Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Festival 2011

We had so much fun at our church's Fall Festival on Saturday night. When I was trying to decide how I wanted to dress the kids up, I knew I wanted their costumes to coordinate. Also, I knew Aubrey wouldn't be into anything "over the top" unless it was a Disney Princess. I know those days are coming, so I wanted to get just ONE more year where I could pick her costume. Ha! But I knew a plush costume would NOT be her piece of cake, and I was pretty positive that she wouldn't go for anything that involved face paint or anything on her head. Have I mentioned that she's quite picky and has a mind of her own?? Ha! So, that's when I decided that a cheerleader would be cute and simple. And almost every little girl dresses up as a cheerleader at some point in her life, right?! I'm glad I did go with something simple, because just getting her into this dress was a bit of a battle. I though she was an adorable little Auburn cheerleader! :)For Jude, I definitely wanted to go with some sort of animal. I just love a little boy in an animal costume. Haha! So, the choice was obvious! Jude was Auburn's mascot Aubie the tiger! He also looked adorable! His little black nose was gone by the time we got to church. Haha! I didn't get a ton of pictures of Aubrey and Jude together, sadly. I got some cute ones, but Aubrey was "cheering" and was just a blur. That's when I decided to switch the camera to auto ;) I'll post the blurry ones anyway since I don't have many.It was another fun year dressing up. I kept thinking that this time next year, I'll jave to come up with coordinating costumes for THREE babies! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Carrie, they are adorable! What fun costumes! I totally get what it is like to have a daughter with a mind of her own.