kids stayed in the car. When we got home, it was bedtime. We got all three kids to bed, and then David and I watched Breaking Dawn. It was late when the movie ended, and we went to bed.

Saturday: David got up with Aubrey and Jude and took them to Lowe's, and Alaina and I got to sleep until 9. When I got up, I started cooking a meal for a family from church who just had a baby. I took a shower and got ready, and then my mom and grandmother came over. David and I were seeing a movie, and they were babysitting. My mom was too scared to keep all three of the kids by herself, so she brought my grandmother for help. Haha! David and I delivered the food to the family, and then we went to see The Hunger Games. I had just finished reading the last book in the trilogy, and David has read the first two books, so I was super excited to see the movie. I really liked it! Of course the book is always better, though :) Mostly it was just SO fun to get out with David and see a movie. When we got home, my mom said the kids had done well. They had to give Alaina a bottle, and she took it fine. We visited with my mom and grandmother for a while, and then they left. I fed Alaina and pumped and made a Kroger/Wal-Mart list, and we left. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and then we went to Wal-Mart. By the time we finished there, it was too late to go to Kroger, so we just came home and put the kids to bed. I picked out church clothes for the next day, and then we went to bed.

No comments: